Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks for the update. Where's that thread about tightening up your derailleur clutch? I think mine's starting to need it.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

You guys should just buy new bikes.

I used to use a flat head to spread the calipers every once in a while when they became over-clamped on my old XT brakes a few bikes ago. Usually happened with heat after long downhills. Maybe the rotors were warping too. Highly likely. Never had the same issue with my last (newer) pair of XT's on my last bike. Really liking my new Saints too.

Thanks for the update. Where's that thread about tightening up your derailleur clutch? I think mine's starting to need it.
    It's in here somewhere. I never got the M785 RD working quite right. I tightened and loosened it, took it apart and regreased everything, but it was still really stiff shifting. I replaced it with an M8000 (still using 10-speed shifter) and it solved the problem immediately. I know you can get the clutch on Amazon for like $11. If tightening/lubing doesn't work, you could always try that. There are some good Youtube videos about this.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    You guys should just buy new bikes.
    Someday. I just bought my wife a bike. That will help reduce the timeframe, but I don't think I'm allowed to buy anything for a while. :-) Plus, in all actuality, I'm happy with my old Tallboy and I'm figuring out the little things to make it run longer.

A wise friend one time said not to every try anything nicer than what you can afford. I haven't always stuck to that philosophy, but when I have, it has been a good thing.

Seth

Thanks. It shifts fine, it just doesn't have as much resistance to move forward and I actually dropped the chain. (May have also forgot and left it in the little ring going out Hayes.)
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Someday. I just bought my wife a bike. That will help reduce the timeframe, but I don't think I'm allowed to buy anything for a while. :-) Plus, in all actuality, I'm happy with my old Tallboy and I'm figuring out the little things to make it run longer.

A wise friend one time said not to every try anything nicer than what you can afford. I haven't always stuck to that philosophy, but when I have, it has been a good thing.

Seth
    Haha, you operate like I do. Bought the wife a $6K bike, she loves is and wants to ride more so mission accomplished there. Then I bought a used bike for half that price. Now I figure I still have another $3K to spend on a second bike... Pushing for a DH bike in the near future. Or new skis

Funny, I missed this thread first time around. My reply would have been to make sure your pistons are all moving smoothly. Marshy had a video on pink bike a few months ago where he shows his entire bleed process. He emphasizes that if the pistons are all lubed up, then you simply center the caliper to the rotor instead of the pads.
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it tubeless, I will. I got spare time.