Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3008
    I want my Piste Jibs back from Self Jupiter.

Just sayin'.

Still looking for some 18something MVPs. I'm trying hard not to ski anything but Praxis.

Passed on the sluggers?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Passed on the sluggers?

For now....I'm no good at looking a ski on paper and photos and know how it will ski. That said, my age, style and desires makes me think I want something looser with more rocker. Of coarse, I could be very wrong.

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I want my Piste Jibs back from Self Jupiter.

Just sayin'.
    Sorry man! I love those skis so much, I’m always getting compliments in the lift line and asked for change. Think I’ve put ~100 days on them and they’re still good as new. Picked up another custom set, this one has a 4 flex, enduro core and GPO top$heet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638298142.775579.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	394645

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Still looking for some 18something MVPs. I'm trying hard not to ski anything but Praxis.
    I want something looser with more rocker.
    MVPs are quite loose in my opinion, but they’ll engage on edge when you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Sorry man! I love those skis so much, I’m always getting compliments in the lift line and asked for change. Think I’ve put ~100 days on them and they’re still good as new. Picked up another custom set, this one has a 4 flex, enduro core and GPO top$heet.

Name:	Image1638298142.775579.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	394645
    Nice! I will be ordering another pair.
    WTF is wrong with me and those skis? I have a pair, I love them, then I think "I should try X ski" and sell, only to replace again.

Name:	IMG_1783.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	394663

The way you guys feel about your Piste Jibs is the way I feel about my GPOs…. My OGs are still killing it but could not pass up the Veneers for what Keith was selling for….

I mounted my OGs on the line and never had an issue but with all of the recs I am going to mount the new ones -1…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I admit this is getting into the weeds a bit. The RX specs say -8 mount point which translates to -7.6 on a straight tape pull. Which makes sense given my 184s are 182.2 on a straight tape pull. When I finally get around to mounting them go back -1 or -1.5 to hit -9?

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    I admit this is getting into the weeds a bit. The RX specs say -8 mount point which translates to -7.6 on a straight tape pull. Which makes sense given my 184s are 182.2 on a straight tape pull. When I finally get around to mounting them go back -1 or -1.5 to hit -9?
    I liked my gpo's and piste jibs @ -1 and protests @-1.5 so i mounted my rx' @ -1 . -1 was too far back on the rx. If i had to do it again id go on the dimple

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I liked my gpo's and piste jibs @ -1 and protests @-1.5 so i mounted my rx' @ -1 . -1 was too far back on the rx. If i had to do it again id go on the dimple

I am going through a similar thought process. I have my 9D8s at -1 and really like them there. My Billy Goats are OTL, but that is -9 I believe, had a pair of last years Woodsman 116s mounted OTL and learned I really don't like anything as far forward as -6. Based on all that I figured going back at least 1 made sense for my skiing style.

Been sifting through the thread reading bits and pieces, but can anyone here share their experience with the stock (UL, Veneer) Backcountry in crappy BC snow? Extra points for comparisons to the voile lineup. I'm in the market for a new daily touring ski. Something light enough to walk a little farther to look for questionable soft snow. I have Lotus 120s for pow days. I'll be skiing the Backcountrys with a fairly soft boot so any comments on how difficult to ski/stout they are would also be appreciated. I'm about ready to pull trig but just want some first hand info..

I am going through a similar thought process. I have my 9D8s at -1 and really like them there. My Billy Goats are OTL, but that is -9 I believe, had a pair of last years Woodsman 116s mounted OTL and learned I really don't like anything as far forward as -6. Based on all that I figured going back at least 1 made sense for my skiing style.
    Its the slight pintail to the rx. I found that at -1 the tails disappeared. I had to concentrate on keeping my weight on the front of the ski rather than just ski. Really liked the ski but i can see it just being more intuitive at recommended mount point. Had that feeling on my on3p caylors as well but theyre not pintail at all. The deep tail rocker made the tail disappear on those when mounted behind recommended. My point is that i think its more than just the mount point. I liked all my praxis touring models on the dimple ,and up until the rx', all my standard praxis models -1(ptest -1.5). BG's on the dot or +/-.5 worked without issue

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Been sifting through the thread reading bits and pieces, but can anyone here share their experience with the stock (UL, Veneer) Backcountry in crappy BC snow? Extra points for comparisons to the voile lineup. I'm in the market for a new daily touring ski. Something light enough to walk a little farther to look for questionable soft snow. I have Lotus 120s for pow days. I'll be skiing the Backcountrys with a fairly soft boot so any comments on how difficult to ski/stout they are would also be appreciated. I'm about ready to pull trig but just want some first hand info..
    I find the ul praxis touring skis quite good in crappy bc snow. I think its when you build a wider ski in the ul build that you'll find them not as stable. I love my ul gpo for touring but i take those when its pow. On the hill theyre hard to control with the ul build and pintech bindings. My ul veneer exp with dynfits was awesome ripping around the hill in any condition. I havent had ul yetis or bc's but they were fine ripping around the hill with the og models with carbon. Both are on the list to get back on in the new ul veneer build. Most likely be ul veneer yeti. That covers the missing exp and bc for me

