Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Broncos?
    Yep!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I didn’t watch the game but nice to see Andrew Luck back. Still the best all around qb I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I didn’t watch the game but nice to see Andrew Luck back. Still the best all around qb I’ve seen.
    Uh in person? That’s a weird statement otherwise in the Brady / Rodgers era.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Luck has thrown at least three TD passes in eight consecutive games, tying Peyton Manning for the second-longest streak in NFL history. Only Tom Brady's 10-game streak was longer.

“All around”. Dude can run the ball like Jerome Bettis and make crappy teams go 12-4.

Whut?

“All around”. Dude can run the ball like Jerome Bettis and make crappy teams go 12-4.
    come on man

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ing_career.htm

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck...31/careerstats

Whatever, my opinion. 33-15 his first three seasons then the injury. I watched him at Stanford and follow him with the colts.

Belichick:

Well, Luck is hard to bring down. He runs very well, he's athletic, [and] he can get outside and make yards with his legs. They also use him on some keep-type plays — the one he scored on for example in the Denver game last week. And he's strong; he's strong in the pocket. He's got good lower-body strength. He's got strong legs. He's hard to wrap up.

A lot of times, he's got guys draped all over him and he can throw the ball. He's strong, he's fast, [and] he's athletic. He does a good job of throwing on the run. He's got good vision down the field. So, he can be a sixth receiver in the passing game. [He's a] really dangerous guy, tough guy to handle, great quarterback."

2015:

Luck has 13 rushes of 10 yards or more this year, which is more than any Colts running back. He actually has a faster 40-yard-dash time than Johnny Manziel, so he can outrun guys if he needs to.

Luck throws too many picks.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers are all active QB's, and are "better" then Luck, and I literally hate Brady. Don't be that guy. As an aside, great games today!

sweet jesus that was a rough game for the Packers. McCarthy needs to go, need a better and more modern play caller. Need to evaluate the training staff as well, thats a lot of injuries. In all practical sense the season is over....

Oh for fuck’s sake sake, the Pack are beat up. Their best defensive player is named Fackrell. That’s not on McCarthy, and I don’t like him.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The comment was made on telecast and is true regarding McCarthy— all the years with Rodgers and the organization only has one SB ring to show for it.

Great game for the Vikes. And always glad to see arrogant, pouty, douchebag Aaron Rodgers get his ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    In all practical sense the season is over....
    hey its not mathematically over yet. Doesnt "5 game Bears losing streak" sound like a phrase thats entirely normal to hear??

Ahh, love seeing the Packers lose.

Rodgers ate up all the money with his contract. Nothing left to pay players. McCarthy should be coach for life.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    The comment was made on telecast and is true regarding McCarthy— all the years with Rodgers and the organization only has one SB ring to show for it.
    And a couple with Favre (and as QB coach).
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

McCarthy is a bobo

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Luck throws too many picks.
    He's not even the best QB in his draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    He's not even the best QB in his draft class.
    Oh come on. Luck is twice the QB that Wilson or Cousins will ever be (when healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Oh come on. Luck is twice the QB that Wilson or Cousins will ever be (when healthy).
    Cousins is a good QB, but he's third on that list.

I believe Wilson is better. He beats Luck in nearly every passing stat, both in gross totals and efficiency measures, he's a far more explosive runner, and the Super Bowl ring helps. I'd be happy with either of them, but as a Bills fan, I'm stuck with the Wyoming guy.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Oh for fuck’s sake sake, the Pack are beat up. Their best defensive player is named Fackrell. That’s not on McCarthy, and I don’t like him.
    Oh i get it.... I was telling a buddy last night this team needs to be 100% healthy to have a legit chance. The talent is not great and is a product of bad drafting over the last couple of years.

We got by on good drafting, amazing QB play. When the drafts started to go to shit the talent suffered.... Our big free agent signings have been basically a bust ( Graham, Bennett) and i believe our 2 starting OLB (Matthews, Perry) are top 10 paid at their position and have 2.5 and 1.5 sacks each.

I think we have a lot of good young players (Clark, Jones, MVS, EQ, all the corners) and i think they will get lots of reps as this year goes on but we need a talent infusion in the worst way. I just think a new coach ( or at minimum) O play caller will help challenge Rogers and get him going again. The O looks the same it has for years, very little creativity and that is where the NFL is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    hey its not mathematically over yet. Doesnt "5 game Bears losing streak" sound like a phrase thats entirely normal to hear??
    HAHA i would love for that.... Damn Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Oh i get it.... I was telling a buddy last night this team needs to be 100% healthy to have a legit chance. The talent is not great and is a product of bad drafting over the last couple of years.

We got by on good drafting, amazing QB play. When the drafts started to go to shit the talent suffered.... Our big free agent signings have been basically a bust ( Graham, Bennett) and i believe our 2 starting OLB (Matthews, Perry) are top 10 paid at their position and have 2.5 and 1.5 sacks each.

I think we have a lot of good young players (Clark, Jones, MVS, EQ, all the corners) and i think they will get lots of reps as this year goes on but we need a talent infusion in the worst way. I just think a new coach ( or at minimum) O play caller will help challenge Rogers and get him going again. The O looks the same it has for years, very little creativity and that is where the NFL is going.
    Every team deals with injury every season. To me, the Packers have been underperforming every year since the Super Bowl year. They always have issues finishing seasons, finishing big games, etc. That's a coaching problem IMO.

I also agree on McCarthy not being the elite offensive mind he used to be. Last night on the 4th and inches when he just put in the heavy package to go up against the strength of the Vikes D had me so livid. Such a boring call at such an important moment. He also seems to abandon the run entirely at the first sign of struggle.

Lots of complaining about receivers not getting open, but the Pack is one of the easiest teams to game plan against right now. Put a bunch of people in coverage and forget about the run.

Even if McCarthy is still a good coach, sometimes teams just need fresh blood in there. Rodgers has probably 3 years left of being elite if he can get healthy again, and I'd hate to see it squandered.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I also agree on McCarthy not being the elite offensive mind he used to be
    He never was! Before he got the job in Green Bay, he was San Francisco's offensive coordinator. He was decent but also had serious problems protecting his QB (sound familiar?). Damn near got Alex Smith killed. When they hired him away we all shrugged, like, really?