Page 74 of 121 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3008
    Nice! Commander 108?

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Nice! Commander 108?
    Yes sir! This could be my favorite graphic of all time.

Sounds like the same role as my K2 108TIs
    Haven’t skied any of the MB series so can’t compare, but if you’re looking for something to slot in between a 108 charger and a BG, a Quixote would be a great option.

Throw a shift on it and you’d have a dialed travel ski too.

I absolutely love my Q’s for their playful and powerful versatility and I’ll be building up a second pair this spring with a heavy core + veneer + 4 flex

Quote Originally Posted by s-domini View Post
    Haven’t skied any of the MB series so can’t compare, but if you’re looking for something to slot in between a 108 charger and a BG, a Quixote would be a great option.

Throw a shift on it and you’d have a dialed travel ski too.

I absolutely love my Q’s for their playful and powerful versatility and I’ll be building up a second pair this spring with a heavy core + veneer + 4 flex
    After consulting with Kieth I have decided that the RX will fill the needs I am looking for.

The latest is after having the screwed up factory bases on my BGs restructured I now have skiable BGs. I have discovered that you can indeed ski BGs just fine anywhere on the hill, including groomers. Consequently I don't really "need" another pair. However I do have a basically new pair of bindings with 115 brakes sitting in a closet and a nice new pair of RXs would be really fun..........

After consulting with Kieth I have decided that the RX will fill the needs I am looking for...
    Somewhere, alpy is smiling.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

After consulting with Kieth I have decided that the RX will fill the needs I am looking for.

The latest is after having the screwed up factory bases on my BGs restructured I now have skiable BGs. I have discovered that you can indeed ski BGs just fine anywhere on the hill, including groomers. Consequently I don't really "need" another pair. However I do have a basically new pair of bindings with 115 brakes sitting in a closet and a nice new pair of RXs would be really fun..........
    Asking for a friend, what year are your BGs, and how did you find out that your bases were not right on them?

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Asking for a friend, what year are your BGs, and how did you find out that your bases were not right on them?
    When I skied them on hard snow they were grabby now matter how much I detuned the edges. They were essentially unskiable in anything other than a foot or more. Friend said the bases were probably not good. Put them on my bench and found them to be edge high both edges both skis. Once I had the bases restructured and the edge bevels set correctly they skied great.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yeah, even in Colorado I can get by with a GPO as a daily driver. Admittedly, I avoid groomers like the plague. I need to baby my knees and stay away from hard snow. Speaking of the plague, maybe I'll ski again sometime.

@grinch has me looking at a UL Ullr or BPS (along with a few other skis ) for meadow skipping in the BC, given our dreadful Colorado snowpack in the Winter (even in a safe year). More float = less temptation to increase the slope angle into the danger zone ;-)

The FRS has my attention as well, but it's more forward mounted. As @grinch pointed out to me, the ULLR and BPS resemble a +10 GPO with a slightly more rearward mount point (which I like). The key difference (as far as I can tell) between the two is the turn radius. 24-25m has worked for me, but there's no telling with modern ski design that this is any type of universal number as we all know.

Here's hoping there's a Spring custom sale.

... Thom

For the lower angle speedy skis in pow, I love my 177 Protests with dynafit ft12's

I'm in season 7? of 182 GPO's as my daily driver, and we are in Snowmass each year.

GPO's are Flex 3+ with carbon.

Snow conditions are great, soft and cold.

I still can rail the 116 mm GPO's on groomers, and in the past, thought to go 182 skinny gpo with heavy hitter core.

The Slugger in a 175 has my interest as a lower tide colorado ski to complement my GPO.

Anyone here ever go skinny GPO? or tried the Slugger?
    Aggressive in my own mind

Stupid question: anyone ever make a -1 powboard to recreate the spatula?

I just had the best time today on spats, but I can't justify abusing them

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Does anyone DD the FRS? I like my DD’s to sit in the low teens, wondering if the extra 5 or so mm will have me wanting to bench it when things aren’t so soft. I have more soft snow skis than I need so if it’s not strong in most conditions than I’ll probably have to cross it off the list for this yrs presale.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Skied the 9D8s in Wonderland at Breck today. The gate has been closed for a few days so it was essentially untracked maybe 8" to 2ft. The skis were fantastic in the much snow. I am continually amazed at the versatility of these skis. Particularly after changing the side edge bevel to 2*.

Skied the 9D8s in Wonderland at Breck today. The gate has been closed for a few days so it was essentially untracked maybe 8" to 2ft. The skis were fantastic in the much snow. I am continually amazed at the versatility of these skis. Particularly after changing the side edge bevel to 2*.
    interested to hear if and how you detuned yours.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    interested to hear if and how you detuned yours.
    I changed the side bevel from 1* to 2* and did normal detune with a gummy from contact point out at the tip rocker and the little bit of tail. Much better edge bite on hard snow. Other than that I have been sharpening every so often with moonstone files and a side edge tool.

These arrived today

FRS 188

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6765.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	366643

Nice touch:

Name:	IMG_6766.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	366644

Precision:

Name:	IMG_6768.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	366641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6769.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	366642

Stoked to mount them up and take them for a spin Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

^^^ very nice ^^^

bang on with those ski weights.
    Keith is a true craftsman.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Been on the Qs the last few days. I have nothing whatsoever useful to add, but they're so fucking good. ear to ear grin basically every run. Not (imo) a deep powder ski despite its width, but an absolutely brilliant ski for everything from mank to foot deep fresh.

Spent the past few days enjoying the free refills in Mammoth on the FRS 188 and I have nothing but praise for this ski. Mine is a #4 flex with enduro core (Maple/Aspen/Ash). Has a hefty tip and tail rocker and subtle camber. FRS is quite predictable and stable, and it wants to ruuuuun.
    Definitely also has a bit of a playful side. It eats up chop without much fuss and it's surprisingly comfortable in the air. Landings on drops feel extra stomp-able. It's certainly beefier and damper than my 184 Moment Bibby and though I've never ridden the filled out 190 bibby/wildcat, I'd wager it's fairly similar to this 188 FRS... but I think I'd preference the Praxis in just about any soft conditions as it's just such a damn good ski.

For a fat ski it does pretty good at railing loooong arced turns on the groomers back to the lift, as good as a 119 underfoot ski can.

Anyway, I highly recommend the FRS. I'm stoked about it. I'll be taking it to Silverton in a week or so.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Lets talk skinny touring ski again! Has anyone ever considered a -10 wootest? The 4frnt raven intrigues me but I would really like to keep supporting Keith and his fine work. I like my Yeti but I'm finding more and more that I like it as a low tide resort ski. My protests just deal with variable backcountry snow so damn well that I rarely reach for the yeti on my touring days. It would be nice to have something that follows a similar shaping philosophy but centered around fast travel when the skinning is firm (think ski crampons and variable wind press)

Disclaimer: I have no money and no intention to purchase this spring, but the wheels are turning...

Fat exp! That ski rips. The tapers keep it easy to handle in funky conditions. The regular width exp was great everywhere except when it was deep, because 88. A 98 waisted exp would be fun af.
    Possibility you end up using that inbounds too. Rips groomers and no chance of catching a tip makes for a relaxing ripper. And veneer of course

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Interesting. Had not considered but will look at those numbers carefully. 184 would be shorter than my usual but perhaps that's part of thinking outside the box.

Is the Freeride still available?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Jah, it got some slight tweaks last year but looks pretty much the same. It’s now the “FRD”, he has 194’s and 174’s in stock at the moment
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

What are the dimensions of a skinny gpo?...... and what’s the consensus on them? I’ve been on gpos as my daily driver for 7 years and love them.....but thinking 105ish waist is a better option for daily Tahoe touring. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    What are the dimensions of a skinny gpo?...... and what’s the consensus on them? I’ve been on gpos as my daily driver for 7 years and love them.....but thinking 105ish waist is a better option for daily Tahoe touring. Thanks
    Search. I wrote a separate thread. No bueno - for me, at least