Page 64 of 121 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    Hey Guys,

First pair of Praxis are on their way.

I ordered the FRS in a 188 and am worried that they may not be enough ski. I am 6'0 225 hoping to get back to 205. Currently ski the Wildcat in a 190 and have loved everything but the weight.

Would love to hear some thoughts from this crowd.
    Enough ski for what exactly? Tabke did this run in the UL version https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mgJ5nYbygaE Weight wise they’re pretty similar to the Wildcat, no?

Hey Guys,

First pair of Praxis are on their way.

I ordered the FRS in a 188 and am worried that they may not be enough ski. I am 6'0 225 hoping to get back to 205. Currently ski the Wildcat in a 190 and have loved everything but the weight.

Would love to hear some thoughts from this crowd.
    For what it's worth, I ski the MVP (narrower FRS) in a 193 and I'm 210. Sometimes I wish I would have got with the 187 but I ski a lot of tight trees.

Like GoSlow was saying, for what kind of skiing? If you're charging in the open a longer version might be better, if you're in tight trees the 188 is obviously more maneuverable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Enough ski for what exactly? Tabke did this run in the UL version Weight wise they’re pretty similar to the Wildcat, no?
    Stability/Tipdive are my worries.

The weight is closer to the new wildcat but im on the lighter one from last year.. forgive me but what is UL?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    For what it's worth, I ski the MVP (narrower FRS) in a 193 and I'm 210. Sometimes I wish I would have got with the 187 but I ski a lot of tight trees.

Like GoSlow was saying, for what kind of skiing? If you're charging in the open a longer version might be better, if you're in tight trees the 188 is obviously more maneuverable.

I ski at Alta so i get a fair bit of both.. I do like to pressure the front of my skis but love a good free-ride feel. Thinking of going -1 on the mount...

I ski at Alta so i get a fair bit of both.. I do like to pressure the front of my skis but love a good free-ride feel. Thinking of going -1 on the mount...
    I mounted on the line but I like a more centered stance. Felt like there was plenty of ski in front of the binding.

The weight is closer to the new wildcat but im on the lighter one from last year.. forgive me but what is UL?
    Ultra light core. Praxis's lightest core used a lot for touring skis.

There isn't a whole lot of splay so I did have to pay attention to tip dive. But once again, you're on the bigger FRS so very easily might not be an issue.

I mounted on the line but I like a more centered stance. Felt like there was plenty of ski in front of the binding.

Ultra light core. Praxis's lightest core used a lot for touring skis.

There isn't a whole lot of splay so I did have to pay attention to tip dive. But once again, you're on the bigger FRS so very easily might not be an issue.

It also looks like there is a bit more splay on the FRS as well.

Sorry, UL = Ultralight, which is a lighter layup than the enduro core. I have the UL version but I had it pressed without the camber so it has quite a bit more rocker than that stock version. I also only have a few days on them in mellow terrain and pow but I didn't experience any tip dive but I also ski pretty centered and don't really drive the shovels.

Just about to get a new pair of 184 FRDs mounted with new bindings.. Curious if any one has experience diverting from the recommended point??

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Sorry, UL = Ultralight, which is a lighter layup than the enduro core. I have the UL version but I had it pressed without the camber so it has quite a bit more rocker than that stock version. I also only have a few days on them in mellow terrain and pow but I didn't experience any tip dive but I also ski pretty centered and don't really drive the shovels.
    Thanks for the info man! May hold off on mounting them for a bit. Was going to send them back but that would cost Keith some money as well as myself. May throw them up if they sell out.

Thanks for the info man! May hold off on mounting them for a bit. Was going to send them back but that would cost Keith some money as well as myself. May throw them up if they sell out.
    Definitely don't send them back, Keith deserves better than that. Mount / ski / have fun. Why is the weight of the ski a concern at your size? (unless you are talking for touring and I missed it)

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

+1 to detuning. I had a similar issue with my MVPs, I would of called it "catchy" but probably the same thing is going on. I detuned a little, made it much better. Planning on doing more before the season starts.

