Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    those look awesome

It always works out that my favorite looking skis are the ones I end up parting with. I wonder if there's a cause/effect here? Maybe my next Praxis build should be the ugliest graphics I can find.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

How many mounts in total?
    Damn that gloss make mine look so dull! How does that clear coat hold up to winter, flex etc.?

Gratuitous GPO pic for no reason.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200119_132001.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	668.0 KB 
ID:	311461

1.5 mounts at the toe. They were converted from STH2s to Wardens (rear holes are the same location for both toes).

Two heel mounts. All 6 unused holes per ski filled with chopped fiberglass & G-Flex.

The System Three is easy to work with. A single coat with a foam brush does it.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

They look amazing. That epoxy seems like the way to go

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I just shot photos of the bases, and am about to post the GPOs on gear swap. I'll hold off on replying until the morning, in case some knucklehead jumps the gun. I'm tired of messing with wankers ;-)

Just PM me and reference this thread to bump up the priority list (and I'll respond sooner).

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Anyone have a pair of 183 MVPs they'd be willing to sell? If so, PM me. I've been keeping an eye out for a pair for a while, but now I need to go full search to stay focused and keep from buying Thoms GPO...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Anyone have a pair of 183 MVPs they'd be willing to sell? If so, PM me. I've been keeping an eye out for a pair for a while, but now I need to go full search to stay focused and keep from buying Thoms GPO...
    Watching Tabke's winning run at Hakuba inspired ya, huh ;-)

Actually, I think he was running +10 MVPs.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Watching Tabke's winning run at Hakuba inspired ya, huh ;-)

Actually, I think he was running +10 MVPs.

... Thom
    It did! But I was already zoning in on the MVP as a potential DD.

I may or may not have just emailed Keith inquiring about the possibility of any future custom sale runs...

179cm Wootest 2.0s, 3 flex, UL/carbon, maple veneer, cubes topsheet. With ATK Trofeo 10s with plates mounted at recommended. ~1800ish/ski including bindings. Being skied with Fischer Carbon Travers boots, solely for bc use.

Name:	wootest-00.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	803.7 KB 
ID:	311952

Name:	wootest-01.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	728.2 KB 
ID:	311953

Name:	wootest-04.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	717.5 KB 
ID:	311954

Name:	wootest-02.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	793.1 KB 
ID:	311955

Name:	wootest-03.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	884.4 KB 
ID:	311957

Just a single 3k' run on them so far, so not an elaborate review, but initial impressions:
    - Praxis "3" is pretty fucking stiff
    - These need a serious detune
    - These are pivoty foot missiles

Skied them this morning in my goto homerun shot, a ~1500' 32-35º NE shot (with ~1500' of mellower stuff below) with maybe 4-5" fresh on top of settled snow and old tracks. In soft untracked they accelerate right away, but they are WAAAAY damper than the ultralight stuff I usually ski, and they will definitely get use when things are tracked for that reason. Very easy to pivot / scrub speed / throw around, unsurprising given the length and rocker profile. Weird overall shape at least to look at, but they didn't ski weird, they were intuitive from the first turn or two. I need to ski them in proper Wasatch deep conditions to see how they compare to the rest of my quiver (my normal powder ski is ~90mm and 177cm) but so far they are freaking fun. I was mostly surprised how manageable they were in a section of tight packed summer trail known as the "luge", given how stiff they are, but they're really easy to throw around.

Mount point feels awesome, glad I went with the length I did too. I think if I knew how stiff these were I would've gone with a 2 flex, but I do like that crud busting power... I am also very curious how these will do in various types of nasty crusts, which unfortunately it seems I'll get to find out fairly soon.

Anyway, I'll post a real review once I've had ~50k' on them in lots of different terrain/conditions, mostly wanted to show off how sick they look. These are the first Praxis skis I've skied on, and color me impressed so far.

You probably know this, but they ski short. FYI.

Whew!! I jumped in here losing my mind thinking they were for sale, preparing for debt!! Amazing looking set up!! Really want a 179 woo2.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    You probably know this, but they ski short. FYI.
    Yes, thanks for the reminder. The camber contact difference between the 183 and 187 looks to be 3cm. That is essentially effective edge, right?

I'm mainly looking for a DD that will be playful and easy going. It will see a lot of time skiing with my small children hence why I'm leaning 183.

Also, I emailed Keith with some questions and I learned something very exciting:

He is doing another custom spring sale! And he could use our help in spreading the word and getting stoked to order up.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Whew!! I jumped in here losing my mind thinking they were for sale, preparing for debt!! Amazing looking set up!! Really want a 179 woo2.
    not for sale at this time but should that change I'll let you know

Also, I emailed Keith with some questions and I learned something very exciting:

He is doing another custom spring sale! And he could use our help in spreading the word and getting stoked to order up.
    Whoop whoop! What have the spring sales consisted of in the past?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Whoop whoop! What have the spring sales consisted of in the past?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    50% off custom prices which ended up more or less like custom skis at standard ski pricing.
    Galibier Design

We will happy spend more money with Keith!

Stoked, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    not for sale at this time but should that change I'll let you know
    What BSL? And if I end up in Wasangeles this season would you be down to tour and trade skis for half a run? I’d be on beat up soft (originally Flex 2 but they have lost some stiffness over the years) 9 year old 180 BC’s that can run from 300-320mm BSL on my Speed Radical bindings. I’m at 306mm

And I am planning on getting out to BCC/LCC for some touring in March

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^ they are set at my bsl of 296, but they could adjust to fit your boot (they're mounted on plates), and you're welcome to borrow them (and I'm always down for a tour) if you make it down this way!

awesome dude! I'll hit you up offline when I get some firm dates. If I'm lucky it would be a fri-sun trip

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Count me in,,, I need more...

Fat Q is tempting.... Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Man, I haven’t skied my RXs in awhile

Still just feel like the perfect ski, even in the peasant build