Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Total Praxis rookie question here; if someone likes a Volkl Katana or a Blizzard Cochise, what would be the Praxis equivalent?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In my opinion there isn't Praxis equivalent. If you want a Katana or Cochise, get a Katana or Cochise. Or maybe a Black Crows Corvus if you're on the wrong side of 40 like me. And, yes, I have skied and owned the Freeride. It is not on the same lever in terms of dampening or stability.

New Custom order is here…187 GPO Maple and 180 BC Cherry. The Praxis quiver is growing.

Have 183 GPO with dynafiddles mounted on the line. 187s will be in bounds only. What’s the recent consensus on mount point? 183s skied short for me, hence sizing up. Think I’ve read -1 or -1.5 for sweet spot. Tell me what to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post

New Custom order is here…187 GPO Maple and 180 BC Cherry. The Praxis quiver is growing.

Have 183 GPO with dynafiddles mounted on the line. 187s will be in bounds only. What’s the recent consensus on mount point? 183s skied short for me, hence sizing up. Think I’ve read -1 or -1.5 for sweet spot. Tell me what to do!

Beautiful sticks!

Tell you what to do? Ask Keith!

Man, those look so awesome. The new GPO topsheet looks amazing on the veneer.

Beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Beautiful sticks!

Tell you what to do? Ask Keith!
    I did ask Keith when I bought standard GPOs. He said on the line to start as a first mount. I feel like I’ve heard consensus hear of slightly back. Just looking for confirmation bias before i start drilling. Thinking of going back 1.5 and seeing how I like them. Although worried that sizing up to 187 will make them perfect on the line for me.

How are the dynafits set up? And which ones are they? Do you have shims? I've noticed too much of a difference toe to heel makes the ski feel a bit short. That said I run GPOs at -1 pretty happily.
    Also, those look great!

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    How are the dynafits set up? And which ones are they? Do you have shims? I've noticed too much of a difference toe to heel makes the ski feel a bit short. That said I run GPOs at -1 pretty happily.
    Also, those look great!
    Radical ST/FT, sometimes with speed rad heels. Set up normal I think. Mounted in n the line. Skied with F1s or Maestrale XT. No shims.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    In my opinion there isn't Praxis equivalent. If you want a Katana or Cochise, get a Katana or Cochise. Or maybe a Black Crows Corvus if you're on the wrong side of 40 like me. And, yes, I have skied and owned the Freeride. It is not on the same lever in terms of dampening or stability.
    My heavy hitter, flex 4, veneer Freerides were beasts. I've never skied Cochises, Katanas, etc. but the Freerides in this build were a Wrenegade class of ski.

Then again, I'm well on the far side of 40, so I could be full of crap ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 10-05-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Radical ST/FT, sometimes with speed rad heels. Set up normal I think. Mounted in n the line. Skied with F1s or Maestrale XT. No shims.

Thanks.

Yup, those are friekin dope! My opinion, safe bet is -1 considering your current mount on your 183’s. I have zero fiddle exp though so that certainly warrants some thought. That said I very much prefer a more centered mount for resort than bc, so I would mount em at -1 or maybe even closer to the line, but no one here is going to agree with the latter and I’d be pretty stoked at -1 for sure. I’d maybe sway that based on usage, if they’re meant to be your pow sticks and not so much versatile than yeah, you could skooch back, more versatile, I’d steer closer to -1
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I do not (yet) own any Praxis, but those GPO topsheets make my ski pants tight. Holy hell do those look good!!

Some sexy sticks right there. I mounted my BCs on the line and love them there––not that you asked. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. What bindings are you putting on them?

About to pull the trigger on some stock FRS for my brother, specs make them out to be some pretty sweet boards

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've much never liked that GPO graphic, but damn - veneer makes it look sensational! Hawt hawt hawt!

So I was just perusing Praxis’s website and noticed the FRS is now in a 194…. I believe there have been some input/reviews on this ski but don’t believe there has been much input…. Can anyone who has skied provide some insight/feedback on how it skied…? Def interested in the dimensions and stats…

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    About to pull the trigger on some stock FRS for my brother, specs make them out to be some pretty sweet boards

I have the stock FRS from last year. I think the veneer will be the perfect improvement to that ski - adding damping. I almost tossed my existing pair to get one of the veneers! Still might...
    sproing!

MM, I am def interested in this ski so can you provide your feedback on POW, crud, pivot or locked in…

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    MM, I am def interested in this ski so can you provide your feedback on POW, crud, pivot or locked in…

My latest thought here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...72#post6278472

But I think I was the outlier on that thread of FRS reviews - most folks loved em!
    sproing!

Thanks Meter and my bad - I was looking for reviews in the main Praxis thread and it never dawned on me to do a FRS search…. Thanks for the link…

So I was just perusing Praxis’s website and noticed the FRS is now in a 194…. I believe there have been some input/reviews on this ski but don’t believe there has been much input…. Can anyone who has skied provide some insight/feedback on how it skied…? Def interested in the dimensions and stats…

I've been eyeing the 194 too. Emailed Keith last night to ask him about how they ski and compare to the GPO. Hesitant to go 194 as I feel like they might be a lot to handle with the enduro core + veneer; I feel the 192 enduro flex 4 GPO + veneer to pretty hefty already. Will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Some sexy sticks right there. I mounted my BCs on the line and love them there––not that you asked. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. What bindings are you putting on them?
    Likely Speed Radicals, too many pair and everything else is mounted with them. Will mount the BCs with inserts.

Thanks Meter and my bad - I was looking for reviews in the main Praxis thread and it never dawned on me to do a FRS search…. Thanks for the link…

Undertow, that's pretty much unacceptable.

I require encyclopedic knowledge of tech talk minutiae and side-threads with 20 replies. Otherwise, git da fahk out JONG!

[happy to help - I think the veneer will make the FRS killer and redress the very limited complaint I had about them!]
    sproing!

Is there room for Protests and BGs in the same quiver?

Considering picking up tang's swiss cheesed protests as the current mount works for my BSL.

Current 2 ski quiver is a 182 M Free 108 and 184 BG. M Frees as my DD and BGs have been my pow ski, but think the Protests could be fun on really deep days and for as the widest end to a two ski travel quiver. Any thoughts?

Lots of mags run the exact trio.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Lots of mags run the exact trio.
    Yup. I did for a bit then moved BG’s for a different ski.