Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    So much pressure....

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    315mm BSL, mounted with Jesters

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Bring them to Alpental
    Iím in!

If ego7man was skiing them in bariloche this august, he mobs. Might be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    MVPs arrived a while ago. Never posted a photo. 183 enduro, ambrosia veneer, 3+, touring setup. If they fail that, park and bumps. Rocker is subtle. Need some g3 zeds...

Attachment 245556
    Hell yeah nice to see these Chicken. They look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ah, that should put me in front of his midsole a touch. Shouldn’t matter much on performance.
    By like 5mm Completely unnoticeable, IME, speaking as someone with a 303-307 bsl who has swapped loads with people in the 315 range.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Anxious for my 9D8ís oldest daughter 143 +10 le petite and littlest 131cm special 100 underfoot pow skis.

Come on snow

I rip the groomed on tele gear

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

For my final ski purchase for the upcoming season, I realized last night that I wanted something slightly more versatile than other pow specific skis. Had been eying 188 Armada Bubbas, and 190 DPS L138, among others. Gave the Praxis site one last look and found these for sale!

Attachment 246926

Glad I went local, American made, and bomber construction. I was kicking myself in the ass for not customizing a pair of these this spring. I was going to customize a heavy core, #4, but realized I didnt need another inbounds powder hard charger, after selling SGs, 191 C&Ds, and still having 189 BGs, Rx, and 196 Governors. These standard enduro #3s seem perfect for a 50/50 ski.

If I love the shape in heavier snow as much as I think I will, next year Iíll customize a heavy resort version and possibly sell the 189 BGs.

Attachment 246928

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 09-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.

^Those the Bubinga 192 protests? I saw those and salivated a little bit. Should be an awesome ski, Identical to what I own (although I have bird's eye veneer and different graphic). You'll enjoy them

Nicely done, addict!

Protests are amazing skis. You're gonna dig 'em.

Ya they are the Bubinga wood. This is my first veneer ski! Why the heck havenít I done this before? I still like the nylon topsheets, but these woodies are fkn mesmorizing!

They are hypnotizing me.. ďbuy more veneers next timeĒ..

Keith and I (and in convos wit 2funky) were a little afraid of the #3 flex inbounds at my weight, but I was surprised to find out they were significantly stiffer than all the K2ís I have skied and loved over the years. They are almost as stiff and heavy as the 196 Governors, which are inbounds chargers, but feel a bit softer than Wildcats/Rx/BGs.

I have high hopes for these both in the resort and in the backcountry.

Question is, do I mount shifts? Or inserts/plates for alpine binders and lighter weight dynafiddlers.

So nice! can't wait to get mine

Damn. I really hope you need a flex #4.

But only cause I want to own those and am too cheap to buy new.

Sweet sticks.

I've only got a handful of days on my 187s. More than any other ski I've been on in deep snow (main comparisons are Lhasas and Bibbys) -- whatever I think they do. Magic.

Those are damn sexy Betel.
    P.S. They rule in heavy snow. If I was you I would mount them -2.

Has anyone compared the Maple/Ash/paulownia cores to the new Maple/Ash/Aspen cores? Just wondering

Those veneers are sick. Anyone know why the list of veneers produced is larger than the options offered in the custom part of the website?

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Those veneers are sick. Anyone know why the list of veneers produced is larger than the options offered in the custom part of the website?
    Great question as some of the veneers Iíve seen and would have loved to had on my custom ProTest were not on the custom order sheet. Bummed but not the end of the world.

I have high hopes for these both in the resort and in the backcountry.

Question is, do I mount shifts? Or inserts/plates for alpine binders and lighter weight dynafiddlers.
    Those sticks are dope AF for sure! My vote would be to give the shifts a whirl. I personally think those sticks are a little lrg for something as lightweight as youíre talking (donít think either Beast is something youíre thinking if your planning alpine inserts as well) and a little lrg to really do any sort of long tours on but Iím totally in favor of your thought process cuz Protests kill it in the OB! Iíd give CAST a long thought as well if you have the boots for em. Great score on the Protests, Iíd be pretty blown away if you donít love em
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Great question as some of the veneers I’ve seen and would have loved to had on my custom ProTest were not on the custom order sheet. Bummed but not the end of the world.
    if you decide you just can't bear it, I will be happy to dispose of them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    if you decide you just can't bear it, I will be happy to dispose of them for you.
    Lol. Nah bro. Love my sticks.

Those are damn sexy Betel.
    P.S. They rule in heavy snow. If I was you I would mount them -2.
    Oh no. Iím mounting these right on recommended. I always go by recommended and never have been disappointed. Cant start now. -8 seems perfect, thats where my Rx are.

Iím really surprised and excited by the camber profile of the ProTests. It looks so versatile. The shape looks super loose, but the camber profile looks to have some grip. 75% of R/R pivotyness, with normal ski grip? Me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Those sticks are dope AF for sure! My vote would be to give the shifts a whirl. I personally think those sticks are a little lrg for something as lightweight as youíre talking (donít think either Beast is something youíre thinking if your planning alpine inserts as well) and a little lrg to really do any sort of long tours on but Iím totally in favor of your thought process cuz Protests kill it in the OB! Iíd give CAST a long thought as well if you have the boots for em. Great score on the Protests, Iíd be pretty blown away if you donít love em
    How realistic is it to buy one pair of shifts, and do inserts in two different pairs of skis, and just swap the shifts around depending on the day? Is it bad to screw and unscrew them all the time?

Oh no. Iím mounting these right on recommended. I always go by recommended and never have been disappointed. Cant start now. -8 seems perfect, thats where my Rx are.

Ok. Line it is. Just a suggestion since like 98% of ProTest users like them mounted back of recommended.

Damnit. Now you got me (over)thinking about this

Where is Galibier Numero Un on this?

Damnit. Now you got me (over)thinking about this

Where is Galibier Numero Un on this?

I mounted my Protests on the line and love em. Never felt like I needed to move back at all.

I was line with my first pair of 192s, my second Iím at -1.25. And Iím a decently smaller dude than you and ski with a centered stance, if that tells you anything. At your size Iíd be -1.5 to -2

^^^ Yes. -1.5 to -2