Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Ya voltage and sentinel are gone. Still have the glory

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No more glory for giant after this year. No dh team next year . They’d still have warrantee replacementsif needed though. Lifetime warrantee applies for new owners too. Hard not to have at least one bike though and seems like dh bikes aren’t holding their value. Guy that bought mine was stoked. He’s in Vancouver so he rides all year. They’re out there

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Ya I might keep it. Cant get much for it, maybe $1600, and its like new 2017.

Praxis Rx

Skinny RX has been phenomenal lately. I love this ski. Need to pull the frame binders and cast them or just straight pivots but they really deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by ego7man View Post
    Skinny RX has been phenomenal lately. I love this ski. Need to pull the frame binders and cast them or just straight pivots but they really deserve better.
    Please, go on..
    No really, more in-depth review please.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Please, go on..
    No really, more in-depth review please.
    Seconded.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

3rdidid. That’s the review I’ve been waiting for

TeamRX... ASSEMBLE!

189 4 flex, veneer, carbon, heavy core. Two days in, and I'm impressed. A crazy combination of being able to maneuver and pivot like a ski smaller than its size, yet retains the stability of big long radius ski. RAGES hard pack, able to ski big fast GS turns very confidently. Couple thoughts and questions though...

- They have a little more energy/feedback than I'm used to, presumably thats the carbon. Does this mellow out as the skis break in more?

- Seems like a little too much tail, I found them catching a bit. Considering they dont have a lot of tail rocker, has traditional camber, and the fact that I felt i had to get back on them a bit to float in 6-8 inches of powder and soft chop, doesnt -8cm from center seem a touch too forward? Has anyone gone back to -9cm? im inclined to try them out there. Or maybe i just need to detune the tails some more.

Had a magical day on them hot lapping powder at Stowe on an empty Tuesday. In the flow state they're just an extension of your body. Powder trees are fun; not hard at all to flick the skis and make quick movements. Groomers feel so solid and secure. The float was everything I could need from them. It wasn't crazy deep but the skis keep you above the snow- it's a long tip and the camber has definitely softened on mine while the rocker's very gradually deeper with a longer flat part.

The skis are always there for you so you don't have to worry about them doing some weird unexpected shit (crazy taper/rocker designs). The are a powder ski with a lot of GS ski influence in the shape. The heavy wood core, relatively stiff flex, smooth rocker lines, and beautiful sidecut work in symbiosis.

Is there anything specific you guys would like me to address?

jdadour- If anything I'd go forward a cm on these but I think you'd be crazy to remount back. The line is money.
    Thanks for your input on the mount. The line will probably be fine for me once i get used to them, but thought i would ask others thoughts. Did you add carbon to your heavy core?

Good comparison from both. Curious what other skus from prxis you had and mount position. I had a pair of skinny rx’ Ordered on the custom sale and stupidly changed my order(pretty sure on that)

I love that we have confirmed again that the standard RX is money.

What about the skinny one, tho?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I love that we have confirmed again that the standard RX is money.

What about the skinny one, tho?
    All of my comments are about the SkinnyRX

All of my comments are about the SkinnyRX
    What’s your height/weight?
    Other skis you like?
    Skiing style?
    What build on the ski?
    What ski can you compare it to?
    How does it handle chop? Any deflection in said chop?
    Flex profile?

5'10 ~190lbs. I like 194 XXLs, 187 MVP, 187 GPO, 190 bibby, 188 pbj, 186 renegade. I have an aggressive and technical skiing style with a long racing background. skis are heavy core 5 flex no carbon. It's hard to compare this ski to others I've skied, its kind of a unique ski when I think about it, which is odd. They are smooth operators. I don't think chop will be a problem for you unless its some miserable super heavy maybe avy debris chop that isn't fun on any ski.
    If your on the dimple on the skinny rx, where are you mounted on the gpo’s and Mvp’s?

5'10 ~190lbs. I like 194 XXLs, 187 MVP, 187 GPO, 190 bibby, 188 pbj, 186 renegade. I have an aggressive and technical skiing style with a long racing background. skis are heavy core 5 flex no carbon. It's hard to compare this ski to others I've skied, its kind of a unique ski when I think about it, which is odd. They are smooth operators. I don't think chop will be a problem for you unless its some miserable super heavy maybe avy debris chop that isn't fun on any ski.
    Cool. Thanks.
    This ski is high on my list.

My out of bounds ski for 2020 is 3DPB. Praxis still has a spot in my heart for the best quality around. And the only ski I actually want from now on is R/R baby. I just wanna ski untracked or soft, i’m too out of shape for shitfuck now. Nobody else is really doing that shape anymore, and luckily the one who is still, is the best around!

I’m just not skiing on point enough for the heavy core #5 Rx anymore. Its not a demanding ski, but I am losing my feet for some reason. Have been since March.

Early season. You’ll b up to speed in Jan/feb

I’m losing my feet I tell ya! They’re fkn numb

You got the diabetes?

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    TeamRX... ASSEMBLE!

189 4 flex, veneer, carbon, heavy core. Two days in, and I'm impressed. A crazy combination of being able to maneuver and pivot like a ski smaller than its size, yet retains the stability of big long radius ski. RAGES hard pack, able to ski big fast GS turns very confidently. Couple thoughts and questions though...

- They have a little more energy/feedback than I'm used to, presumably thats the carbon. Does this mellow out as the skis break in more?

- Seems like a little too much tail, I found them catching a bit. Considering they dont have a lot of tail rocker, has traditional camber, and the fact that I felt i had to get back on them a bit to float in 6-8 inches of powder and soft chop, doesnt -8cm from center seem a touch too forward? Has anyone gone back to -9cm? im inclined to try them out there. Or maybe i just need to detune the tails some more.
    These comments are about the skinny RX, yes? If so, Interesting. Keith and I discussed the skinny RX and he said something about the standard width really being well designed to avoid the tail being caught, but looking at the skinny, that was a concern he had.

Ultimately that’s what made me go MVP.

These comments are about the skinny RX, yes? If so, Interesting. Keith and I discussed the skinny RX and he said something about the standard width really being well designed to avoid the tail being caught, but looking at the skinny, that was a concern he had.

No, I have the normal RX.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Looks like Tabke had a set of -10 Qs built for this season:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...27116260830636

Skinny RX sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I’m just not skiing on point enough for the heavy core #5 Rx anymore. Its not a demanding ski, but I am losing my feet for some reason. Have been since March.
    1. See a bootfitter about that. Seriously.
    2. Tell me more about these RXs. Pictures? Mounted how many times? This might be the trick to finally get off my GPOs.

Buy those Rx Abe before he changes his mind

MVP’s are no shit, I’m pretty blown away how FN awesome these sticks are! Hard to explain how cool it’s been riding these things, it’s been eye opening and just stoopid fun, heavy core is badass as well!! Resort daily req for sure
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!