Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2248
  1. #2176
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,360
    I'm gong to order some UL protests with veneer. I'm thinking do a custom graphic based on my Woody Guthrie Pro Models (spray painted Protests). Has anyone done this and designed the graphic themselves? Found someone else to design it? Should I just reach out to Keith?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201230_184651196 (2).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	373623

  2. #2177
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    309
    ^I would love to see that become a standard topsheet option.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

  3. #2178
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm gong to order some UL protests with veneer. I'm thinking do a custom graphic based on my Woody Guthrie Pro Models (spray painted Protests). Has anyone done this and designed the graphic themselves? Found someone else to design it? Should I just reach out to Keith?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201230_184651196 (2).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	373623
    ISBD,

    I would reach out to Keith... I cannot remember the mags name (big Praxis supporter and contributor) but he was a big Big Lebowski fan and had Keith do a custom top sheet that had Lebowski all over it... Absolutely bad ass skis...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #2179
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Sounds as if I'm looking at 2000g. or more for my rig. Maybe I'll just use double-sided tape for bindings to save weight ;-)

    ... Thom
    Man Thom that sounds like a killer setup, and 2kg isn't bad at all for as much float as you're getting.

    Real talk though, what are you mounting them with? PM me if you need a hookup on some Italian stallions

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

  5. #2180
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ISBD,

    I would reach out to Keith... I cannot remember the mags name (big Praxis supporter and contributor) but he was a big Big Lebowski fan and had Keith do a custom top sheet that had Lebowski all over it... Absolutely bad ass skis...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Will do. Should I just send a message through the website?

  6. #2181
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Will do. Should I just send a message through the website?
    I have always had great luck in emailing him - plus you could attach the top sheet you are looking to do...

    And I found it - Jim S custom top sheets...:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1267.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	588.3 KB 
ID:	373642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1266.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	665.9 KB 
ID:	373643


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #2182
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,360
    ^^^^^^ Thanks. Done.

  8. #2183
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    F'n Midwest again
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ISBD,

    I would reach out to Keith... I cannot remember the mags name (big Praxis supporter and contributor) but he was a big Big Lebowski fan and had Keith do a custom top sheet that had Lebowski all over it... Absolutely bad ass skis...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That was JimS



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

  9. #2184
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ^^^^^^ Thanks. Done.
    Quick thread drift . . . let me ask you about your poles as I think all touring poles need more grip length and I have been eyeing some like those, but my concern is that there's no lip on the ends for flipping heel risers (Lynx tele bindings, so they're just wires) or the like -- so, is there a lip? The BD poles I currently use have the perfect lip on the end of the grip to slid under my risers and flip them up, mid-stride if I'm moving to keep pace or stay warm, etc. But the grips are way too short for traversing or bootpacking up steeps . . .

    Thanks!

  10. #2185
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Quick thread drift . . . let me ask you about your poles as I think all touring poles need more grip length and I have been eyeing some like those, but my concern is that there's no lip on the ends for flipping heel risers (Lynx tele bindings, so they're just wires) or the like -- so, is there a lip? The BD poles I currently use have the perfect lip on the end of the grip to slid under my risers and flip them up, mid-stride if I'm moving to keep pace or stay warm, etc.

    Thanks!
    i use the same douchermagoo sticks, and i've used them now for two years. i love 'em. its the best touring stick i've ever used. durable, endlessly adjustable grips, great swing feel.

    you can flip risers with the small notch that is intended for leashes (who uses leashes??). it's not the best "pole thumb" i've ever used, but it gets the job done.

  11. #2186
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Man Thom that sounds like a killer setup, and 2kg isn't bad at all for as much float as you're getting.

    Real talk though, what are you mounting them with? PM me if you need a hookup on some Italian stallions

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    My Christmas present was a pair of Raider 12s that are sitting .. and waiting ...

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  12. #2187
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    My Christmas present was a pair of Raider 12s that are sitting .. and waiting ...

    ... Thom
    120 brakes, I assume? Any idea if those would fit over Protests with a little bending?