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I have the BC UL veneer in 180. The only time I want something different concerning crappy snow would be in sastrugi, and then I would just basically want a straighter side cut, but I wouldn’t want that in basically every other condition. I ski them in old Dynafit TLT5P’s. Super easy to ski. For me, they’re a great combination of having the ability to carve but will release when you want. Pic because they’re pretty

Name:	Image1638378997.878267.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	992.9 KB 
ID:	394793
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

If you're okay with sizing up, i've got some veneer 193s in GS

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I have the BC UL veneer in 180. The only time I want something different concerning crappy snow would be in sastrugi, and then I would just basically want a straighter side cut, but I wouldn’t want that in basically every other condition. I ski them in old Dynafit TLT5P’s. Super easy to ski. For me, they’re a great combination of having the ability to carve but will release when you want. Pic because they’re pretty

This is what I was wondering re: sidecut. My current skis are Voile superchargers with a 19m turn and a 140mm tip. The tips are pretty hooky in anything less than smooth, I think I just prefer a longer slarve. The BC looks a fair bit looser with a 131mm tip at the same waist width and their 23m radius. Should be good for all types of soft-ish conditions. Gonna send it.

Yup, 23 is a good compromise. My Lhasa Pows are basically straight, so you have to skid every turn shorter than a World Cup downhill course.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    MVPs are quite loose in my opinion, but they’ll engage on edge when you want them to.
    I agree on the mvp being loose but I never thought it was an easy ski to ride. Took a while to figure it out and it was fun but ultimately not one of my favorites. I think the main thing is I never like how much tail there was on the ski.

Not the same category but I'd grab my sluggers before the mvp most days.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its the slight pintail to the rx. I found that at -1 the tails disappeared. I had to concentrate on keeping my weight on the front of the ski rather than just ski. Really liked the ski but i can see it just being more intuitive at recommended mount point. Had that feeling on my on3p caylors as well but theyre not pintail at all. The deep tail rocker made the tail disappear on those when mounted behind recommended. My point is that i think its more than just the mount point. I liked all my praxis touring models on the dimple ,and up until the rx', all my standard praxis models -1(ptest -1.5). BG's on the dot or +/-.5 worked without issue

Very interesting observations. How would you describe your skiing style? Balanced? Tip driver? Older school directional? As an example I am definitely a directional skier who prefers to ski through the tips on most anything other than 3D snow.

Very interesting observations. How would you describe your skiing style? Balanced? Tip driver? Older school directional? As an example I am definitely a directional skier who prefers to ski through the tips on most anything other than 3D snow.
    I guess id be a directional skier that has edged slightly forward when i bought my gpo when they first came out. I dont ski switch but i like the more even edge pressure tip/tail when carving and quicker pivot and slash the little bit forward mount gives. Directional but i dont want to be locked in there. I want to play but at the same time i dont want my tips diving so im not looking to be too far forward

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    I agree on the mvp being loose but I never thought it was an easy ski to ride. Took a while to figure it out and it was fun but ultimately not one of my favorites. I think the main thing is I never like how much tail there was on the ski.

Not the same category but I'd grab my sluggers before the mvp most days.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    It’s a tough ski to recommend, reviews are all over the place. Did you detune them? I detuned the shit out of mine at the contact points and past the rocker line and I don’t keep any of the edges very sharp.

IME the MVP (193s) was instantly intuitive and easy to ski but I really get along with an appx ~6cm mount point, likely because I had skied and owned a bunch of 4frnts that respond to the same ski stance and style. I skied them right after getting off some 184 Head Monster 108s and I don’t think I’ve purchased a ski with a more traditional mount point since, despite my preference for Stockli skis around the early 2010s. Similar to Grinch’s comments above, personally I prefer to slash and pivot around on a more ‘’modern’’ mount point ski with a straighter side cut in soft snow vs using a ski with a radius that feels like it’s locking me into a turn shape. I don’t want anything to do with a big tip in soft snow. I’m also short (5’7’’) and ymmv.

Figuring out how to get them to carve groomers was challenging, the 187 length is a bit easier to do that. I can’t get them to lay trenches like I could with a 4frnt Devastator (25M radius and no tip/tail taper on that ski). But the MVP is way more floaty and fun than the Devs in powder, particularly in tight spots. I think it’s perfect for most of the ‘’powder’’ days we get in New England.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 12-02-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Not here, typically, but I guess it needs repeating that Praxis come from the factory extremely sharp tip-to-tail. I read Praxis reviews wondering if they left them that way.

Not here, typically, but I guess it needs repeating that Praxis come from the factory extremely sharp tip-to-tail. I read Praxis reviews wondering if they left them that way.
    The Protests that I bought this year were sharp tip tail. I detuned a bunch before I even got around to mounting them.

Hey PlugB, is that Spire Gully in the pic?