Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    If you’re being fair, the defense definitely won him one....or Bevell did. I guess that’s why it’s a team game...and discussions of “best” are nonsense.🤷♂️

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Yes, good point. Yeah, I would say there’s a handful of “best” QBs but honestly, without more rings, I don’t think Rodgers is in the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Man the Cowboys kinda suck. After this next stretch they're gonna be maybe 4-9? Something like that I bet.
    That might be enough to win the NFC East.

And wtf is it with Suzie Kolber? Sounds like she drinks a jug of HCL acid before each MNF game.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That might be enough to win the NFC East.
    Easy now, the Birds will make it to at least 9-7! A couple of tough games left (Saints and Rams away, Texans home) but the rest are vs the ncf'least.

Speaking of Brees, wow. What a throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

And wtf is it with Suzie Kolber? Sounds like she drinks a jug of HCL acid before each MNF game.
    I have zero idea what this means. Does HCL get you jacked up?
    I really tune out most announcers nowadays, so haven't paid attention. White noise.

If you’re being fair, the defense definitely won him one....or Bevell did. I guess that’s why it’s a team game...and discussions of “best” are nonsense.🤷♂️

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Butler?

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Butler?

No doubt Butler made the play, but maybe you've heard of this guy:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bevell.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	254381

Who didn't use this guy on that play:
    Name:  Marshawn.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  7.8 KB

I'd also note: he did not make that play against the E-A-G-L-E-S!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I love how everyone tries to knock Butler down a peg or two after he makes basically the most perfect play a CB could, to win the damn Super Bowl after basically walking on the team.

Identifies the play ahead of time, jumps the route, then holds off a WR thats about a foot taller than him, again, where every single person on earth thought the Pats were toast.

Marshawn might have gotten it in, might not have, the Pats have never been terrible in the red zone, but Butler still fucking nailed that play no matter how you slice it.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I love how everyone tries to knock Butler down a peg or two after he makes basically the most perfect play a CB could, to win the damn Super Bowl after basically walking on the team.

Identifies the play ahead of time, jumps the route, then holds off a WR thats about a foot taller than him, again, where every single person on earth thought the Pats were toast.

Marshawn might have gotten it in, might not have, the Pats have never been terrible in the red zone, but Butler still fucking nailed that play no matter how you slice it.
    I wasn't knocking him down at all. If you choose to read it that way: fine. In fact, I thought I gave him some props by saying that the birds likely wouldn't have hung 41 on the Pats if he'd been in the game.

Dez Bryant signing with the Saints?!? Line him up on the other side from Thomas and you've got a pretty serious matchup problem for any secondary.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I don't think Dez is that serious of a matchup problem any more

I wasn't knocking him down at all. If you choose to read it that way: fine. In fact, I thought I gave him some props by saying that the birds likely wouldn't have hung 41 on the Pats if he'd been in the game.
    Yes, I got that, but you've got to give 99% of that win to Butler. Granted, stupidest play call in NFL history, but without Butler's superhuman instincts and ability, we would have lost.

Belichick cut his nose off against the Eagles, tho. Not playing Butler was pretty stupid. It was the downside of just BB's character, but so many upsides out weigh that. (Not to mention, you won some pretty good beer.)

if it was such an obvious call to run Lynch, then doing the incredibly not-obvious could be a sneaky good play. Honestly, I think Bevell gets way too much shit for that call. And I think all that shit detracts from the play Butler made. That play is probably the greatest defensive play in SB history.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Full disclosure... I was sitting in an armchair when I wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    if it was such an obvious call to run Lynch, then doing the incredibly not-obvious could be a sneaky good play. Honestly, I think Bevell gets way too much shit for that call. And I think all that shit detracts from the play Butler made. That play is probably the greatest defensive play in SB history.
    I agree. If the Seahawks ran the ball there and didn't get in, they would have been forced to call their last timeout. Then they would have been forced to pass on the next play (or have time expire after 3rd down). Calling a pass gave them flexibility and unpredictability. And they have a good quarterback.

Amazing play by Butler. And he was great the year after. It's been down hill since. Looked like he'd gained weight last year. Still should have played in the SB.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

Belichick cut his nose off against the Eagles, tho. Not playing Butler was pretty stupid. It was the downside of just BB's character, but so many upsides out weigh that. (Not to mention, you won some pretty good beer.)
    He was definitely my second favorite coach for about two weeks....then I went back to hating him and his cheating team!

PS: I’ll try and bring some local goods next time I make it up that way!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    I find this interesting. Basically says Bellicheck purposely lost the last SB against the Eagles Not sure I believe it, but some compelling points are made.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWZIGS10TU
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    I find this interesting. Basically says Bellicheck purposely lost the last SB against the Eagles Not sure I believe it, but some compelling points are made.
    I think this is appropriate:

one of the best 30 seconds ever
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

good lord that was horseshit

I lasted about 20 seconds.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Yeah maybe, but why did Butler get benched, why was coach not coaching and why did Jimmy G get traded for so little? I am with you and couldnt imagine Belicheck sabotaging a SB win, but I also think these dudes and their egos know no bounds.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Yeah maybe, but why did Butler get benched, why was coach not coaching and why did Jimmy G get traded for so little? I am with you and couldnt imagine Belicheck sabotaging a SB win, but I also think these dudes and their egos know no bounds.
    Who knows about Butler. He had been ill, and also had been practicing poorly by his own admission. Bill is certainly not above sending a message to players for one reason or another, but it's not evidence of sabotage. Jimmy G was set to be a FA, so they would have had to franchise tag him and pay him exorbitant amounts to be a backup, which you can't do in this salary capped league. So they got what they could, and a second rounder for a guy who is going to be a FA in 8 games is pretty damn good. It's not "why did they trade him", it's actually "why did they wait so long to trade him?" I don't necessarily disagree that BB wanted to trade Brady and keep Jimmy, that wouldn't surprise me, but I don't see evidence of sabotage in his being traded. As for why was coach not coaching, that is the most ludicrous of all. He never shows that at all. If Brady wasn't supposed to be looking at plays alone, it would have been McDaniels who would have been with him, not BB.

It's not "why did they trade him", it's actually "why did they wait so long to trade him?"
    This is spot on. I don't believe that Kraft told Belichick what to do. Was he part of the converstion? Sure. But Bill is the boss. What I think happened is that they held on to Jimmy G as long as they could in case they decided Brady was on the verge of losing it. Getting a 2nd round pick instead of a first was deemed to be worth the extra time to evaluate the situation.

As for Butler, the idea that Belichick cared deeply about punishing the guy is ludicrous. Bill loves football and football players. His concerns are A) winning; and B) giving first crack to guys who earned the right to play. He has benched prominent players in the past for being late (Revis) or unprofessional (Chandler Jones), but never for a whole game. I take the guy at his word when he says he played the guys he thought would give the team the best chance to win. I also think he was wrong. Belichick thought Jordan Richards was smart enough to make up for his poor instincts and lack of athleticism. He wasn't. Eagles won.

Steelers are dominating the panthers tonight.