Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm in the camp that Rich was just a fucking asshole who planned and stole a $30 million plane to go for a joyride as evidenced by his cocky attitude with ATC. The vast majority of people with mental issues don't decide to do this, so trying to turn this into a mental health issue is like looking for the boogeyman.

Perhaps planes should have keys like my Toyota?
    Yea. Imagine all those flight delays because some Tom Skerrit lookalike lost his plane keys at the bar the night prior showing them to some bar fly for stinky pinky.

Sorry folks...ah..we have a bit of delay here...ahh...should be off the ground in just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I mentioned how this will impact safety issues from now on, increased costs for the airlines, passed down to fliers.
    Exactly.

Remote starters in the control tower?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Remote starters in the control tower?
    Be nice on a cold day.

kind of interesting to me at least that the two F-15's were from the Massachusetts Air National Guard

Especially if you get the early bird special on a cold day before the APU has a chance to warm the plane up.

Massholes are everywhere.

Dude realized he was about to turn 30 and his entire life was a dead end job slinging bags on the tarmack for minimum wage. A living wage with decent healthcare benefits for all who put in the effort required to do said job and this guy's still alive and Horizon still has their 30 million dollar plane..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Da fuck you talkin bout Willis

On trend: Guy dies after crashing Cessna 525 citation jet into his own home over apparent domestic dispute.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46375241&ni...ome-police-say

Hijacked Plane in Seattle

If they parked planes on treadmills, this would have never happened

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    If they parked planes on treadmills, this would have never happened
    /end of thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Is it me or do the Dash's, ATR's, etc. look like the wings are just too skinny to fly?
    Not so much the real dash 8's, but those Q400 things, yes. And for good reason. Don't sit in the 8th row (or 7th or 9th).

This is what I was thinking yesterday. I was listening to a golf buddy, yudge tRump fan, going on on how awesome sky king dude was, on how impressive of a way he went out...it was like he looked up to him. I mentioned how this will impact safety issues from now on, increased costs for the airlines, passed down to fliers. He was quick to dismiss my thoughts.
    Tell your golf buddy, from me, that he's a fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Not so much the real dash 8's, but those Q400 things, yes. And for good reason. Don't sit in the 8th row (or 7th or 9th).
    Say again?... what are we talking about here? Bad harmonics - visible flutter - load distortion?
    ​I am not in your hurry

I was listening to a golf buddy, yudge tRump fan, going on on how awesome sky king dude was, on how impressive of a way he went out...it was like he looked up to him. I mentioned how this will impact safety issues from now on, increased costs for the airlines, passed down to fliers. He was quick to dismiss my thoughts.
    dismissing thoughts is a common trump voter attribute

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Dude realized he was about to turn 30 and his entire life was a dead end job slinging bags on the tarmack for minimum wage. A living wage with decent healthcare benefits for all who put in the effort required to do said job and this guy's still alive and Horizon still has their 30 million dollar plane..
    well you are the cat's pajamas - how is that view from your high horse?

I'm in the camp that Rich was just a fucking asshole who planned and stole a $30 million plane to go for a joyride as evidenced by his cocky attitude with ATC. The vast majority of people with mental issues don't decide to do this, so trying to turn this into a mental health issue is like looking for the boogeyman.

Perhaps planes should have keys like my Toyota?
    The key thing ain't gonna happen due to all the red tape on aircraft modifications. It'd be way cheaper to put a rent-a-cop on the job. And then that officious douche is going to pull a power trip on me every time I have to go to work.

As for old Rich... I'm of two minds on that. On the one hand, I really do feel bad for people who are in pain, and can't see any other way out. And I'm bothered by the fact that we can't get our collective shit together to help both the mentally and physically ill. Like wyeaster, I don't find much humor in this event. And there are better jokes in this thread than those stupid memes.

But on the other hand, I agree with you. Fuck that guy. Rich was a stupid self-absorbed asshole. KSEA is literally surrounded by houses, apartments, hotels, and offices. If it turned out that he wasn't able to control the thing, he would've taken a whole city block out with him (thousands of pounds of fuel). As it is, he flew over hundreds of people, risking their lives with his idiotic narcissism, while glibly rebuffing the help of a professional air traffic controller who went home that night being the last person to talk to him alive.

airport + crash site
    Name:  fuckrich.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  298.0 KB

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/utah-ma...ouse-1.4783857

It sairplane related but not sure if this should be here or in one of the various failed relationship threads ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    But on the other hand, I agree with you. Fuck that guy. Rich was a stupid self-absorbed asshole. KSEA is literally surrounded by houses, apartments, hotels, and offices. If it turned out that he wasn't able to control the thing, he would've taken a whole city block out with him (thousands of pounds of fuel). As it is, he flew over hundreds of people, risking their lives with his idiotic narcissism, while glibly rebuffing the help of a professional air traffic controller who went home that night being the last person to talk to him alive.

airport + crash site
    Name:  fuckrich.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  298.0 KB
    I thought of this too. Last summer I effectively lived just north of the airport in Tukwila just past the runways

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    /end of thread.
    You're new here, aren't you?

airport + crash site
    I'm surprised the F-15's didn't Fox-2 the plane out of the sky when it was over the water.

Fuck that guy. Rich was a stupid self-absorbed asshole. KSEA is literally surrounded by houses, apartments, hotels, and offices. If it turned out that he wasn't able to control the thing, he would've taken a whole city block out with him (thousands of pounds of fuel). As it is, he flew over hundreds of people, risking their lives with his idiotic narcissism, while glibly rebuffing the help of a professional air traffic controller who went home that night being the last person to talk to him alive.
    You assign a high value to Burienites and Tukwilians. Life is cheap in South King County.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Be nice on a cold day.

kind of interesting to me at least that the two F-15's were from the Massachusetts Air National Guard
    They have been over here all summer at least. We see them all the time flying over the farm. A week ago we were driving right by the airport here in Eugene when they did a couple touch and go’s and I noticed the MA on the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    You assign a high value to Burienites and Tukwilians. Life is cheap in South King County.
    Don't forget the ironically named White Center!

He actually took off from 16C southbound, so if he crashed it right beyond the end of the runway he would've ended up in Des Moines Creek Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Say again?... what are we talking about here? Bad harmonics - visible flutter - load distortion?
    Nothing to bring down the plane. Let's call this a rumor: a Q400 prop failure must be survivable for the aircraft. Even if the blade comes off at the right time to punch through the nearest window. The passenger in the adjacent seat needs good earbuds and a better mantra. (Maybe Praxis RX?)

Yeah, it's the classic neighbors said "quiet, polite, seemed ok, kept his yard neat" ..."we were all really surprised that he had human heads in his freezer" situation.

So I've heard that we was on the towing crew. Is that what your nephew was doing?
    That and baggage load/unload and other go-for jobs they make summer help do.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^^ so if Rich was a tow guy, that explains a lot.

For those who don't know, the tow "crew" or "team" is two person operation: one to drive the tug, and one to sit in the captain's seat ready to hit the brakes if the aircraft comes off the tow bar. Usually both are trained to operate some of the aircraft's systems (foot brakes, parking brake, starting and shutting down the auxiliary power unit, exterior lights, radios, etc)

Basically, as part of his job, he had hours alone in the cockpit to study the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Nothing to bring down the plane. Let's call this a rumor: a Q400 prop failure must be survivable for the aircraft. Even if the blade comes off at the right time to punch through the nearest window. The passenger in the adjacent seat needs good earbuds and a better mantra. (Maybe Praxis RX?)
    Hmm, you made me drill a little... also known for landing gear failures (48 in 1yr/2007 and after the fix, spiking in 2014) and really not a plane you want to ditch in water either

do they red come in red?
    ​I am not in your hurry