I made my edges round using a file up and to the contact point when the skis are laid on the bench. When you compress the camber there’s then a little edge in the air and I would take sandpaper to that part at minimum. I love that Keith sends them so sharp that you can do it yourself.
    He probably needs to put a little note on each ski warning the buyers maybe.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Definitely don't send them back, Keith deserves better than that. Mount / ski / have fun. Why is the weight of the ski a concern at your size? (unless you are talking for touring and I missed it)
    X2. Ski them, have fun and if you don’t like them someone here will take them off your hands.

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Skinny Quixote mounted and ready to go. Stoked. Attachment 346408
    Sick man!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    No I actually like the weight. My worry is that the 188 will be too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    X2. Ski them, have fun and if you don’t like them someone here will take them off your hands.
    My thoughts exactly.. Ill probably just keep them in wrapping and send them to someone here. I'm fine with taking a hit on them it was my fault for pulling the trigger, not Keith's.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Just about to get a new pair of 184 FRDs mounted with new bindings.. Curious if any one has experience diverting from the recommended point??
    While mine aren’t new....I mounted demo bindings and like them quite a bit at -1.5. I messed around moving the mount point quite a bit and settled there in all conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Gotcha, misunderstood because of your weight comment on the Wildcats.

My thoughts exactly.. Ill probably just keep them in wrapping and send them to someone here. I'm fine with taking a hit on them it was my fault for pulling the trigger, not Keith's.
    Coming off a 190 Wildcat and loving it I honestly can’t see losing 2cm making a real noticeable difference, especially considering the width. The rocker profiles aren’t really all that different and Keith’s cores are certainly every bit (if not more) as stable as Moment’s. If you felt undergunned on the Wildcat then yeah, I’d be concerned for sure and would’ve bought something longer out the gate, but if you were completely happy with the WC I would absolutely recommend giving the FRS a go before taking a hit on em. Not to say I think you’re making a bad decision by keeping em in plastic due to your concerns, I just don’t know that your concerns are all that worrisome. Stand on em on the living room floor and spend some time comparing the two
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Coming off a 190 Wildcat and loving it I honestly can’t see losing 2cm making a real noticeable difference, especially considering the width. The rocker profiles aren’t really all that different and Keith’s cores are certainly every bit (if not more) as stable as Moment’s. If you felt undergunned on the Wildcat then yeah, I’d be concerned for sure and would’ve bought something longer out the gate, but if you were completely happy with the WC I would absolutely recommend giving the FRS a go before taking a hit on em. Not to say I think you’re making a bad decision by keeping em in plastic due to your concerns, I just don’t know that your concerns are all that worrisome. Stand on em on the living room floor and spend some time comparing the two
    This. This is the way. If anyone in the meantime wants an FRS in UT ill sell them for $475 and I'll go $500 shipped. Never posted in gear swap so that should be a fun time.

If you want to go up a size there's a brand new pair in Gear Swap for sale, 194 length.

If you want to go up a size there's a brand new pair in Gear Swap for sale, 194 length.
    Would you mind linking me? I can’t find them. The website doesn’t show a 194 frs.

Would you mind linking me? I can’t find them. The website doesn’t show a 194 frs.
    I was referencing the TGR Gear Swap. Buuuuut he's sell FRDs and I read FRS. My bad

What are you hoping the 188 FRS does? What characteristics are you looking for in your ride that have you questioning it?

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    What are you hoping the 188 FRS does? What characteristics are you looking for in your ride that have you questioning it?
    Basically a heavy wildcat. I wanted to give a praxis ski a run so I figured this would be the one. A playful charger is really what I’m after. I’m hoping that when they arrive they measure closer to 188 and not to 186.

Basically a heavy wildcat. I wanted to give a praxis ski a run so I figured this would be the one. A playful charger is really what I’m after. I’m hoping that when they arrive they measure closer to 188 and not to 186.
    According to blister 190 Wildcat measures 188, you are worrying over 2 cm, which is pretty negligible IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk