Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2609
    EHP is flat camber, fwiw.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    I'm going to guess I'm mistaken, but I thought the EHP was an earlier iteration of the Hoji––isn't the EHP reverse camber as well? With its camber, I would have assumed that the RX would be more directional/more work in softer snow, at slower speeds anyway? Never skied the RX or the EHP, though I have skied (and loved) the Hoji.
    I think the EHP and the Hoji are pretty different, although I have never skied the Hoji.

EHP, in a 186, has basically flat camber underfoot. It has a bit of rocker in the tip and tail, I put the measurements in a post above.

The EHP is also 116 underfoot. The Hoji and EHP are pretty different skis, from what I remember. I think the Hoji is more of a slimmed down Renegade, although I could be completely wrong. It seemed like a slimmer Renegade, with the reverse camber matching the sidecut or something like that. I'm sure I'm missing some details, hopefully someone can correct me.

But yeah, I don't know that I would call the EHP an earlier iteration of the Hoji. The Hoji represented a substantial change, going from 116 underfoot for the EHP to 112 and changing up the rocker profile. The Hoji was a new beast, not really a slightly modified EHP but a new ski altogether.

I was always curious about the Hoji, given how much I loved the EHP, but it seemed like a significantly different ski. I really wanted something around 185 with around 116 underfoot, the Hoji seemed like a great ski for someone who also had one bigger ski, like maybe a Renegade.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Just curious, anyone have thoughts on a -1cm width FRS for primarily inbounds / sidecountry glades and tight trees? Seems similar to the MVP 108 (which i guess it's based on), but I like that the FRS has higher tips, longer radius, and a bit more rocker. I'm trying to fill the gap between Woodsman 102s and Kusalas...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
    Just curious, anyone have thoughts on a -1cm width FRS for primarily inbounds / sidecountry glades and tight trees? Seems similar to the MVP 108 (which i guess it's based on), but I like that the FRS has higher tips, longer radius, and a bit more rocker. I'm trying to fill the gap between Woodsman 102s and Kusalas...
    Just get the MVP, duh. It’s a great ski and the “lower” rocker lines still let you surf but also hook up great when you put them on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    Just get the MVP, duh. It’s a great ski and the “lower” rocker lines still let you surf but also hook up great when you put them on edge.
    This. MVP has an uncanny ability to be surfy while also having great edge hold. But presumably the FRS will be similar since it’s basically an MVP 119 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Thirded

Hot deals at praxisskis.com right now.

Just picked up a pair of FRD's (HH+C and veneer) for $700. Looks like the non-veneer models are available for $595 as well.

Not gonna tell my girlfriend as my Praxis quiver is getting fairly absurd. Now I just need some Jedi's and some Sluggers haha

I am not going to lie - those Jedi Mind Sticks look mighty tempting, as does the FRS. And Protests, must not forget Protests.

I also do not know why Praxis are trying so hard to make the Protest look like a kid's ski the last few years - but I actually liked the graphic this year - kinda funny.

Anyone got any info on the new-for-this-year protest rocker profile?

Might be a mis-print but veneer GPO’s are the same price as nylon at $595

I saw that….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Those FRDs are beautiful. Is that new this year? I don’t recall it in their lineup.
    Last edited by gaijin; 07-28-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Those FRDs are beautiful. Is that new this year? I don’t recall it in their lineup.
    The FRD/ Freeride is an old praxis standard that disappeared for a while, I really liked the pair I had.

Shredeagle got the Jedi's last year when Keith rolled thru and loves them. I was tempted but my quiver is kinda saturated in that area at the moment. They look like sick skis though

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    Shredeagle got the Jedi's last year when Keith rolled thru and loves them. I was tempted but my quiver is kinda saturated in that area at the moment. They look like sick skis though
    Can the Jedi be considered as a close Blizz Gunsmoke equivalent? Yay/nay?

I’m really curious how they’d do in a CCR profile…
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Can the Jedi be considered as a close Blizz Gunsmoke equivalent? Yay/nay?
    They do look pretty similar. Haven't skied either.

Praxis >>> Blizzard

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

I went for a +1 cm BC with Enduro #4 layup a couple of years ago. Being 5 10 190# I went with the 191 length. Very versatile fat boards.
    Waxoff, Anything you didn't/don't like about your +1 BCs? Been thinking about a HH (sans carbon), 5 flex, vinyl, +1 BC for my 6'2/210#, as a resort DD in our maritime snowpack. I prefer variable chargers over pow shapes in this width, and the shape and rocker profile sound right. Also considering a Folsom Primary 114, but the carbon in their build is giving me pause. Likely wait for the next custom sale, but it would be ignorant of me not to be prepared. TIA!

New MVP looks bloody good.

