Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3008
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Damn! Your wifes a legend. Veneer gpo is a must

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Great wife, great XMas present and great ski…!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1783.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	398155

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Great wife, great XMas present and great ski…!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1783.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	398155

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh ive drooled over yours too. A few pairs of yours actuslly

Also, i put up a wtb ad for some 174 piste jibs in gear swap but ill pose that question in here. Anyone have any 174 pj's theyd like to part with? I miss my 184's but i think the 174 would better suit my usage for them.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0863304067691/

Some Powderboards(?) in Puyallup. I can facilitate shipping if anyone really wants them...

Anyone spent significant time on the new MVP 108 yet? I have 3 days on mine and really digging them so far, especially their stability at speed for a "playful" ski. Not enough days and different conditions yet for a comprehensive review but I can see this becoming my go to ski
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I've had 4 days on my MVP 108s and can't say enough good things about them. I brought my file on the first day in preparation of hooky edges and I never felt the need to detune. The shape has a great tip and tail release and the edges can really dig when pushed. I agree they are stiff with great dampness while maintaining a playful poppy feel
    I added carbon to my layup for increased rebound speed, Enduro flex 4 mounted +1 forward

If anyone is looking for 182 UL GPO

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-hawx-GW-soles

Quote Originally Posted by mellowk View Post
    I've had 4 days on my MVP 108s and can't say enough good things about them. I brought my file on the first day in preparation of hooky edges and I never felt the need to detune. The shape has a great tip and tail release and the edges can really dig when pushed. I agree they are stiff with great dampness while maintaining a playful poppy feel
    I added carbon to my layup for increased rebound speed, Enduro flex 4 mounted +1 forward
    I have the same exact setup minus the carbon. Would def be curious to try them with some added carbon. I’m liking +1 but it does make them feel a little short when carving (though they carve amazingly well overall). Tips don’t feel short otherwise even in deeper snow

But yeah I’m super happy about them so far it’s a really fun and versatile ski. I’ll post a more complete review once I have like 10 days on them

Keith did say they took the feedback about hookiness and now detune to some degree in the factory. I have felt no need to detune anything so far
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I’ll add the the MVP 108 stoke: just got back from a family road trip and loved the MVP in a variety of conditions and locations. Easy to cruise groomers with the family and still rally the occasional side hit. Skied a lot of steeps and trees at Baker, Crystal and Bachelor, they are confidence inspiring with turn initiation, tail release, turn shape variety etc. Good float on the soft and untouched bits.

The surprises:

skied some sun crust on old pow really well, no tail hang up and the tips are strong enough to punch through well.

Turn radius feels longer then 23 m which lends to that nice slarve and slash feeling I loved on my old MVP 110.

I also brought my Wildcat 190’s on this trip and ended up using the MVP more due to increased maneuverability (faster edge to edge turning and lower swing weight) and less harshness underfoot.

Has anybody done a GPO with a little deeper rocker?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Has anybody done a GPO with a little deeper rocker?
    Im all for experimenting, but that is a shape I wouldn't change a single thing about. The GPO is dialed in my book. What are you hoping to achieve?

Neckbeard/hohes did a CCR GPO and seemed to like it from what I remember. A few others may have been tempted but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Neckbeard/hohes did a CCR GPO and seemed to like it from what I remember. A few others may have been tempted but I'm not sure.
    Your memory is amazing, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Im all for experimenting, but that is a shape I wouldn't change a single thing about. The GPO is dialed in my book. What are you hoping to achieve?
    They might accomplish what I am after as is but I am just going off the RX's I had, which only had a little less rocker but not enough for what I wanted. I am after a little more effortless float and the added pivotability. I would do a little more front and rear is the thought. I realize the RX is a different beast and maybe this would suck but if anyone has tried it I bet they are on here.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

2018-19 Praxis Skis Info and Resource Thread

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    ^^^truth^^^
    I remember Neckbeard posting plenty of rocker profile pics as well, he had both versions, and IIRC he really, really liked the CCR version. It would take a grip of digging but there were plenty of posts from him on the skis here (older Praxis threads) and in the GPO thread
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post

I also brought my Wildcat 190’s on this trip and ended up using the MVP more due to increased maneuverability (faster edge to edge turning and lower swing weight) and less harshness underfoot.
    I always took my 190 Bibbys out in anything over 6” and now find myself reaching for the MVP instead on those days for the exact same reasons. Bibbys are still an all time favorite for deeper days but the MVP floats quite well and is a lot more maneuverable in firmer conditions

After a few more days on them I’m finding they definitely take you for a ride when you get pushed into the backseat especially in firm snow. Works well for my style but it’s definitely more of a forward driver ski compared to other skis of similar shapes and mount points that I’ve been on. May also have a bit to do with mounting them +1

Also impressed with how easy it is to spin on them for a relatively stout ski that’s 108 underfoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    ^^^truth^^^
    I remember Neckbeard posting plenty of rocker profile pics as well, he had both versions, and IIRC he really, really liked the CCR version. It would take a grip of digging but there were plenty of posts from him on the skis here (older Praxis threads) and in the GPO thread
    found this

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...38#post5113538

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I'm new to GPOs but I tend to agree. Absolutely love that ski/shape. I can see why Galabier Numero Uno is so obsessed with them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Mounted MVPs -2 from the line so will let you know how it goes...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Some brief field notes here for a mini review...193 MVP 108s mounted -8 are fast and loose and rock solid. I was hoping for a "fun" all mtn ski relative to the other skis in my one dimensional collection that was still heavier, damp and can charge that Praxis could make, and these so far have delivered. Its early with just a few days but I am very happy with this build.

I had originally gone with a 4 flex HH no carbon but Keith said bumping to a 5 flex would add 3-4oz, they came out at 2400g/ski which was in the range of what I was hoping for. The 5 flex is perfect for inbounds charging but not at all planky, dead or stiff, nice round flex that is smooth and damp bit with nice pop the HH maple/ash core still feels somewhat lively but super smooth to me, not dead at all. I can't imagine going down in flex, it's perfect, esp without carbon meddling with the sensation.

Really nice sweet spot and they just scream to be surfed and slashed. But you can carve them, flick them or easily transition from a huge slash back into a gs style turn, though they're virtually impossible to shut down or to snap into shorter turns. Can drive the shovels or ski more relaxed/upright.

Took it to the edge of control in some firmer buff high speed slarving; cant wait to get into some fresher conditions. Used to something a bit more precise and with a metal lam for these variable day in day out sort of DD inbounds conditions but I think these are rock solid add for fresh and after storms when the wind machine is in effect and want to tool around more than fall line charge the whole day.

There has been a lot posted in the last week that I find agreement with about the MVP 108. I am having a blast getting airborne with these, I find a great landing platform skiing +1 from the line and are great for sticking landings in just about any snow. I wonder how I would feel on a 5 flex of this ski since I do like stiff flexing skis and I do find the 4 plenty stiff (folding up shovels? yeah right!), but it may just be that at 185 lbs the flex 4 with carbon is the right move for my needs. I also 2nd the sentiment that they do great with spins. Man they are fun, so rewarding for a active skiing style, looking forward to more days on them

Sounds like the mvp 108 would be right up my alley. How is that #5 compared to the sender squad or some other skis you have bry?

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Some brief field notes here for a mini review...193 MVP 108s mounted -8 are fast and loose and rock solid. I was hoping for a "fun" all mtn ski relative to the other skis in my one dimensional collection that was still heavier, damp and can charge that Praxis could make, and these so far have delivered. Its early with just a few days but I am very happy with this build.

I had originally gone with a 4 flex HH no carbon but Keith said bumping to a 5 flex would add 3-4oz, they came out at 2400g/ski which was in the range of what I was hoping for. The 5 flex is perfect for inbounds charging but not at all planky, dead or stiff, nice round flex that is smooth and damp bit with nice pop the HH maple/ash core still feels somewhat lively but super smooth to me, not dead at all. I can't imagine going down in flex, it's perfect, esp without carbon meddling with the sensation.

Really nice sweet spot and they just scream to be surfed and slashed. But you can carve them, flick them or easily transition from a huge slash back into a gs style turn, though they're virtually impossible to shut down or to snap into shorter turns. Can drive the shovels or ski more relaxed/upright.

Took it to the edge of control in some firmer buff high speed slarving; cant wait to get into some fresher conditions. Used to something a bit more precise and with a metal lam for these variable day in day out sort of DD inbounds conditions but I think these are rock solid add for fresh and after storms when the wind machine is in effect and want to tool around more than fall line charge the whole day.
    Hmmm, rocker pic?

Way softer than say husumes or some stiffer layup wrens I have, about in line with the current wren 110 pros in the shovel, or regular layup asym billy goats. Hand flex about the same as sender squads.

I don't think anyone would hand flex and say damn those are stiff, nowhere near the ballpark of say the 5++(+?) kusalas praxis pressed. You would probably first check and say are these really a 5 flex? Maybe a 7.5-8 in the shovel on the blister scale

Here's a few rocker pics, MVP 108s in the middle, protests on the left and sender squads on the right for color.

One pic they're decambered with blue straps where the lines start, another noting where the blue strap marks where tip rocker line starts in general.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Spring conditions has me thinking about spring skis. Anyone have any thoughts on a -10 MVP or BC, UL layup, 3+/4 flex, flat or maybe just a hair (no more than 2mm) of camber underfoot?

Seems like it’d be a great spring/variable ski for couloirs, etc. I like being able to pivot and not necessarily hop turn in these situations if called for and think the flat underfoot would be the ticket. Like the larger turn radius to eliminate hookiness in variable.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Spring conditions has me thinking about spring skis. Anyone have any thoughts on a -10 MVP or BC, UL layup, 3+/4 flex, flat or maybe just a hair (no more than 2mm) of camber underfoot?

Seems like it’d be a great spring/variable ski for couloirs, etc. I like being able to pivot and not necessarily hop turn in these situations if called for and think the flat underfoot would be the ticket. Like the larger turn radius to eliminate hookiness in variable.
    For these conditions I don't want anything wider than around 88. But maybe that's just me.