Page 77 of 121 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3003
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Anybody done a Pompei graphic over veneer? Might be too dark for the wood to pop, but could look cool?

Other options on the short list:

Powdah Snek White
    Cubes
    Stained Glass Mountains
    Tsunami
    Stained Glass Mountains/Trees under veneer looks very nice, imho:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-193-cm-flex-3

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Thanks. Curious as to length and mount point in each ski? I would go 184 in the RX or 187 in the GPO (given all the additional rocker 182 seems shortish in the GPO, my 9D8s are 185). I have a definite preference for a directional ski. I would also mount -1 or 2 cm on either. What is it about the GPO you prefer? From looking at the charts it would seem given the much shorter camber contact and turn radius that the GPO is more nimble and the RX is better at speed. Any thoughts on which would be a better compliment to my 184 Billy Goats?
    I like both. The rx still pivots ,with its longer radius and semi pintail, but the gpo pivots easier with the tip taper. Despite the rx pivoting fine it is more demanding when there isnt fresh snow everywhere. Gpo still has the powerful tail but with more challenging conditions itll pivot easier and the touch shorter radius makes it more friendly. I reach for my gpo or rx(mostly the gpo) after the fresh dump days on my BG. Gpo is a scalpel. Super fun edging around tricky conditions looking for leftover pow stashes. Put the power down and still have the abilithy to shut it down quickly anywhere. GPO and BG have been a great combo. I want to try a Quixote now, just to see. I like my gpo at -1. I mounted the rx at -1.2(hole conflict) but i'm finding i want those closer to recomended. No tip dive as is with the rx but the tail disappears occasionally at -1.2. Im thinking -.5 to recommended would be preferable, for me

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Generally, Keith's advice on this is that lighter, brighter colours come out better with veneer. I don't know if you've seen this thread for graphics: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...icture-Thread/

Pretty sure the Cubes is on there, looks awesome. Powda snake also looks sick. Have a look at these facebook albums that Keith linked back to when I was trying to figure out which veneer graphic to get (I went with modern graffiti on veneer since you didn't ask, some of the better looking skis I've ever had):

https://www.facebook.com/praxisskis/photos/a.10156934012256323/10156934013011323/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/pg/praxissk...54261156816323

https://www.facebook.com/pg/praxissk...57975393681323

https://www.facebook.com/pg/praxissk...56934012256323
    Nice, thanks. I have seen Cubes before, and agree it's awesome. I'll go through the thread in a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I like both. The rx still pivots ,with its longer radius and semi pintail, but the gpo pivots easier with the tip taper. Despite the rx pivoting fine it is more demanding when there isnt fresh snow everywhere. Gpo still has the powerful tail but with more challenging conditions itll pivot easier and the touch shorter radius makes it more friendly. I reach for my gpo or rx(mostly the gpo) after the fresh dump days on my BG. Gpo is a scalpel. Super fun edging around tricky conditions looking for leftover pow stashes. Put the power down and still have the abilithy to shut it down quickly anywhere. GPO and BG have been a great combo. I want to try a Quixote now, just to see. I like my gpo at -1. I mounted the rx at -1.2(hole conflict) but i'm finding i want those closer to recomended. No tip dive as is with the rx but the tail disappears occasionally at -1.2. Im thinking -.5 to recommended would be preferable, for me

�� What length do you ski in each?

interestingly in comparing the 184 BG to the 184 RX and 187 GPO the BG has substantially more effective edge (camber contact) than both the Praxis skis.

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Stained Glass Mountains/Trees under veneer looks very nice, imho:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-193-cm-flex-3
    +1 on the Stained.Glass Mountain on Veneer. My Q has this graphic and I absolutely love the way it turned out. Keith did advise that graphics w more white space show the veneer better, but this works well also.

�� What length do you ski in each?

interestingly in comparing the 184 BG to the 184 RX and 187 GPO the BG has substantially more effective edge (camber contact) than both the Praxis skis.
    179 rx , 182 gpo and 179 bg. I mainly just notice the overall length. The bg and gpo are essentially the same length. The rx feels a touch short but is fine for me. At speed i find i can overpower the bg before i overpower the gpo. The layup makes the bg more damp than the map core gpo but the 4 flex gpo feels slightly stiffer than the bg. Hard to fault the bg or gpo but if i could tweak anything i might add a tiny bit of stiffness to the bg and my next gpo will be heavy hitter core with veneer

