Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The 182 should be just fine. Esp if you liked the 184 over the new 187 as the 187 is a more demanding ski than the 184bg. God that new 187 is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What do you mean “new 187”? Has the GPO been updated?

Have not been checking in on any ski industry updates the past couple years ever since I ~finalized~ my 6-ski quiver which I have no intentions of updating any time soon haha

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    What do you mean “new 187”? Has the GPO been updated?

Have not been checking in on any ski industry updates the past couple years ever since I ~finalized~ my 6-ski quiver which I have no intentions of updating any time soon haha
    He was referencing the new 187 Billygoat. That is what I was talking about as well in regards to comparing that Ski with the GPO and how they ski length wise.

Thanks for the input guys! I'll give them a go and see how they ski. Now if I can only find a pair of 184BG...

Skis in question:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2201.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	299.4 KB 
ID:	443071
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! I'll give them a go and see how they ski. Now if I can only find a pair of 184BG...

Skis in question:

184's

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ski/calgary/...ats/1646859691

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks for the heads up. 750 a little steep though.

Thanks for the heads up. 750 a little steep though.
    Ya 555usd currently and shipping factoring in 20-30 extra for canadian shipping it'd be over 600

Skis in question:

I have a pair of 182 GPO mounted with demo bindings if you want to try mount points or the length before you commit. Up at Stevens occasionally.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Thanks for the offer, I'mma give my 182 a go at Steven's the next few days to see if I get along.

Well, I got a day on them on Friday at Stevens. It was a firm day with no new snow. Ideally I should have been on a 108 midfat, but wanted to try out them out.

The 182 GPO's ski as advertised; like the baby brother to the Asym BG116. Better on the firm, very VERY nimble in the trees, edge holds better on the steeps/icy terrain. Doesn't charge or bust through crud as well though.

I'm eager to try them out in the resort pow. I'm curious about the float.

Praxis sale email got me thinking, I clicked on it and just learned about the Jedi Mind Stick, which looks really interesting. Thank you to the poster a couple pages ago that offered their thoughts in the short review.

I am headed out west this spring and don't really have anything occupying a pow ski slot (not that I'll need it, obviously). Would anyone be interested in a backcountry180 veneer (two mounts IIRC) as a trade for something fatter and a bit looser? I was a huge fan of the mvp and mtn jib (not so much the gpoUL) and currently DD a mvp94 which is super playful and perfect inbounds on the tiny hills but the backcountry just never clicked with me like the others. Never tried a protest or rx.

I'll give it another shot this week to see if it was just me and and definitely keep the Jedi reviews coming if you've been on it. Looks sweet.

Maybe I'll just take the 94 out and deal... I love those skis.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

blog time! my minty bc’s are a bit less minty now. i drilled them to be +.5 instead of -1 (now 2.5 mounts).

i had taken them out friday in day old foot deep snow to see if i wanted to ski them in interior bc (rogers and revy). like i had said, i had just never felt confident on them. part of it was probably the shop leaving me with a big heel gap on g3 zeds when there is supposed to be none (two pow days ruined with prereleases before i figured out how to get it dialed in, should have read the jong thread another time, fuck).

the other issue might be the classic older praxis razor tune. even though they’re old, these skis had never kissed a rock and still have all the base structure and are fucking sharp.

i found some garbage truly horrible ice coast man made on a steep slope and if i was to put my skis sideways parallel to the slope to slip, they would banana back uphill so i took a file to the tips, does anyone think it would be helpful to detune the tails as well?

i am taking them out again to tour on monday and if they aren’t dialed for my trip i guess my hand will be forced to see what dr keith recommends. on friday i felt like untracked was great skiing, groomed was great, but icy or chopped i just didn’t have any confidence, like i was going to crash and my weight was always in the wrong place. it’s just not something i ever feel like on the DD but it could be me, who knows.

but keith completely nailed those 94’s and i totally trust him with the recs for new skis because every time i’ve bought on his rec it’s been amazing, but if these can work that would be the best for me unless the bc simply isn’t wide enough for the forecast. which would be a shame.

Yes detune tails heavily on a BC. They suck on frozen crust until the camber contact points and a little bit inside the widest point are well softened. And while you are at that might as well round off the edge on the reverse sidecut portion of tip and tail, I see no point to keeping those sections sharp - loosening them will help speed up pivot turns in 3D snow, especially if windtextured or warmed on top.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

thanks, schralph! let me get the file back and out and see how they do tomorrow.

X2 what Shraplh posted. Having sharp edges on the rockerz defeats their purpose round them off and feather into the contact points. I hope it makes as big of an improvement as i think it will for you. I liked my bc's. They wohldve been better with ions

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Praxis sale email got me thinking, I clicked on it and just learned about the Jedi Mind Stick, which looks really interesting. Thank you to the poster a couple pages ago that offered their thoughts in the short review.

I am headed out west this spring and don't really have anything occupying a pow ski slot (not that I'll need it, obviously). Would anyone be interested in a backcountry180 veneer (two mounts IIRC) as a trade for something fatter and a bit looser? I was a huge fan of the mvp and mtn jib (not so much the gpoUL) and currently DD a mvp94 which is super playful and perfect inbounds on the tiny hills but the backcountry just never clicked with me like the others. Never tried a protest or rx.

I'll give it another shot this week to see if it was just me and and definitely keep the Jedi reviews coming if you've been on it. Looks sweet.

Maybe I'll just take the 94 out and deal... I love those skis.
    Just saw this. I’ve got a bunch of powder skis that resemble that description that I would be happy to lend you for a trip. They’re mounted 295 bsl for din soles, some MNC and one pair with shifts for tech soles but that’s probably a sketchy idea to lend out.

every time i take out the bc’s i’ve been hitting the contact points with a file for a couple of passes and they just get better and better. i think keith has the factory tune dialed in now but with these older skis that can razor sharp don’t be afraid to give them as many passes as they need (it’s counterintuitive but works). anyway they are not on the block anymore, i took them out for pure shitfuck rain crust and they did admirably.

Nice!

Gear swap

Just cross posting for visibility.

Have a few pairs of praxis for sale in gear swap.

Skinny Q amongst others.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...N3P-Stance-102

I’ve decided that today these are the best skis ever.

192cm GPO, 4-flex, heavy hitter core with carbon, pressed in 2021. Maritime loveboats.

Quote Originally Posted by travel_to_ski View Post
    Just cross posting for visibility.

Have a few pairs of praxis for sale in gear swap.

Skinny Q amongst others.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...N3P-Stance-102
    Great skis here. If the skinny Q was longer I'd be all over that

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post

192cm GPO, 4-flex, heavy hitter core with carbon, pressed in 2021. Maritime loveboats.
    I spent 2 amazing days last week on my 187 GPOs in Snowmass and have a newly recharged lust for them. Absolutely crushed everything. I'd love to try the heavy hitter build.

Nice!

What do those beasts weight in at?

Aggressive in my own mind

Have this same core build on my MVP’s, and heavy/carbon/veneer is THE shit!! I’ve been skiing some skis from other brands and it’s only affirmed my love for the Praxis feel.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

My 175 Sluggers have the same heavy hitter fire with carbon and I also love it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forum
    Aggressive in my own mind

Any chance anybody here has been on a Skinny Q and an MVP 108? Curious how they compare