Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3003
    Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Og, those are beauties! What wood veneer is that, oak?
    Yep.

Praxis for life

So amped for winter now. Keep telling myself I'll be good with my current quiver for at least a couple years, but now I am already thinking about what's next, haha.

Great looking skis everybody, keep em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    The Black Mambas!

188 FRS

Fuck those are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Dog seems unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Dog seems unimpressed.
    Trying too hard to look cool ;-)

Damn! I need an excuse to spec out another ski, so I can have a Tsunami graphic. This is far better than collecting art.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Browsing the sale for, uh, reasons and a few of the new graphics are really good. I'm especially into the one on the MVP 108.

what's up with all the sales? Is the business in constant money flow issues during the off season, or what is the deal?

Don't get me wrong, I love discounted skis, but a pre-season sale with the new lineup makes zero sense from a business perspective imho. Now and the coming few months should be the months with the best margins, not over stock inventory type margins. I don't get it.

And yes, these are kinda nice too - a loooooooooooooot better than last year's that looked like a kids ski.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Protest_full_ski__00027.1631405808.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	386358

These at 650 are an absolute crazy deal - like, I should probably order a pair

Name:	FRS_Full_ski_2021__87294.1631292049.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	386359

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    what's up with all the sales? Is the business in constant money flow issues during the off season, or what is the deal?

Don't get me wrong, I love discounted skis, but a pre-season sale with the new lineup makes zero sense from a business perspective imho. Now and the coming few months should be the months with the best margins, not over stock inventory type margins. I don't get it ..
    Tough sledding for all businesses in this post(?) COVID environment, although this has been trending in this direction over the past couple of years. I was a bit saddened to see this sale (on behalf of the ongoing health of Praxis). Hopefully it supports the Praxis business in the long term.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-23-2021 at 07:47 PM.
    Galibier Design

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

These at 650 are an absolute crazy deal - like, I should probably order a pair

Name:	FRS_Full_ski_2021__87294.1631292049.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	386359
    My thoughts exactly, what a fucking deal!!!

I also have wondered, for some time now, how in the hell Keith stays in business at these kind of prices, shocking really. They make such high end and beautiful sticks that he could easily charge his full custom price and get the exclusivity markup clientele that keeps custom builders in business. I truly believe he’s just a skier first making skis for skiers, that or his marketing skills are just that horrendous, hell idk??? All I know for sure is, if you know what you like/want in a ski, there is no better deal or quality (or innovation) from anyone anywhere in the industry, and people should be supporting that in droves.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Browsing the sale for, uh, reasons and a few of the new graphics are really good. I'm especially into the one on the MVP 108.

Picked those up in a 183. Got the shipping confirmation and email from Keith today.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Isn't Praxis only selling direct to consumer? If they are moving good numbers through their website, their present discount would still be better than marketing, wholesale and distribution to retailers, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love discounted skis, but a pre-season sale with the new lineup makes zero sense from a business perspective imho. Now and the coming few months should be the months with the best margins, not over stock inventory type margins. I don't get it.
    It's probably because Keith makes so many skis that are >110 underfoot which nobody uses anymore according to the top industry experts
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Just picked up my new boards at the shop. Keith said that he wanted to move the skis out on sale so he could just go skiing for the winter. Slugger 185 with cherry print topsheet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2390.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	414.5 KB 
ID:	386550  
    Last edited by SailCat; 10-07-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Nice

there's a business plan even i can understand.

hehe, yolo

and def a super nice move to get people on quality skis for silly prices for being start/in-season. Amazing deals.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 09-25-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    there's a business plan even i can understand.
    This brings me vicarious joy. We turn our passion into a business and all too frequently, the flame gets snuffed out. Good on Keith!

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Keith rules. Can't thank him enough

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Total Praxis rookie question here; if someone likes a Volkl Katana or a Blizzard Cochise, what would be the Praxis equivalent?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Total Praxis rookie question here; if someone likes a Volkl Katana or a Blizzard Cochise, what would be the Praxis equivalent?

I haven't skied them, but the FRD is kinda the Praxis take on mid-width (106) big mountain ski with a fairly traditional mount point, longer sidecut, and flattish tail. They've got quite a bit of camber though.

Praxis RX

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I haven't skied them, but the FRD is kinda the Praxis take on mid-width (106) big mountain ski with a fairly traditional mount point, longer sidecut, and flattish tail. They've got quite a bit of camber though.
    The camber is probably a deal killer, I really like to low/reverse camber or at least a good amount of tip and tail rise.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Praxis RX

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Not sure if serious....

Freeride, for sure.
    Possibly RX or skinny RX, depending on typical conditions.

What would be good for a playful skier who skis at Palisades Tahoe?

Praxis Rx.