Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    duly noted. thinking yeti goes dimple and protest goes -1 but still lots of time for overthinking. tectons on their way...

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    The one thing I'll say is I'm not sure I've ever heard someone who skied Protests both on the dimple, and -1 to -2, and then say they preferred the dimple (may be wrong about that though).

People either go the line and keep it there, go -1 and keep it there, or go on the line, then move back to -1 and then keep it there (I'm in the 3rd group).
    With my Protests soon to be in the mail, I was wondering about where to mount them, -1 it will be. That’s where I settled with the Super Freerides, but those are a franken mad scientist ski and the recommended mount was based on stock 194 Freerides.

-1 it will be!

I might sell my new 2019 Bubinga Veneer 192 Standard Protests if anyones interested. Gonna try to find a cheaper way into the ProTest experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Attachment 246926

Local , American made, and bomber construction.

Attachment 246928

These ones

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Fuck juice, you’re outta your damn mind. I’d ski those till they died and then use em for wall art. Gorgeous sticks! I get the wanting to do it cheaper but fuck they’re already in hand. Just take the loss and embrace the awesomeness man...
    That said, I would totally buy these off you if I had any dough at all
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I might sell my new 2019 Bubinga Veneer 192 Standard Protests if anyones interested. Gonna try to find a cheaper way into the ProTest experience.

don't do it.

May not be a bad idea if you can find a four flex. I think the three flex will be a tad to soft for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    May not be a bad idea if you can find a four flex. I think the three flex will be a tad to soft for you.
    Oh shit, yeah, totally forgot about that.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    It's so tough to decide what to do with protests as so many claim to be fine on the dimple, and just as many are adamant that -1 to -2 is the way to go. This place can be such a great resource but can also lead to some serious paralysis by analysis.
    Jester demos FTW.

I bought them in #3 flex cuz I was going to use them for soft snow touring. I think they'd work great for that, but my Bibby Tours should be able to handle pretty much anything in the backcountry, and I need the money. I'm planning on moving to SoCal as soon as I get my degree.

Dude, that money has already been spent. You have the reference ski. If you sell it, you're just gonna trick yourself into spending money on another pair of something because you "saved" some money. And in the end be no happier.

I know....because I'm the same fucking way. The best way to save money is by not spending it.

I'm not buying any more skis, I'm selling a lot of gear and saving the money.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Jester demos FTW.
    I'm done with alpine gear.

I'm not buying any more skis, I'm selling a lot of gear and saving the money.
    Drop them into GS then. They should go fairly quick.

Cross-posting this.

Managed to get a pair of Protests off a buddy of mine for my upcoming trip to Japan. It has inserts for Dynafit Speed Radicals which we were pretty sure would be money for me when we discussed it. Turns out my new boot has a smaller BSL and the mount is just barely too long

The agreed upon sweet spot is pretty large for this ski right? I remember reading something like +2 to -2? Hoping I can reuse either the toe or heel holes. Skis also have one previous Dynafit mount that has been plugged, hence why I'm hoping to reuse some of the current inserts.

Also, what's the easiest way to figure out what year they are. Weight and dimple potentially? Pictures available if that helps.

PRAXIS RX!!!

The hype is real.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181208_092028.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	259102

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

^noice

I love the Navajo graphix. Let us know your initial feelings!

Don’t really need another thread about ramp Delta or praxis builds.

But I didn’t love my 183 mvp enduro/Carbon with vipecs. Marvelous for the ascent. Definitely a skittish build. I think the ramp angle of the vipecs is a thing I notice more than I realized. At -1, I still felt like I had to ski centered or backseat in variable or fresh snow. Once I hit the service road, they carve a trench on firm.

Boots are maestrale rs 2.0, which has pretty aggressive fwd lean.

Plan is to ski them again soon with my lupos (more upright boot) and see if I can discern a difference.

Need more days on them of course. Only 2 so far.

Felt a little more obligated to ski centered on my steeple/tecton combo as well. Wondering if the same explanation applies.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7670.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	259277

196 Protests
    4 flex
    Carbon Enduro
    Tsunami on I forget

Can’t wait to get home to get them out.

Trying to finalize a Japan trip, stupid ski bums can’t commit to anything (imagine that), and these are definitely coming as half my quiver for the trip.

^^^ hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Don’t really need another thread about ramp Delta or praxis builds.

But I didn’t love my 183 mvp enduro/Carbon with vipecs. Marvelous for the ascent. Definitely a skittish build. I think the ramp angle of the vipecs is a thing I notice more than I realized. At -1, I still felt like I had to ski centered or backseat in variable or fresh snow. Once I hit the service road, they carve a trench on firm.

Boots are maestrale rs 2.0, which has pretty aggressive fwd lean.

Plan is to ski them again soon with my lupos (more upright boot) and see if I can discern a difference.

Need more days on them of course. Only 2 so far.

Felt a little more obligated to ski centered on my steeple/tecton combo as well. Wondering if the same explanation applies.
    Thanks for mentioning this. You may be on to something.

I recently converted my GPOs from Wardens to Vipecs late last year. I skied them a bit (with the Vipec mount) and Lange XT 130s and liked them.

This Friday, I took them out for a tour with my Orange Maestrales and felt the need to shift my weight back a bit. It was subtle, but noticeable. I'm going to watch this over the coming weeks.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    ^^^ hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ll post a better pick when I get home.

I almost went with Sister Theresa printed lightly in the same veneer, but I like this better

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Moving out, selling everything. Praxis Rx are going. awesome skis! PM me before I make the thread this week

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-09-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Hit a wall, selling everything. Praxis Rx are going. awesome skis! PM me before I make the thread this week

Damn dood! You’ve got a dialed quiver. As much art as function. Hope you find a way to keep them . Did yousella bike? Mine sold relatively quicken pb