Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Yeah, but if it was $250 I would have jumped on it too. Have no idea what was paid obviously, do you? And besides, who the fuck cares except the one brand only fanboys. I have 3 Praxis in my quiver, but I have other brands too.
    Take off your coat, stay a while

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    Take off your coat, stay a while

I once saw a man practically chop through a 2 ft diameter sub-alpine fir with an ON3P Kartel to get out of a tree well. Tis true

My favorite skis of all time are my Quixotes, they friggin' destroy everything and can handle low tide too, amazing. Better be on your A game though, cause they can wander fast and throw ya for a ringer if you get lazy, in my experience anyway.

You think you're faster than me?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    You think you're faster than me?!?!

If we're talking about the path to hell, yes.

Any of you mags try an mvp94?

Input from the collective sought for a traveling quiver of one. So I am planning on selling my house and traveling around the U.S. for a few months, hopefully by January. I am taking my Praxis BCs with A/T tech bindings for touring, but also want one ski for if I happen to ski lifts (who knows with covid though). I currently have a pair of stock Quixotes that I really like for a lot of different conditions but they can be a lot of work on firmer days. I also have a pair of new unmounted MVPs. I'm waffling on whether if there's enough difference to make it worth drilling the MVPs or if I should just ski the Quixotes and sell the MVPs. Anyone that has skied both of these have input on that front? I'm leaning toward drilling the MVPs, but am also selling a bunch of stuff to help with travel costs. I would not be selling the Qs, I like them too much for powder days.

I honestly don't know where I will be skiing other than in the western U.S. but probably some more maritime snowpack than I'm used to on occasion. I've primarily skied in MT, ID, WY, and UT so drier conditions. Maybe a denser heavier snowpack would dictate one over the other? I also have an old beat up pair of Bibbys that I have thought about taking instead of either of the Praxis options (but we don't need to talk about that on here, lol).

Maybe I should just use the BCs for a do it all? They are MAP carbon with veneer flex 3 mounted with Salomon MTN bindings.

I like you fkn love my Qs. I can't imagine taking a winter off to ski and not having them for pow days. What about selling the Salomon MTNs, and going the CAST route on your Backcountry's. Then you can ride on lifts for low tide resort as well tour them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    I like you fkn love my Qs. I can't imagine taking a winter off to ski and not having them for pow days. What about selling the Salomon MTNs, and going the CAST route on your Backcountry's. Then you can ride on lifts for low tide resort as well tour them.
    Really want to leave the BCs as is since the goal was a dedicated touring setup to shave weight. Over 2 lbs per foot from my old tele touring setup!

I'm mainly wanting to learn to surf, camp, look for job opportunities/good locations, etc. but know that I can't go without skiing.

edit to add: The more I think about it, if I do ski lifts it will probably be because it's a pow day since my schedule will be my own. I should just take the Qs. It's just hard not giving those MVPs a go, although they were a pretty spontaneous purchase when it sounded like Keith's sales had been lagging and just wanted to support his business. I've been waffling whether to drill them since I got them.

I've been impressed with how well the Qs handle low tide conditions. Just thought the MVPs might handle firm better but still be a good pow choice if it wasn't uber deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 10-15-2020 at 12:27 PM.

#3PinGrin ... what length are the MVP?

( I really hope skuff hates his 187s and let's me dispose of them
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post6055243)

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    #3PinGrin ... what length are the MVP?

( I really hope skuff hates his 187s and let's me dispose of them
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post6055243)
    187 someone buying them would definitely firm up my decision to take the Quixotes.

Just realized that my pic has the graphics backwards (ie. should have switched right/left)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVPs.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	343568

Last edited by 3PinGrin; 10-15-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Really want to leave the BCs as is since the goal was a dedicated touring setup to shave weight. Over 2 lbs per foot from my old tele touring setup!

I'm mainly wanting to learn to surf, camp, look for job opportunities/good locations, etc. but know that I can't go without skiing.

edit to add: The more I think about it, if I do ski lifts it will probably be because it's a pow day since my schedule will be my own. I should just take the Qs. It's just hard not giving those MVPs a go, although they were a pretty spontaneous purchase when it sounded like Keith's sales had been lagging and just wanted to support his business. I've been waffling whether to drill them since I got them.

