Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I was planning on unloading a pair of veneer 193s once the season is over. 1 mount, maybe 10 days on em, great condition. Let me know if you're interested
    PM’d

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Which core did you go with?
    Enduro #4 flex

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I did. Skied them quite a bit. Now I want UL protests. You've heard me complain about "slow snow" when meadow skipping on my UL GPO's. Not an issue with the Protests. Now I'm convinced that if you're a BC skier in CO who doesn't think he can outsmart PWLs, you owe it to yourself to get something fat. Big ass skis may low angle terrain more fun. It's not about float. It's about speed.
    Been chatting quite a bit with @grinch (he's a bad influence) and he pointed out that BPS is a fat GPO with a more rearward mount, longer turn radius, and that crazy compound camber.

With the custom sale, I can configure it with std. camber.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

That sounds like a pretty good idea^^^

although quite a bit less taper in tip/tail than the GPO.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Anyone else have experience with the RX 116? They aren't bad skis, but I prefer BGs. RX felt a lot lighter than the BGs, they're fun in the air and whipping around. I could not find their sidecut radius for the life of me though. I was not able to set edges on firm snow, not that anyone should really care about a powder ski's carving performance.

Am I just doing something wrong or what?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    damn. that is SUCH a great shape and now the perfect in-between length. I'm tempted to build a resort version. 185cm, HH/carbon/veneer would be money.
    Agreed, even though I could do glass HH without the carbon.

Anyone ever build up a -1 protest with HH core? Looking for a longer black ops 118-like not too directional chargy ski and the protest profile is fairly similar. Crazy or brilliant?

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Anyone ever build up a -1 protest with HH core? Looking for a longer black ops 118-like not too directional chargy ski and the protest profile is fairly similar. Crazy or brilliant?
    So, a heavy hitter Wootest 2.0?
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good idea^^^

although quite a bit less taper in tip/tail than the GPO.
    About my only concern (and I'll be asking Keith), is whether I'll like the BPS's 31m radius in tight trees. Maybe an Ullr is closer to a fat GPO? I may be splitting hairs, and if demoing were possible, the traffic on this thread would be 50% of what it is ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design

thinking about a 165 gpo for the mrs' pow ski. anyone have experience with this size?
    wondering if they run short?

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    thinking about a 165 gpo for the mrs' pow ski. anyone have experience with this size?
    I can measure my 175’s when I get home and post up that info

Run short or ski short?

Straight pull on a 165 ought to be about 163.5.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

How bad do I need a pair of custom Protests? How often will I reach for them instead of my Billy Goats? If I get them should I modify the flex one way or the other? How much shorter do they ski than the length would suggest? How many questions can I come up with to stop myself from buying another pair of skis?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    About my only concern (and I'll be asking Keith), is whether I'll like the BPS's 31m radius in tight trees. Maybe an Ullr is closer to a fat GPO? I may be splitting hairs, and if demoing were possible, the traffic on this thread would be 50% of what it is ;-)

... Thom
    My og pair of 183 BPS’s were pretty cumbersome in tighter spaces

UL core might help that

My 182 GPO’s are much more nimble.

Fat GPO?

I'll throw this out there. I have 192 #4 Protests and if I could do it over I'd go back to 187s. Mine are those red transparent over olive ash veneer beasts I've posted up before.
    If anyone starts thinking about order a 192 in a #4 flex, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    My og pair of 183 BPS’s were pretty cumbersome in tighter spaces

UL core might help that

My 182 GPO’s are much more nimble.

Fat GPO?
    I'm wondering as well. I just wrote Keith one of my long-winded emails, and one of my questions was just that - whether I'm looking at a +10 GPO. This, and an Ullr with a shorter effective edge and turn radius seem to be pulling ahead.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Run short or ski short?

Straight pull on a 165 ought to be about 163.5.

... Thom
    ski short - she is usually on 160-165 and this will be targeted as a 50/50 pow ski

So, a heavy hitter Wootest 2.0?
    I guess? Theyre not pressing the wootest anymore are they?

Maybe a phone call and an offer for a "most difficult" build would get it done.
    Galibier Design

Been chatting quite a bit with @grinch (he's a bad influence) and he pointed out that BPS is a fat GPO with a more rearward mount, longer turn radius, and that crazy compound camber.

With the custom sale, I can configure it with std. camber.

... Thom
    Haaa, whose the bad influence!? Every convo i think of a new ski "i" want. So confused, isnt it the ullr thats the fatter gpo like ski and the bps with the funky camber? I guess for the light fat touring option the crc(or crr or ccr/whatever its called)camber option, if possible, would work in the tighter trees along with the extra width

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    There is a new MVP?
    I’m liking the changes on paper, and I’m definitely ordering an MVP 108. On my older MVP (110mm uf) I really did like the long radius and heavy taper combo in soft 3D snow but had some issues with icy mornings and running length. I think the increased camber length and decreased taper makes sense for 1-3 days after a storm or as a travel ski. It may not be as loose in deeper snow, but anything over 15” and I’m on another ski anyway. Overall this new 108 looks like it has a bigger wheelhouse for conditions and ideal use situations.

The weights went up significantly too, which along with better edge engagement should really help chop/chunder and crud blasting.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Steered a friends wife to a 175 gpo for a 50/50 ski. She's usually on a 170ish ski , 5"5'/5"7' and probably 110/120lbs, technical skier every condition, small airs , now a weekender. She got on straight away with the gpo at -1. Really likes it. Cant remember but pretty sure tectons and for sure a technica zero scout boot. I thought theyd be a good fit but surprised how much she's stoked on them. The 175 and 165 may be the lighter 3 flex?

Anyone been on a CCR Protest? Also, anyone have a weight on the 187 UL Protests?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I'll throw this out there. I have 192 #4 Protests and if I could do it over I'd go back to 187s. Mine are those red transparent over olive ash veneer beasts I've posted up before.
    If anyone starts thinking about order a 192 in a #4 flex, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!
    Where was this a year ago?
    I bought a 192 #4 last year. At 6’2 205lbs they seem right for me. They were fun at the Bird today

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    I’m liking the changes on paper, and I’m definitely ordering an MVP 108. On my older MVP (110mm uf) I really did like the long radius and heavy taper combo in soft 3D snow but had some issues with icy mornings and running length. I think the increased camber length and decreased taper makes sense for 1-3 days after a storm or as a travel ski. It may not be as loose in deeper snow, but anything over 15” and I’m on another ski anyway. Overall this new 108 looks like it has a bigger wheelhouse for conditions and ideal use situations.

The weights went up significantly too, which along with better edge engagement should really help chop/chunder and crud blasting.
    All of that description sounds like the missing ski ive been trying to find. Built one up with veneer. Leave it sit in my cart for now but i like everything about it