Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    In for kusala

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Kusala repress would be an awesome follow-up project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I’d probably buy that...
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    In for kusala
    YES

4 x Kusala

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Huh, missed this email too.

Really, really, don’t need another pair of skis right now but can’t let my credit go to waste...

Has anyone skied THE SKI? I think the 19m radius would make this a really fun ski in the stock #4 enduro layup.

I think something in the 105-110 waist range would round out my quiver nicely. Also have wanted a pair of Freerides for awhile but don’t think the current stock build option is what I’m looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    I'm mainly having remorse because I didn't order enough customs while it was in effect. Each year I would have a build in mind and only pulled the trigger twice. Problem is there are too many (awesome) used skis floating around these parts... I've been thinking of a skinny, heavy core Q for an inbounds daily driver. Only been holding off because I haven't actually skied a Q yet. Also would like to try the MVP to fill the same spot.
    I am selling a 188 heavy core nylon top skinny Q soon. Shoot me a PM

Mmmmm Kusalas, I could get behind that. Always really wanted a pair of those
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Kusala is a grown up renegade and fixes the faults. Killer shape and so quick

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Huh, missed this email too.

Really, really, don’t need another pair of skis right now but can’t let my credit go to waste...

Has anyone skied THE SKI? I think the 19m radius would make this a really fun ski in the stock #4 enduro layup.

I think something in the 105-110 waist range would round out my quiver nicely. Also have wanted a pair of Freerides for awhile but don’t think the current stock build option is what I’m looking for.
    No, but soon. I have a pair in #4 with heavy hitter/carbon core. Just waiting on snow......

Been contemplating some stock options as a daily driver. I have some Kartel 108s in a 181 but they ski just a bit shorter than I would like. Great in trees or if I unfortunately end in moguls, but a little short elsewhere.

Freeride looks a little more traditional, The Ski has a tighter radius than I typically like, so contemplating an MVP in a 187. Would that be similar to the Kartel other than longer? I want to use up my loyalty points.

I would keep the Kartel probably since it's on the 3rd mount which is now the original metal mount plate for a Rottefella NTN Freeride that not many skiers are on these days. (ie would sell cheap so may as well hang onto).

I think the mvp would be a good choice, but it will be a lighter and livelier ski. Not as good in crud and chop, but the extra length should help

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Kusala is a grown up renegade and fixes the faults. Killer shape and so quick
    Well said, whyturn.
    I would absolutely dig doing a new Kusala with Keith. And it fits far better with his build/shape philosophy than a lot of the shapes I built. I wasn't all that stoked with the 191 Lhasa Fats because the design was made to carve and last years iteration of the ski was made to slarve, something that didn't jive with me, as I was out killing trash snow, grooms and pow on some pure carbon 191s that just fukking killed everything on the carve and they'd slarve when they needed to. It was a detailed build with a certain point at which the tip rose that made it engage into the carve that we missed last year with the mods that were made. Sure, it crushed shit right and left, no doubt, but it didn't have the tip pressure reaction that was integral in the original (and constantly modified to perfection) design. But that's just me.

That said, the Kusala is a Praxis-friendly design that would work right out the box. Keith loves the reverse camber powder ski designs he makes and the Kusala would be a new dimension of that for him. It'd be a very popular ski. We couldn't make enough before we shut the doors at PM Gear.

I think the mvp would be a good choice, but it will be a lighter and livelier ski. Not as good in crud and chop, but the extra length should help
    Thanks Muggydude, leaning hard toward making this purchase. I also have a pair of custom BC coming in a 3 flex with enduro/carbon + veneer for my primary touring sticks.

So which one of you asshats pulled the trigger on the last pair of "THE SKI"?

Wasn't me! But I was looking at it, saw 1 left, and was expecting that might happen if I didn't act fast (if I had decided to buy them).
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 10-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Well said, whyturn.
    I would absolutely dig doing a new Kusala with Keith. And it fits far better with his build/shape philosophy than a lot of the shapes I built. I wasn't all that stoked with the 191 Lhasa Fats because the design was made to carve and last years iteration of the ski was made to slarve, something that didn't jive with me, as I was out killing trash snow, grooms and pow on some pure carbon 191s that just fukking killed everything on the carve and they'd slarve when they needed to. It was a detailed build with a certain point at which the tip rose that made it engage into the carve that we missed last year with the mods that were made. Sure, it crushed shit right and left, no doubt, but it didn't have the tip pressure reaction that was integral in the original (and constantly modified to perfection) design. But that's just me.

That said, the Kusala is a Praxis-friendly design that would work right out the box. Keith loves the reverse camber powder ski designs he makes and the Kusala would be a new dimension of that for him. It'd be a very popular ski. We couldn't make enough before we shut the doors at PM Gear.
    So your tip splay was longer and higher on the praxis rendition than the pmgear ones?
    The only difference in my pmgear Lhasa and the praxis was the addition of slight tail rocker which didn’t change the turn initiation or ability to carve at all. The turn radius also looked to be the same.

Idk how different it is from the OG Lhasa fat, but I love my Praxis Lhasa’s. Favorite ski I’ve owned (about equal with my Quixote’s, but different uses)
    Last edited by Muggydude; 10-04-2019 at 07:57 PM.

I'm still seeing one pair available on the website....

^Weird, I saw sold out earlier on my computer but now they’re available on my phone. Either way I’m out of the running. Would rather mount and ski what I currently have.

I will say that I foresee ‘the ski’ in my future though

Order placed.

Sweet! Post stoke this season when you get out on them

The other killer mutant is my 186 Lhasa fat that ended up with kusala reverse camber (full rocker). I don’t know of any others but it is a slayer at 150/120/130 with 35 m radius. That would be a praxis winner also IMO. So quick in pow but carves rails and is stable.

Pat and Keith can remake the dream

Last edited by whyturn; 10-05-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

^ Ears perked

This Kusala talk is stirring

Sweet! Post stoke this season when you get out on them

Will do, seems like I have been ever searching for a replacement to my old Fischer T-Stix 96 (Atua was the alpine model) but add in some rocker and width. I think these might fit the bill. Bigger radius than the T-Stix, but the rocker should help mitigate that when tighter turns are needed in softer snow.

From Keith’s latest email

Big changes are in the works at Praxis Skis, as we rework our factory operations and business model to be able to offer lower more competitive prices, expanded ski designs, and simply a better way to create and sell skis.

www.praxisskis.com/skis/

As much as we love our intricate custom ski building option, we will be stepping away from offering custom builds for the time being. The first order of business is to clear out all current inventory asap to help us move on to the next chapter of the Praxis Ski Company. Lucky for you we have some great skis in stock, with almost all ski sizes and models in our lineup currently available. Most importantly the current inventory is available at heavily discounted prices! Please help us clear out this inventory fast and let your friends know of the great deals available.
    Cash In Rewards Points & Coupons
    Rewards points program ending – Due to the hassle of using the system and problems with integration, as well as the high monthly cost of the 3rd party program, we have decided to discontinue the sloyalty reward points program. Current customer points can now be cashed in for store credit, this option will be available until Oct 31st. Existing new custom 15 % discount coupons will expire on Oct 31st. Now is the time to use up those points and coupons, and save even more off our low closeout prices!
    What's New?
    Keep an eye out as we implement our latest designs and offer it to you for an exceptional value. Help us create the next great ski! Experimental new designs will be offered in a limited production pre-order, with fast production turnaround times. A form or rapid ski development and evolution, we are looking for input and feedback from die hard skier’s on the next generation of skis for the Praxis Ski Company.

So seven days ago......