Page 39 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    not for sale at this time but should that change I'll let you know
    Haa im thinking theres no chsnce. Great to hear a review though. Im not sure but a buddy and my self were under the impression that the veneer added a touch of stiffness but seemed to settle in after a number of days. Maybe not and we just adjusted. Definitely more damp though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Thought it was pretty interesting that Tabke’s phat MVP’s had extra rocker, wonder if Keith would do that for other models, or if he does that for every phat MVP, or if that’s just a Tabke special? I mean I’m sure he’d build you what ever you want, obviously the CCR option has been around for a very long time, just has me thinking too much. I’m sure these are all the Goldilocks options that put him in a rough spot but damn it sure does open up even more options than there already are
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    a buddy and my self were under the impression that the veneer added a touch of stiffness but seemed to settle in after a number of days.
    That was my experience on my Flex 3 enduro veneer GPOs

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

well my woos could settle and I’d live with it. fun setup day 2 and ~7500’ in. weird snow, crust, no big deal. gonna try a 10k on them this weekend and we’ll see how they do.

I swore I was not going to get any more skis as I don’t need anymore and still love my first gen custom 192 GPOs but would I love heavy core 192 GPOs with veneer...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Thought it was pretty interesting that Tabke’s phat MVP’s had extra rocker, wonder if Keith would do that for other models, or if he does that for every phat MVP, or if that’s just a Tabke special? I mean I’m sure he’d build you what ever you want, obviously the CCR option has been around for a very long time, just has me thinking too much. I’m sure these are all the Goldilocks options that put him in a rough spot but damn it sure does open up even more options than there already are
    Where did you read about tabkes MVPs?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Where did you read about tabkes MVPs?
    I read about it on the Instagrams. He won on a "187 +10 ultralight core 3 flex extra rocker"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I read about it on the Instagrams. He won on a "187 +10 ultralight core 3 flex extra rocker"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but all the bad asses here who check the "better than Tabke" box on the custom order form require heavy hitter/flex #5 ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Hmmm is extra rocker different than CCR?

Doesn’t adjusting the rocker also impact sidecut and effective edge? Seems like adding extra rocker would impact a lot of other aspects of the shape no? Rather than something that could just be slapped onto any shape / ski?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yeah, but all the bad asses here who check the "better than Tabke" box on the custom order form require heavy hitter/flex #5 ;-)

... Thom
    Well he and hoji are the most balanced skiers in the world so it’s not that surprising that he’s fine on a flex 3 UL.

Flex 3 or 3+ is the sweet spot in Keith's flex scale, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Well he and hoji are the most balanced skiers in the world so it’s not that surprising that he’s fine on a flex 3 UL.
    This ^^^^

May belong in a different thread, but one thing I notice on the days I ride my bent chetlers in bounds is that they really require good balance, agility and a lighter touch.

Elevates my respect for athletes like durschti and mcnutt who do they stuff they can do on light skis.

Where as a heavy hitter praxis or an On3p — you can just ski anything balanced or not without consequences.

So, I love my On3p and praxis builds. But a goal for the future is to ski with that “lighter touch”

Am I alone here? Anyone else notice this?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Keith said they are adjusting the MVP for next year with some of these changes. He said tip shape and rocker adjustments.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I swore I was not going to get any more skis as I don’t need anymore and still love my first gen custom 192 GPOs but would I love heavy core 192 GPOs with veneer...

If I can’t get another set of lahasas I’ll be ordering these.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Keith said they are adjusting the MVP for next year with some of these changes. He said tip shape and rocker adjustments.
    That makes a LOT more sense, thanks!! Personally I think I would enjoy that on that ski, it’s def a little more business than playful.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

My experience has been that if tabke is skiing it, it's pretty much fire. Protest, gpo's, quixote's...

If they do bring it to market, I hope the just call it "The Tabski" or, even more directly, "Praxis FWT Model" and not "MVP + 10" or something. No marketing genius I just hope keith can stay in business

Interesting to see your woo's, mall walker. I got rid of gpo's in an ul layup because they were 3 flex and, while dialed for tree skiing were not quite as much ski as I wanted in big alpine settings (I'm also heavier and a probs a shittier skier). I copped a pair of bmt 122's which do both really well, but at that weight ratio those woo's really have me thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    No marketing genius I just hope keith can stay in business
    Not to get too personal but is that an issue? I figured with that successful of a ski company he'd be making bookoo bucks.

They should call it the “DH”
    Designated Hitter

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Not to get too personal but is that an issue? I figured with that successful of a ski company he'd be making bookoo bucks.
    The guy produces a few hundred pairs of skis per season, tops. He's a craftsman, not an industrialist. Do the math.

And it's beaucoup.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Interesting to see your woo's, mall walker. I got rid of gpo's in an ul layup because they were 3 flex and, while dialed for tree skiing were not quite as much ski as I wanted in big alpine settings (I'm also heavier and a probs a shittier skier). I copped a pair of bmt 122's which do both really well, but at that weight ratio those woo's really have me thinking...
    Take my review of them with a grain of salt; I haven't had real alpine gear in over a decade, and I ski < 5 days/season inbounds (on tele gear no less) compared to 125+ in the bc. My heaviest skis last season were ~1450g/ski with clamps... soo, the Woos are almost a pound a foot heavier and 10mm+ wider than anything I've been on recently. To me they feel super burly, but some of this is surely just what I'm comparing them to. They certainly both pick up speed quick and scrub speed quick, I anticipate no problems opening it up in big terrain with them, but I ski 85%+ NW/N/NE facing Utah snow so...

I detuned the SHIT out of them today, so hopefully they're a little less grabby, and will see how they behave in the new stuff coming down tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

If there is a spring sale I'll be ordering veneer heavy core GPO for backups. Now that I have a bunch of days on my heavy core skis I can say that it is money for resort conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The guy produces a few hundred pairs of skis per season, tops. He's a craftsman, not an industrialist. Do the math.

And it's beaucoup.
    A couple years back, when Praxis was OEM for a couple other indy ski brands, he mentioned he can feasibly manage 1,000 skis a season and that trying to do more didn’t work for his model. Not sure what numbers he’s doing now but based on online inventory it looks like a lot less than that.

And a couple months ago he was pretty open about Praxis’ ability to continue operations at the price point he wants to keep his skis at - which is super tight margins. He’s certainly not doing this for the money and really just wants to make the best skis on the market for cool peeps at easy prices. That’s a big ask of a small manufacturer with no real capital backing the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by s-domini View Post
    A couple years back, when Praxis was OEM for a couple other indy ski brands, he mentioned he can feasibly manage 1,000 skis a season and that trying to do more didn’t work for his model. Not sure what numbers he’s doing now but based on online inventory it looks like a lot less than that.

And a couple months ago he was pretty open about Praxis’ ability to continue operations at the price point he wants to keep his skis at - which is super tight margins. He’s certainly not doing this for the money and really just wants to make the best skis on the market for cool peeps at easy prices. That’s a big ask of a small manufacturer with no real capital backing the brand.
    Which is why it's really a "tell all your friends" situation. While we certainly do our part here, if we can get 2 or 3 friends and family to custom order in the spring I think that would be a small way to help Keith out for all that he has done and continues to do making some awesome skis.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    If there is a spring sale I'll be ordering veneer heavy core GPO for backups. Now that I have a bunch of days on my heavy core skis I can say that it is money for resort conditions.
    You and I usually dig the same skis and I can’t remember but I know some mags totally dug the heavy core with carbon - was that your build...? To date my GPOs are still my favorite skis for versatility but grab my ON3P Supergoats as I like their crud busting abilities more for late day cut up POW and post storm... GPOs are ok here but get knocked around more than the SGs... The heavy core I know would address this and will probably mount -1 but am curious about the carbon... I figured you, Eskido, Muggy or SuperC could weigh in...

Heavy + carbon yes.

$$$$$