Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by s-domini View Post
    Right. Nice one. Keep forgetting about that ski as I’ve been so stuck on Praxis + ON3P.

Have you skied the newer versions? Shop up the street has last years for 50 off which I could use right now.
    Only the 190 Bibby from back when they weighed ~2300g/ski. The Wildcat got lighter for a few years, but they're back to around the old weight for this year.

But yeah, it sounds like what you're looking for (maybe in the 184 though). Very good in chop, semi-charge-y but also much, much more playful than the classic directional charger sort of ski. Big sweet spot, tolerates a variety of stances.

Want something more loose and jibby than Quixote or BG, more versatile and flexible for non-epic days than Protest, more chargeable and stable than GPO.
    Yeah that's a 190 bibby. I find my 188 q's actually slightly faster to break loose into a slarve than the 2013 bibbys I rode for ~5 years, but the bibbys are more flexible on turn shapes and so at moderate speeds feel 'looser' / not as demanding

don't be afraid to go 190 at your size, especially on the newer years. you'll have fun

Yeah that was on the list, but don’t think it has the versatility and ability to rail like the Q.

Was going to build up another Q cause that ski does so much so well, but ultimately held off for something more slippery and jibby

116 Woodsman maybe? But not sure how loose that ski is
    Some would disagree about the versatility bit.

You're asking for both "ability to rail" and "loose", which mostly oppose... though some skis aim for the balance. Jeffrey is one of them, with a more centered stance and true twin but sidecut that rails when tipped over. All mountain jib.

FRS? -6cm mark on that but the radius maybe a bit longer

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Meh, sounds like Naners to me but to each their own. I think the FRS looks stoopid fun! Although if I bought a pair I would have a hard time not going CCR or at least flat camber, but that’s when shit gets expensive after the presale (and I doubt the 4mm of camber will make them any less fun, but certainly a little less frictional). Still anxiously waiting for someone with some time on the Kusalas to give an opinion here. They look badass but I don’t know if anyone is going to describe them as playful or jibby.

Sent it
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I ordered the Kusalas but was considering an FRS and also a 4FRNT Renegade. I’ve had an MVP in the past and always thought it was a great pow ski, when the +10cm options came out (and now the FRS) I’ve always thought that would be a fantastic big ski in my quiver.

Ultimately I came to the Kusala as a great middle ground between a Protest and Renegade.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Only the 190 Bibby from back when they weighed ~2300g/ski. The Wildcat got lighter for a few years, but they're back to around the old weight for this year.

But yeah, it sounds like what you're looking for (maybe in the 184 though). Very good in chop, semi-charge-y but also much, much more playful than the classic directional charger sort of ski. Big sweet spot, tolerates a variety of stances.
    Thanks HAB, yeah sounds like the Wildcat could check all the boxes. 1 pair of 19/20’s at local shop too so killer price

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Yeah that's a 190 bibby. I find my 188 q's actually slightly faster to break loose into a slarve than the 2013 bibbys I rode for ~5 years, but the bibbys are more flexible on turn shapes and so at moderate speeds feel 'looser' / not as demanding

don't be afraid to go 190 at your size, especially on the newer years. you'll have fun
    Biggest ski I’ve owned since my 205cm Kastle Speedmachines in ‘90s is 188 Protests but reading up and that 190 doesn’t sound too unwieldy. Found a 184 on sale so prob go with that if I go Wildcat but thanks for input sruffian

190 is not unwieldy. FWIW I'm 6', 170ish and mostly ski stuff in the 186-192 range.

Biggest ski I’ve owned since my 205cm Kastle Speedmachines in ‘90s is 188 Protests but reading up and that 190 doesn’t sound too unwieldy. Found a 184 on sale so prob go with that if I go Wildcat but thanks for input sruffian
    Oh and I should clarify, I think Qs tails are super easy to break loose and love that balance they have between chargeable and slarve-y.

But agree with other folks that they ski like a much narrower ski. I think the Qs should have been 110-112 and positioned more as all mountain Deathwish type ski as their ONLY weakness IMO is surfyness in super deep pow and especially at lower angle slower speeds - which is why I’m looking for something more playful for deep days

I think my Q’s are super surfy and easy to slarve in pow, especially with the shorter length (in on 182s). Their only sin to me is the lack of float/tip dive in deep/heavy snow (for a ski that’s 118mm underfoot). They actually do a great job in what I’d say would be a 110mm underfoot one ski quiver type ski

Looking forward to getting on my 182 skinny Qs. Heavy core flex 3 and hoping they will be an excellent DD.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Forgot to note: 2280g/ski (the two skis were within 15 grams!)

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    188 FRS. Ordered during custom sale, but went stock everything. Still in the plastic.

The shape and camber profile look sooooooo money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Forgot to note: 2280g/ski (the two skis were within 15 grams!)
    Keith must have had an intern lay that pair up, all of my Praxii are within 5 grams of each other.

Yeah that was on the list, but don’t think it has the versatility and ability to rail like the Q.

Was going to build up another Q cause that ski does so much so well, but ultimately held off for something more slippery and jibby

116 Woodsman maybe? But not sure how loose that ski is
    Are you talking about the 108 or the 116? I think the Jeffrey 108 is the Jeep of the ski quiver. It does everything pretty good, can take a ripe ol’ beating, pretty playful, can be pretty chargy if you want it to be. I would say it’s my second favorite ski, and I still don’t know what my favorite ski is.

Anyway, get the Kusala.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8513.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	341342these were just delivered to my office. 187 GPOs birch veneer with No 6 graphic. Flex 4. Thanks IRul for the design idea
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Super dope veneer. Love a clean original naked look. Enjoy!

That's mostly printed graphic you're seeing. Personally, I think it's a sin to put something that busy on a veneer. Not my money though.

Yup not your money nor your skis. Probably a sin to fuck your mom as well. Guess i'm just a sinner.

I'm happy with how they turned out. It is very close to what I was hoping for. Debated on just going veneer and no graphic at all but wasn't sure how dark they would come out. Most of my other skis are bright in color and I was looking for something darker and a bit more subtle. Going to pair up great with gold Pivot 15's. My only concern is with the 187. Probably should have gone 192.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Yup not your money nor your skis. Probably a sin to fuck your mom as well. Guess i'm just a sinner.

I'm happy with how they turned out. It is very close to what I was hoping for. Debated on just going veneer and no graphic at all but wasn't sure how dark they would come out. Most of my other skis are bright in color and I was looking for something darker and a bit more subtle. Going to pair up great with gold Pivot 15's. My only concern is with the 187. Probably should have gone 192.
    I dig ‘em. As short as they ski, 192 absolutely.
    Unless you tiny.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 09-26-2020 at 01:58 PM.

I would not have gone longer with my GPOs. I’m 5’10 180lb though

5'10" and I rode the 192s for quite a few years. Great ski.

5'8 and 192s have been my daily driver since 2013. Every couple hundred turns I might wish they were shorter but they're easy to ski.
    My friend's getting 182 or 187s that I'm curious to try

^ these two know whats up.

My much anticipated spring order has arrived. 9D8's, 185cm, #4 flex, heavy hitter core, ski for low/no new snow days in Colorado. After a bad experience with another custom ski manufacturer (flex so soft the skis were unskiable) I was a bit anxious how the skis would turn out. I needn't have been. Keith's recommendation based on the description of the flex I was looking for was spot on! I am also very happy with my top sheet choice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praxis.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	636.0 KB 
ID:	341739  

Firstly, hats off to UTPowder for the nice zinger in response to my comment about his boards. My new Quixotes arrived this afternoon.

182cm, flex 3, enduro core w/carbon laminate, oak veneer. Per my Escali kitchen scale, they weigh 1987g a piece.

Next to them are my skinny Q's, which are 181cm, flex 3, heavy core w/carbon, cherry veneer. Mounted with G3 Ion's with brakes and ski crampon dongle, they come in at 2544g and 2550g, so about 1850-1900g per ski. I didn't weigh the skinny pair before mounting them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2875.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	947.7 KB 
ID:	341912