Page 56 of 121 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3008
    I'll badmouth the Rx. Hated that shit. No knock on Keith, dude is a top notch craftsman. Just disagreed with that design.

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Ha! Alright, alright, I may have gone too far with the “#1 rule” bit, but it was meant to be very tongue in cheek. I do however stand by the rest of my response.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I like the 189 RX, just was too short, really wish it came in a 194.

I should add it my skiing has evolved since I last tried the 189 RX, and where I used to rely on ski length for stability, WSTDeep beat that out of me, so I may feel different about the RX if/when I get to ski it again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by skibrd; 06-19-2020 at 11:58 PM.

I feel guilty NOT buying a ski this season from Keith....weird relationship we all have with Praxis

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post
    I feel guilty NOT buying a ski this season from Keith....weird relationship we all have with Praxis
    Same here ... wanting to support him, but currently owning a near perfect quiver. If I were to get obsessive to the last little nit, I'd replace my touring GPOs (MAP/Carbon/Nylon) with a UL/veneer pair.

Maybe next year ...

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Well, I have loved the Rx and either age or conditions lead me to buy a skinny Rx, which was my every day ski through winter, until spring. Predictable, quick, and easy to ski. I have an SND and pair of Down skis for spring. I used my stimulus $$$ to buy a pair of BC skis for next year. But there should be no guilt in taking a year off, given the love and support shown here.

I tend to mount Praxis skis -2 to -3 and it's not just because I'm flailing around on telemark bindings. I've mounted nearly every other brand I've used (ON3P, Down, Voile) on the recommended line. I just think Keith & co. prefer a more forward mount than I do.

Any word on whether or not the factory is open and production is happening? Any new builds shipping?

I ordered a pair on day one of the pre-season sale. I won't even start thinking about being concerned for another four months.

Not concerned, simply curious if things are getting back to normal for the folks at Praxis.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Not concerned, simply curious if things are getting back to normal for the folks at Praxis.
    If memory serves correct last time I ordered a pair during the spring sale they arrived in mid August.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    If memory serves correct last time I ordered a pair during the spring sale they arrived in mid August.
    I seem to recall the trickle beginning sometime before Labor Day as well. Keith would batch the orders by model, so (for example) a GPO ordered in April might not arrive until October and the folks who ordered MVPs in April and May might both receive theirs in September.

Of course, these are not normal times, but you knew that.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 06-23-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

These are absolutely NOT normal times and if anyone has the means to do so, this is definitely THE time to support one of the absolute best craftsmen in the industry and get yourself the best semi custom skis for the best prices hands down anywhere. Custom sale ends this month, get some!!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    I talked to Keith in early April when I was putting my order in (GPO 192, modern graffiti + maple veneer since you didn't ask), he told me that he had rushed to buy all the materials he needed for the upcoming season early, fearing that everything was going to close down, so should be good for the preorders. He said that he's expecting to be shipping skis between the end of July and the end of September.

Ordered a pair of FRS in the custom sale today (7/1) - maybe there's still time to get in another order?

Went stock flex (4), stock topsheet, stock layup, stock base, stock stock stock. Can't beat a new pair of sticks for $499!
    sproing!

I am at the point where the quiver is so dialed, that I'm trying to justify 300$ on kids skis

Buy them a size or two longer than the kids need right now, throw some storage wax on 'em (the skis, not the kids), and stick them in a closet until they grow into them. You have birthday/Christmas gifts dialed years in advance, and you help Keith out now.

That's what I call getting two birds stoned at once. That is the saying, right?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Buy them a size or two longer than the kids need right now, throw some storage wax on 'em (the skis, not the kids), and stick them in a closet until they grow into them. You have birthday/Christmas gifts dialed years in advance, and you help Keith out now.

That's what I call getting two birds stoned at once. That is the saying, right?
    Either that or it’s getting stoned with two birds at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Either that or it’s getting stoned with two birds at the same time.

Name:  birds doobs.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  72.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Ordered a pair of FRS in the custom sale today (7/1) - maybe there's still time to get in another order?

Went stock flex (4), stock topsheet, stock layup, stock base, stock stock stock. Can't beat a new pair of sticks for $499!
    Nice! Bet that set up will be money, don’t be shy with us about them.

Anyone want a single 13/14 187 MVP (carbon, flex 4) for free/shipping? I broke the tip of the other one, and want to get rid of it, and figured this would be the only likely source of takers... Holler.

I also have a single 191 Lhasa but I really doubt anyone wants that...
    sproing!

Just ski em both together!! They're not that different...

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Just ski em both together!! They're not that different...
    lolol
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anyone want a single 13/14 187 MVP (carbon, flex 4) for free/shipping? I broke the tip of the other one, and want to get rid of it, and figured this would be the only likely source of takers... Holler.

I also have a single 191 Lhasa but I really doubt anyone wants that...
    Adaptive ski schools always have use for single skis as well. May be a deductible donation, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Adaptive ski schools always have use for single skis as well. May be a deductible donation, not sure.
    Oh sweet, thanks. The Lhasa would be a great sit-ski. Maybe the MVP too, but I'm skeptical as I did not like that ski. (Why did I buy an FRS again? Ha.)
    sproing!