I've been impressed with how well the Qs handle low tide conditions. Just thought the MVPs might handle firm better but still be a good pow choice if it wasn't uber deep.

I was surprised how well MVPs handle firm and very impressed with how well they did on icy chutes. They're my one ski touring quiver. Didn't handle as well as I'd hoped in tight trees and bumps at the resort but I'm going to detune the edges more this year and see if that helps.

Having owned 187 mvp and 188 Q, the Q did firm better. There’s a lot more running length, stronger tail and (slightly) tighter feeling turn radius on the Q. Only other thing I’d consider is the weights of your exact pair, my Q is a heavy core so ~2400g per ski which made for tired legs at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    Having owned 187 mvp and 188 Q, the Q did firm better. There’s a lot more running length, stronger tail and (slightly) tighter feeling turn radius on the Q. Only other thing I’d consider is the weights of your exact pair, my Q is a heavy core so ~2400g per ski which made for tired legs at the end of the day.
    Good info, thanks. Mine are stock maple/ash/aspen 4 flex, vinyl topsheet. Thank you too brundo. The Quixotes handle tight spots pretty well, but pound the crap out of me on bumps, but I suck at skiing bumps so it doesn't matter much what skis I'm on.

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Have both, dig both, would take dem Q’s.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

3 pin - q's are the way i'd go for 1 ski in bounds. I mean if you like going fast take the q's you like jibbing take the bibby's. My .02

As for dedicated bc / inbounds - everywhere i've travelled where i could bring 1 pair of skis, i could bring 2. Same with boots. Worth it to me but ymmv

Thanks guys, that reinforces my decision on the Qs. Bibby's are a lot of fun, but yeah, the Qs definitely charge a little harder in funky or chopped up conditions. Pretty comparable in pow, just different. I'm not much of a jibber. Now I just have to decide if I want to let those MVPs go. Normally it would be a no-brainer for me to keep them. But I'm downsizing significantly to travel and selling off a bunch of stuff, first world problem for sure.

I'm still struggling with the fact that this last string of discussion here did not mention the Concept as a solid all-arounder. Has Praxis developed a bunch of skis that have superceded it as a one-ski quiver?!

cheers,
    john

Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
    I'm still struggling with the fact that this last string of discussion here did not mention the Concept as a solid all-arounder. Has Praxis developed a bunch of skis that have superceded it as a one-ski quiver?!

cheers,
    john
    Doesn’t look like they’re available as a stock edition in their line up anymore. They kind of slimmed things down a bit in terms of their regular production skis.

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

^^^jah^^^
    and to our credit the Concept wasn’t part of the original equation. I am still very much of the opinion that the Concept is the best one ski quiver / daily driver available per my preferences. I could (and certainly have) take them anywhere and know I’d be extremely happy and confident in any condition or terrain. Keith has just made so many really really good skis over time that I’ve very much become a quiver skier and the end result of that is that the Concept see a lot less use, which really is a bummer. However, if I am ever in question about which ski is right for the occasion, conditions, or terrain, I can always grab the Concepts and be genuinely stoked! It truly is the ski I will never not have, these ones die I’m buyin another pair, period. All of that said, dem Q’s are damn fun all the time, guaranteed smile on the face even if it’s just kinda soft.

Gave my Concepts some professional tuning love last season and some new Pivots, after a season on the bench. So much love for them. It was the ski that kicked off my Praxis collection. I still might go for a Custom skinny concept eventually to satisfy my curiosity, but I'm now saving up for a couple pairs of GPO Jrs with that rad dragon topsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    but I'm now saving up for a couple pairs of GPO Jrs with that rad dragon topsheet.
    Those jr GPO’s are waaaaay rad!! I want some too but my kiddos aren’t quite there yet, hope he holds onto that topsheet!

Yah mine neither, Just aspirational buying for hopefully next season. They need to grow another 10cm to get close to that 143 length

Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post

cheers,
    john
    This is an N+1 thread

The MVP jr have also been very tempting. Going to be checking for any new growth spurts.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience on an Ullr and RX? How would you compare and contrast the two?
    I really love my pair of Ullrs, but want something around a 106-112 width.. the RX is a wee bit wider, but thus far, I hear it handles leftovers pretty well... Any thoughts?