Probably doesn’t need to be said, but just in case, 184 BG is about 3cm longer than the 184 RX.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    179 rx , 182 gpo and 179 bg. I mainly just notice the overall length. The bg and gpo are essentially the same length. The rx feels a touch short but is fine for me. At speed i find i can overpower the bg before i overpower the gpo. The layup makes the bg more damp than the map core gpo but the 4 flex gpo feels slightly stiffer than the bg. Hard to fault the bg or gpo but if i could tweak anything i might add a tiny bit of stiffness to the bg and my next gpo will be heavy hitter core with veneer

Very interesting. The GPO with MAP core and 102cm effective edge versus RX with HH core and 121cm effective edge. Looking at the numbers and core difference your description of each skis behavior and their differences is what I would anticipate.

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Probably doesn’t need to be said, but just in case, 184 BG is about 3cm longer than the 184 RX.
    In a straight tape pull (ON3P method) my 185cm 9D8s measure 183.7cm. I would assume a similar straight tape pull would yield around a 182.5ish length for the 184cm RX.

Custom sale is on! Same 3 levels of customization as last year.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

^^ And now there's a 185 cm option for a custom BC!

The order is in: RX Custom
    (Length (CM): 184, Topsheet Graphic Art: Stained Glass MTN, Wood Veneer Top Upgrade: Maple (+$150), Flex Adjustment: Standard Flex)

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Which core did you go with?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    ^^ And now there's a 185 cm option for a custom BC!
    damn. that is SUCH a great shape and now the perfect in-between length. I'm tempted to build a resort version. 185cm, HH/carbon/veneer would be money.

Looks like a new MVP shape.

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    Looks like a new MVP shape.
    There is a new MVP?

Slightly more side cut, tighter radius, but more camber.

I had a falling out a couple years ago, and I remember a few people thought I got mad at Praxis?? Although I was mad at a few different things, mag members, other brands, etc..Praxis was NOT one of them. Definitely not. I think some people got confused because I sold all my Praxis at that point, simply because I sold all my skis and got away from skiing for a couple years.

I don't think anyone really cares, I just wanted to clarify that. At no point have I ever not loved Praxis.

Thinking about a custom order as we speak.

How long will the sale last?

Slightly more side cut, tighter radius, but more camber.
    Can you post a link? Couldn’t find anything on their site or newsletter about it.

Feeling pretty good about having a pair of the older 187s and 193s lying about. I love that ski.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    How long will the sale last?
    Did you mount SSLs to your Protests?

Not that it matters, but I'm giving serious consideration to a UL BPS with some light binders

... Thom.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Can you post a link? Couldn’t find anything on their site or newsletter about it.

Feeling pretty good about having a pair of the older 187s and 193s lying about. I love that ski.
    https://www.praxisskis.com/custom-sk...vp-108-custom/

Agreed, I have a pair of 193’s and it’s my favorite soft snow ski ever, so I’ll be looking to hoard a few older pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Did you mount SSLs to your Protests?

Not that it matters, but I'm giving serious consideration to a UL BPS with some light binders

... Thom.
    I did. Skied them quite a bit. Now I want UL protests. You've heard me complain about "slow snow" when meadow skipping on my UL GPO's. Not an issue with the Protests. Now I'm convinced that if you're a BC skier in CO who doesn't think he can outsmart PWLs, you owe it to yourself to get something fat. Big ass skis may low angle terrain more fun. It's not about float. It's about speed.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I did. Skied them quite a bit. Now I want UL protests. You've heard me complain about "slow snow" when meadow skipping on my UL GPO's. Not an issue with the Protests. Now I'm convinced that if you're a BC skier in CO who doesn't think he can outsmart PWLs, you owe it to yourself to get something fat. Big ass skis may low angle terrain more fun. It's not about float. It's about speed.
    x2 - sketchy avy conditions make fat skis that much more fun in the bc - they make 25-30* slopes ski alot faster

Currently on bmt 122's for fat touring days, but enjoying skiing tlt7's that are almost 2cm shorter than my solly's. Figure rather than put a third set of heel holes in the bmt's, i pretty much *need* to get some ul protests...

https://www.praxisskis.com/custom-sk...vp-108-custom/

Agreed, I have a pair of 193’s and it’s my favorite soft snow ski ever, so I’ll be looking to hoard a few older pairs.
    I was planning on unloading a pair of veneer 193s once the season is over. 1 mount, maybe 10 days on em, great condition. Let me know if you're interested