Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Man the Eagles look trrrbl.....looks like my winter’s gonna be freed up.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Looks like both teams' defense decided to skip the 2nd half.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Man the Eagles look trrrbl.....looks like my winter’s gonna be freed up.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    its soooo over....lots of blame to throw around.

Can someone explain to me how Carson Wentz is any different/better than Joe Flacco with a little more mobility?

I'm not watching tape or Philly games all that often, but from what I've seen he's not worth the hype.
    Live Free or Die

Coming back from injury in NFL is never easy. See Derek Carr. Wentz might never be as good as he was in 2017.

Eli Manning can still play

Not a bad game for a stinker.

giants only screwed themselves of a higher draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Carson Wentz is any different/better than Joe Flacco with a little more mobility?

I'm not watching tape or Philly games all that often, but from what I've seen he's not worth the hype.
    Jury is still out. He definitely has more improv skills and has MUCH greater mobility than Flacco. He's also really only in his 2.5yr. And, I didn't think he'd be getting back until around now, so I do think the injury has held him back a bit. Not to mention the "O" line hasn't been as good as last year and almost no running game.

But they have issues everywhere, most notably: safety. The starters weren't so great and I think they're now starting the guys from the practice squad's practice squad. It's tough for any offense to get in synch when the defense is on the field for hours at a time; some of that is on the offense not getting first downs...but really, the defense needs to make its own luck and get off the field.

Eagles injuries have made them a dumpster fire this year.
    Last edited by smartyiak; 11-19-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

^

Agree with everything you said. I suffered through Sunday night in person. I don't think there's any question his career will prove to be considerably better than Flacco's but time will tell. Right now, the O line is giving him no time in the pocket thus a lot of his throws are rushed/forced. Every D coordinator in the NFL sees the O line weakness and with little to no consistency in the run game they are bringing pressure more often than not. Jason Peters is playing at maybe 50% but age and injuries may have finally taken their toll on his almost certain Hall of Fame career. If we could have gotten Sproles back it would have helped and a few more weeks with Golden in the mix could make some difference so hopefully, the season is not a lost cause by then. On the upside we still have the Skins 2x this year so there's at least some hope.

The way the secondary has been playing (or should I say not) this week against Brees makes taking the over as close to a guaranteed win as you may ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    The way the secondary has been playing (or should I say not) this week against Brees makes taking the over as close to a guaranteed win as you may ever get.
    After putting up 45 and 50...I'm thinking they'll keep that trend going by putting up 65 against the Birds secondary...unless the trap catches them taking the week off.

le'veon bell done for year and done as a steeler

james connor is the real meal deal. bell fucked up. it will be interesting to see where he ends up

mike tomlin getting let go is probably off the table

When you factor in the $14M Bell passed on, I have a hard time believing this will prove to be a smart financial decision on his part.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yeah, i don't get what he is/was thinking

sequon barkley has shown how much a running back makes a difference on a bad team

Eh I don't know. The Steelers were going to ride his ass like a 5 dollar whore with over 400 touches. If he got hurt it would've cost him much more than 15 mill, if not his career given his position.

The James Connor thing though must hurt though, he definitely wasn't planning on that.
    Live Free or Die

true, but that could happen anyway regardless of how many touches he would have had

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Eh I don't know. The Steelers were going to ride his ass like a 5 dollar whore with over 400 touches. If he got hurt it would've cost him much more than 15 mill, if not his career given his position.

The James Connor thing though must hurt though, he definitely wasn't planning on that.
    It's not just avoiding the $14M, it's that he also turned down a contract with (reportedly) $33M in guarantees. I just don't think he's going to see more than those numbers.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

i agree

The Redskins just signed Mark Sanchez to back up Colt McCoy. I think that pretty much guarantees Kaepernick wins his lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ...I suffered through Sunday night in person...
    On the bright side: you can pick up birds tix this weekend for a lowly $75.00...but I'm holding out to see if they lose to the Giants...could go down to $11.99!!!!

Fun game last night. Tonight's should be a good game also.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181118_185630.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	256235

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

On the bright side: you can pick up birds tix this weekend for a lowly $75.00...but I'm holding out to see if they lose to the Giants...could go down to $11.99!!!!
    I am a season tik holder but luckily sell all the games I don't go to at face to the same guy...that often has a downside but times like these it works out in my favor, thankfully and unfortunately.

e-a-g-l.......ehhhhhh its over guys....its over. besides the most injuries ive ever seen for a team - they are also playing totally out of sinc. id be up for firing the o.c. as a start.

Philly O moved to Indy.

With all the pre-game fanfare, no way the NFL lets KC win this game.

This game is outstanding.

Mahomes has hall-of-fame potential if he keeps this up and stays healthy. One of the most natural passers I've seen in years. Then again many said the same for Andy Dalton.