Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Got out on my new to me 184 free rides at the bird yesterday. Fun chalky high speed skiing. They skied really well, stable, lots of pop. Perhaps Iím old enough to move out of the 190ís and into the 180ís.....oh the humanity

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Piste jibs finally came in. Heavy, Veneer, 3+ Flex. Think Iím mounting -1

Love how the graphic turned out on the veneer. Poles are pretty dope, sturdy fuckers. Good for fending off Ikonic and Epic Jerryís who get in the way I imagine.

Attachment 306425

Attachment 306426
    Those are fucking DOPE! Never considered that graphic on a veneer, very cool! Poles look sick as well. Always phenomenal choices Mugs!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Hey Praxis fanboys. Been wanting to try some Praxis skis for a while and always loved veneer. Looking for a ski for 50/50 resort/touring use, somewhere in the 100-110 width range, and mainly do some form or another of tree skiing. 6'3, 200lbs. I've got a couple models that I'm looking at but curious to hear what people say.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

190 BC might be the best choice of the options left in stock. Measures more like 188cm, decent amount of rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    190 BC might be the best choice of the options left in stock. Measures more like 188cm, decent amount of rocker.

Doesn't need to be in stock. I bet there's a fair amount floating around here and other dark places of the interweb. Would actually prefer to go used

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by brundo; 12-24-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Just picked up some GPOs on Craigslist and thinking of mounting them with vipecs/tectons. People have mentioned -1.5 and -2 cm for touring on GPOs, is that pretty much the consensus?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Just picked up some GPOs on Craigslist and thinking of mounting them with vipecs/tectons. People have mentioned -1.5 and -2 cm for touring on GPOs, is that pretty much the consensus?

Yes that should be good. Especially with the slight ramp angle on vipec/tecton I think behind the line is a good choice.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Have mine @ -2 and dig em. personally, if I were setting them up for resort usage Iíd move em up for sure but for touring Iím very happy where Iím at. -1 to -1.5 would most likely be stellar if you didnít size down at all, my touring rig is about 5cm shorter than my resort DD (for some reason that makes since in my head), in any case Iím very happy at -2

-1.5 is my vote. Where I liked my GPOs

After skiing my GPOís and dynastarís Iím thinking of letting go of my Lhasa fat praxis....is that crazy?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    After skiing my GPOís and dynastarís Iím thinking of letting go of my Lhasa fat praxis....is that crazy?

Idk man, sounds a little crazy, but Iíve been rethinking my quiver a bit as well. Pretty sure Iíve been inventing quiver spots for a few years now to justify skis (almost all Praxis) that I want. Iím at the point where some of them only get skied a couple times a year so I feel ya, why have em if you have a ski in a similar spot that you know youíre gonna ski more? Getting rid of a Praxis, especially of that status, is certainly a little skittles, but fuck you canít put skis on your wall if you havenít skied the rails off of em.

Had another super fun day on my gpo's. 4 years later and it still an ez ski to grab. I like it at -1 and thats where i had my ul touring gpo's as well. Id mount them that way again because at this point they fit like a glove but id imagine -1,5 would work great as well

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone have a 183 MVP they'd sell? Looking for a resort DD so prefer stock or heavy core...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Nope. Spot on actually.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Possibly. If ya didnít jive with them, move them along. I know some had them hand them their ass as they donít like being tail gunned. Not saying you, just saying.
    Iíll never sell mine as they just crush the fall line soooo well. Killing me to not be on them yet this season due to low tide.
    What makes you want to move them over the others? What Dynastar are you comparing them to?

What layup did you go with on the Lhasas?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    What layup did you go with on the Lhasas?
    Pfluff on the prowl....

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post

I'm probably an outlier but mounted at -1 (based on popular opinion) and feel too far back. Have been toying with the idea of moving them to the line, but not sure if 1cm will make a difference. For reference I don't tend to drive the front of the ski hard, and these measure long for me so that may explain the difference in experience.

Is there anyway i can get a MVP and a MVP +1?

Someone convince me not to buy an Enduro 187 GPO as a winter touring and resort pow ski. Mounted with Vipecs or something..

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Someone convince me not to buy an Enduro 187 GPO as a winter touring and resort pow ski. Mounted with Vipecs or something..
    Wait, why? That setup would be dope.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Sorry, cant help

Go out on mine yesterday (2nd day on a new to me pair -187 Enduro / Veneer). I'm loving them but wondering if they're too too long for me.

It's only in tight terrain where I have my doubts.

Gonna take these, my 182 Down CD 114s, and a pair of 186 Billy Goats to Utah in 6 days and hoping to sort this out.

Stay tuned.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Has anyone skied a -1 MVP? I've got a 193 all mountain twin that's coming up on end of life and thinking it might do well in that quiver spot.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Has anyone skied a -1 MVP? I've got a 193 all mountain twin that's coming up on end of life and thinking it might do well in that quiver spot.
    Thats a piste jib. Fun versatile all mountain twin. Only dif is pj is 3flex and mvp is 4flex