  13. #2188
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    120 brakes, I assume? Any idea if those would fit over Protests with a little bending?
    Yup, I ordered those binders with 120s, for fatties.

    It's tough to determine how they spread without mounting them. I assume I may have to do some bending, but perhaps not.

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  14. #2189
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,360
    UL Protests ordered. Working with Keith on Woody Guthrie Pro Model graphics on a maple veneer. Will mount with ATK Trofeo Plus.

  15. #2190
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yup, I ordered those binders with 120s, for fatties.

    It's tough to determine how they spread without mounting them. I assume I may have to do some bending, but perhaps not.

    ... Thom
    I mocked them up as best I could. Placing the heels behind the existing heels on my GPOs and deploying the brakes, I'd estimate you could get do the low 120s (123-124?) without bending or grinding off some of the plastic on the inside of the brakes.

    It's tough to be precise about this without mounting them.

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  16. #2191
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    UL Protests ordered. Working with Keith on Woody Guthrie Pro Model graphics on a maple veneer. Will mount with ATK Trofeo Plus.
    Hey man, not trying to cramp your style but I'd be interested to see how the mock up of this turns out. I placed an order of some UL protests already but this has me intrigued. Got anything on paper yet?

  17. #2192
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Hey man, not trying to cramp your style but I'd be interested to see how the mock up of this turns out. I placed an order of some UL protests already but this has me intrigued. Got anything on paper yet?
    Nothing yet. I sent Keith some image files for the text and the guitar silhouette. I also sent him some images of waveforms from the opening lines of Sharon Jones' cover of "This Land is Your Land" that I may put on the tails if it looks good in a mock up. The waveforms are about 40cm long, but won't cover too much of the wood.

    Keith is going to put the graphics together and send it my way before pressing the skis, but that won't be for over a month. I'll attach the images to this post. The waveforms have a transparent background so they may not display properly on the TGR blue background. Just click them.

    If anyone wants to use this graphic or contribute to its improvement that's fine by me. The guitar image could be better for sure. I'm looking for something. Apparently Woody mostly played on a predecessor to the Gibson J-45, so I may try to create something based around that.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thismachinekillsfascists.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	374390

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitar (1).jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	374391

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this_land_is_your_land.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	374392

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this_land_is_my_land.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	374393

  18. #2193
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    305
    I want to try regular Quixotes

  19. #2194
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I also sent him some images of waveforms from the opening lines of Sharon Jones' cover of "This Land is Your Land" that I may put on the tails if it looks good in a mock up. The waveforms are about 40cm long, but won't cover too much of the wood.
    This is such a cool idea, I really hope it works out for ya!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  20. #2195
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    mammoth
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I want to try regular Quixotes
    Same, they look pretty great
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig


  21. #2196
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22
    Order is in for the second iteration of the compound camber Quixote. Longer ski, heavier core, more tip rocker, shorter more aggressive camber sections, and maple veneer beneath the "watershed" graphic. Keith is the man and I'm stoked to see how the ski turns out.

  22. #2197
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    941
    I just realized Praxis nixed the base graphics option? Very minor but that was a nice touch.

  23. #2198
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,346
    Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    I just realized Praxis nixed the base graphics option? Very minor but that was a nice touch.
    I didn't even notice since I'm a "basic black" guy. It makes base repairs so much easier.

    One thing I could never stand is ON3P's clear over green. With my eyes, I had a tough time seeing the gouges. I suppose that only matters if you patch your skis, however ;-)

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  24. #2199
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingskiguy View Post
    Order is in for the second iteration of the compound camber Quixote. Longer ski, heavier core, more tip rocker, shorter more aggressive camber sections, and maple veneer beneath the "watershed" graphic. Keith is the man and I'm stoked to see how the ski turns out.
    Iím very excited to see/hear how this works out!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  25. #2200
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    13,009
    #metoo
    Thats pretty cool that Keith will do all that. Some nice tweaks in that one

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •