Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    According to blister 190 Wildcat measures 188, you are worrying over 2 cm, which is pretty negligible IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    It's what this place does to many.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Yeah 2 cm = ~3/4 of an inch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got out at loveland today for some WROD laps. Started out on a pair of black crows navis that I picked up over the summer for firmer days. Went to the truck to grab my GPOs after a few runs.
    Still amazed at how versatile the GPOs are. Just as fun on firm snow as the Navis, and really just makes the Navis seem unnecessary in my quiver. I really have yet to get GPOs in spot where they aren't an incredible ski. They have no business being as good on firm snow as they are.
    TLDR: GPOs rock and are the most versatile ski I've ever been on. Buy a pair!

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Got out at loveland today for some WROD laps. Started out on a pair of black crows navis that I picked up over the summer for firmer days. Went to the truck to grab my GPOs after a few runs.
    Still amazed at how versatile the GPOs are. Just as fun on firm snow as the Navis, and really just makes the Navis seem unnecessary in my quiver. I really have yet to get GPOs in spot where they aren't an incredible ski. They have no business being as good on firm snow as they are.
    GPOs rock. True story.

Is the Ridge open yet?

FRD mount point?

I’ve had pretty good luck mounting on the line with Praxis - RX, PJ, Lhasa, so am leaning toward the line again unless I hear anything to dissuade me

So thanks for everyone's advice, I ended up mounting my GPOs at -0.5 (weighted average of all the recommendations on this forum). I've only skied a couple of afternoons on them so far, and I still have to adjust to them, but they do well on groomers and anything soft it seems. Haven't really had a chance to ski them in powder or chopped up snow, so looking forward to that.

Relatedly, do people here have any tips on what the best way to protect topsheet chipping on wood veneer skis is?

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    So thanks for everyone's advice, I ended up mounting my GPOs at -0.5 (weighted average of all the recommendations on this forum). I've only skied a couple of afternoons on them so far, and I still have to adjust to them, but they do well on groomers and anything soft it seems. Haven't really had a chance to ski them in powder or chopped up snow, so looking forward to that.

Relatedly, do people here have any tips on what the best way to protect topsheet chipping on wood veneer skis is?
    Another reason to dull your edges

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wider stance?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Dremmel tool to round off edges of top sheet if it becomes an issue. Most ski companies nowadays seem to have solved this issue
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

I learned the hard way that the latest and greatest, isn't necessarily the greatest (for me). They're my "cold, dead hands" ski.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Anybody around Whistler with a gpo or an mvp i could try? Really trying to decide what spot in my quiver most "needs" a refresh. Will stay away from stupid early season spots, I promise 🤘

One of the things I appreciate most about the wood veneer is that Keith bevels the living hell out of the edges of the veneer topsheets, to the point that I don't see how you could possibly chip them unless you're banging your skis together on the lift like a gaper. So, maybe try to not do that.

Can anyone confirm the weight for a 182 GPO? Website says 8.9/pair and it seems like they're usually pretty on the mark with weights. Thinking of snagging a pair and sticking some touring binders on them, unless anyone has a pair they're willing to part with?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Can anyone confirm the weight for a 182 GPO? Website says 8.9/pair and it seems like they're usually pretty on the mark with weights. Thinking of snagging a pair and sticking some touring binders on them, unless anyone has a pair they're willing to part with?
    I can confirm that my 187 GPOs were definitely close enough to the stated weight to not worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I can confirm that my 187 GPOs were definitely close enough to the stated weight to not worry about it.
    Thanks man

My 182 UL are 1865 each

My 182 ul are 1910g
    and 182 map are 8.6 i thought

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

The postings about weight got me curious about my recently arrived 185 heavy hitter #4 flex 9D8s. Nylon top sheet.

Straight tape pull 183.5cm, weight 4.2#s, 1905gm. Both skis weigh the same kudos Praxis. Interestingly the Praxis description lists 8.9#s per pair for the 185s and 8.4#s for the 179s. Is the weight difference related to Nylon versus Veneer top sheet?

All mine have been lighter than listed but not quite that much. Only around a .1 ish lighter

Veneer saves a few ounces.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Yes veneer and carbon save roughly the same weight but veneer>carbon for dampness and extra durability, especially with that clear stain you put on yours Thom. That looked extra good too

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yes veneer and carbon save roughly the same weight but veneer>carbon for dampness and extra durability, especially with that clear stain you put on yours Thom. That looked extra good too

I was pretty amazed at how well veneer calms things down without deadening things.

My Qs were Enduro/Carbon/Veneer, and they felt remarkably like the 187 GPOs now owned by @Dub2 (Enduro/Veneer) as well as the 182 GPOs that I replaced them with (same build).

All 3 shared a damp but not dead character in contrast with my 182 GPOs (MAP/Carbon/Nylon) which are a bit more "zingy" in comparison.

That clear epoxy goes on really easily.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    One of the things I appreciate most about the wood veneer is that Keith bevels the living hell out of the edges of the veneer topsheets, to the point that I don't see how you could possibly chip them unless you're banging your skis together on the lift like a gaper. So, maybe try to not do that.
    This. And I can gaper with the rest of the tele bunch, and the topsheets on my skinny Rx's are still pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I was pretty amazed at how well veneer calms things down without deadening things.

My Qs were Enduro/Carbon/Veneer, and they felt remarkably like the 187 GPOs now owned by @Dub2 (Enduro/Veneer) as well as the 182 GPOs that I replaced them with (same build).

All 3 shared a damp but not dead character in contrast with my 182 GPOs (MAP/Carbon/Nylon) which are a bit more "zingy" in comparison.

That clear epoxy goes on really easily.

... Thom
    Agree on the damp but not dead description of Enduro/Veneer build. My GPOs seem to give me some energy back when I want and am skiing actively, but are damp when I open it up and they need to be damp. Weird way to put it, but I really like the build.

Enduro/veneer is my preferred resort setup for powder oriented skis. And heavy hitter/Carbon/veneer for narrower skis or skis meant for variable and to be crud busters.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums