Page 28 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

I’m pretty sold on the Kusala but if we were to adjust the tail I’d like to see something similar to the Lithic Skunkworks 122 tail but I have no idea how that would match up with Splat’s rocker profile or sidecut. Definitely agree with the stiffer flex all throughout the ski.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    If we're gonna do a knockoff, we should get splat's blessing first, or ask him to run the show.
    ^^^THIS^^^ for sure!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

So I have a kusala and also a 186 Lhasa fat 150/120/130 with kusala full rocker. They are an all mtn pow slasher that is not quite as loose as kusala but have other advantages on groomers and windbuff. I believe they are one offs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Wayback Machine gives:

Length (cm) 186
    Effective Edge (mm) 1380
    Tip (mm) 133
    Waist (mm) 124
    Tail (mm) 129
    Tip Height (mm) 75
    Tail Height (mm) 20
    Radius (m) 30
    Mounting Point From Tip (mm) 1000

Rocker Profile
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kusala-Pow-Profile.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	299538

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Sounds like the Lhasa pow fat (;

I’d definitely want the flat camber almost full rocker profile though. What makes a ski like this nimble

It's close enough I'm sure I'd be happy with it. In fact I'm rather disappointed i didn't indebt myself and get in when Keith and Pat did the small run but it wasn't quite time and I'd rather see a few changes. The addition of tail rocker was unnecessary IMO and it could have been longer and even more pintailed. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Basically Praxis is no longer doing custom skis/ski sale and liquidating their current inventory. Future is uncertain for the company but I think the experimental ski concept being introduced is a good sign.
    Interesting word choice in Keith’s latest email (my emphasis):
    Quote Originally Posted by “Praxis Skis”
    ... many models are down to just one or two remaining in inventory and once sold out, they will not be available again until next year.
    I wonder if it’s a temporary cash flow issue or a broader issue of running online retail fulfillment throughout the season. Anyways, after having just bought a new (to me) MTB, a bunch of kid ski and bike gear, and my wife wanting a waxless ski setup ... new BC’s (or Yetis plus Wootests if stop spending so much on booze hookers and blow) are gonna have to wait until next year for me.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    It's close enough I'm sure I'd be happy with it. In fact I'm rather disappointed i didn't indebt myself and get in when Keith and Pat did the small run but it wasn't quite time and I'd rather see a few changes. The addition of tail rocker was unnecessary IMO and it could have been longer and even more pintailed. YMMV.
    After owning both and skiing both a ton, the tail rocker made that ski a much better ride. IMO. Gets loose easier and gives up zero carving ability that it had before.

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    I’m pretty sold on the Kusala but if we were to adjust the tail I’d like to see something similar to the Lithic Skunkworks 122 tail but I have no idea how that would match up with Splat’s rocker profile or sidecut. Definitely agree with the stiffer flex all throughout the ski.
    Sold on Kusala as well. No pintail and stiff, just as Splat designed.

If anyone else is interested in 200cm Powboards, Id throw down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Sold on Kusala as well. No pintail and stiff, just as Splat designed.
    Would a 186 Kusala float as well or about as well as my 185 Powboards? 188 Ku would be money IMO, no changes otherwise, I haven’t heard a complaint about that ski from the Ren crowd. I could only justify getting on the Ku order if I sold off both my 196 Rens and 185 PBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Would a 186 Kusala float as well or about as well as my 185 Powboards? 188 Ku would be money IMO, no changes otherwise, I haven’t heard a complaint about that ski from the Ren crowd. I could only justify getting on the Ku order if I sold off both my 196 Rens and 185 PBs.
    My kusala floats as good as my 192 Protest. Just different feel. Both are quick and I think Protest feels like more running length which is nice for stability but kusala is quicker and shorter effective edge.

Don’t monkey with the designs on either of these since they are so dialed.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

What’s this experimental ski Praxis teased on IG?

based on the numbers that keep getting flashed all i can deduce is 184 length, 94 underfoot and 19m radius.

I could be off the mark but I'll be damned if i can come up with another explanation for 184.94.19

based on the numbers that keep getting flashed all i can deduce is 184 length, 94 underfoot and 19m radius.

I could be off the mark but I'll be damned if i can come up with another explanation for 184.94.19
    Yeah 19 sure ain't the tail width.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Replace Rens, keep PB
    You're wecome

I saw this and forgot to screen grab it then. Explains a lot, wish I could afford another pair this year.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 6.18.20 PM.png
Views: 468
Size:  106.1 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Man i hope he sells a bunch. Such a solid dude. Sent a friend there a couple weeks ago. Keith was great and went above and beyond. Was pressing up BC's so he said hed make a stiffer pair for my buddy for the sale price. I think "pow to the people" was very impressed. I kept looking at the site for myself but i just cant right now. Soon though. Great prices atm . Now is the time to support our fave skis and fave builder. First cheque for me soon

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Man i hope he sells a bunch. Such a solid dude. Sent a friend there a couple weeks ago. Keith was great and went above and beyond. Was pressing up BC's so he said hed make a stiffer pair for my buddy for the sale price. I think "pow to the people" was very impressed. I kept looking at the site for myself but i just cant right now. Soon though. Great prices atm . Now is the time to support our fave skis and fave builder. First cheque for me soon

^^^ this ^^^

The writing was on the wall with the increasing frequencies of sales over the past 18 months.

Hopefully Keith pulls through ... first, 'coz he's a great guy with a vision, and secondly 'coz I like his stuff.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

The writing was on the wall with the increasing frequencies of sales over the past 18 months.

Hopefully Keith pulls through ... first, 'coz he's a great guy with a vision, and secondly 'coz I like his stuff.

... Thom
    Im hoping he does something for black friday. I should be out of the weeds by then. Id like to replace my piste jibs with another pair

Interested in this. Looking for a dd and would love to support this company.

Just went to the site. Had some free rides and original powder boards many moons ago. Liked the skis. Skis listed at $850 on the site. Wtf am I missing?

I just checked too. I think we just missed it. Bummer. Am shopping for something a little skinnier in my line up a small step down from my GPOs

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    Just went to the site. Had some free rides and original powder boards many moons ago. Liked the skis. Skis listed at $850 on the site. Wtf am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 'n Steady View Post
    I just checked too. I think we just missed it. Bummer. Am shopping for something a little skinnier in my line up a small step down from my GPOs
    Give him a call. He's usually very generous at extending deals and in the current situation I think he's really wanting to move remaining inventory.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    The sale. You missed the month-long sale.

Re: low sales #'s: I feel like they fouled up a bit re: sizing & production runs. The people(this one at least) want 192 & 196 protest! But alas, out of stock.

Also, to save Praxis:
    -Better stock top-sheets. Let's be honest, mouth-breathing American consumers are a superficial bunch, and while some custom options are passable, current stock options are definitely NOT pretty.
    -Upsell carbon: "Get your new carbon protest!" Everything sells better if it has carbon in the name. Because it's carbon fiberrr, brah!
    -Better exposure! Most shops in the pnw have never heard of Praxis. Get a couple small regional retailers to carry them, if nothing else then to increase name recognition. A couple pairs of wood veneer quality boards sitting next to some bland mass-market whatever, the choice would be obvious