I've got an old pair of 187 MVPs that I'd like to consign to full time touring duty (with ATK 14). The tails suck for skin clips and kick turns, though, so thought about chopping 4cm or so of them and cutting some notches for the clips. Good idea, or have I got rocks in my head?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Waxoff, Anything you didn't/don't like about your +1 BCs? Been thinking about a HH (sans carbon), 5 flex, vinyl, +1 BC for my 6'2/210#, as a resort DD in our maritime snowpack. I prefer variable chargers over pow shapes in this width, and the shape and rocker profile sound right. Also considering a Folsom Primary 114, but the carbon in their build is giving me pause. Likely wait for the next custom sale, but it would be ignorant of me not to be prepared. TIA!
    Why not customize a GPO instead of gambling on a "new" creation (+10 BC). The GPO has been thoroughly fleshed out, and is a mature design.

Of course, this advice comes from someone who specified a +10 GPO, so I'm not one to talk ;-)

I did get Keith's "signoff" that it was the most probable design to suit my goals (Protests don't work for me).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

HaHa! Probably gon get rocks thrown but I had the exact same thoughts ala Quixote! I do like the BC shape and like the idea of a +1 but I do think the Q fits the bill better. Really dig the GPO’s but “variable charger > pow shape” says Q to me…
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Why not customize a GPO instead of gambling on a "new" creation (+10 BC). The GPO has been thoroughly fleshed out, and is a mature design.

Of course, this advice comes from someone who specified a +10 GPO, so I'm not one to talk ;-)

I did get Keith's "signoff" that it was the most probable design to suit my goals (Protests don't work for me).

... Thom
    Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    HaHa! Probably gon get rocks thrown but I had the exact same thoughts ala Quixote! I do like the BC shape and like the idea of a +1 but I do think the Q fits the bill better. Really dig the GPO’s but “variable charger > pow shape” says Q to me…
    Thanks Thom and Eskido. Likely wise advice to stick with a proven shape despite liking the sound of the +1 BC. You've named the two other skis I've been mulling. Initial thought was 192 GPO, but after some research came away thinking that they may ski a hair short for my preferences/size due to the tip taper? Then thought the 194 Q made sense, but never skied offset taper, and my brain isn't that big; that said, I'm primarily a one ski at a time skier, and the inside edge of the Q looks right, plus, I'll get used to whatever I'm on. Was a bit concerned about the -7 mount being too progressive, but a 194 at -2 will work, plus, I saw in the Q thread that it has been skied at -3 from rec with success so that's positive for sure; plus, the reports of good edge hold, and that it skis 'narrow' for a 118 and is 'all mountain' in nature and floats fine, are right up my alley. In any event, I'll reach out to Keith, and likely let him decide once I get there. They all sound fun; thanks again!

Edit to add: Just realized even the outside edge of the Q has less tip taper than the BC and GPO, and the inside edge significantly so; a 194 HH/Vinyl/4 or 5 flex is sounding like a pretty big gun, haha.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 08-01-2022 at 01:02 PM.

No, I sure like them for what they are! I had these built a bit to replicate the BC Sevun II but with a more releasable tail, and for that they fit the bill precisely. They are no auto slashers per design and they require some input in technical stuff, so a bit more traditional directional skis compared to other contemporary wide ski designs. No pow skis per se, but skis pow just fine. in some cut up slushy conditions I found that they crossed the fall line a tad to easily, so I decided to move boot center back a bit. have not been on them since so can't fill in details on what the change led to. When I posted about them when I got them I also got the question "why not the GPO", but as earlier mentioned, I had come to like the +1 BC's Sevun resemblance in regards to dimensions, sidecut placement, almost straight taper sections, tip design, and with the added tail rocker instead of Sevuns short duck tail upturn. These carve great, even on really hard surfaces. I like present and active tails. Plus, I'm not into tail sinkers when it comes to 3D snow. I don't have to see my tips way above the snow surface to trust I get flotation, so anything resembling pin tails turns me off. So there's that!

No, I sure like them for what they are! They are no auto slashers per design and they require some input in technical stuff, so a bit more traditional directional skis compared to other contemporary wide ski designs. No pow skis per se, but skis pow just fine. These carve great, even on really hard surfaces. I like present and active tails.
    Thanks for this! These sound up my alley. I convinced myself the Q was it, but after reading that thread (again), it does sound as though folks who get along best with em prefer an upright stance, and I am more directional by nature for sure. Last night I was also convinced a +1 FRD could fit the bill as a wide body variable crusher, flatter tail, longer, less tapered; the +1 BC likely more versatile though. Hmm, see how strong I'm feeling when I pull the trigger, haha. If only I could buy em all, decide for myself. I managed to get through June and July without any ski purchases, August is looking less likely. Thanks again!

I am more directional by nature for sure. ... as a wide body variable crusher, flatter tail, longer, less tapered
    With yer stature and if you like to step on it and turn it up to 11. Maybe you also should check out the announced FL113 from the "Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other..." thread?