Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Wednesday night was quite a rush. My son has wanted to meet Eddie Vedder for most of his life and after battling (and beating) brain cancer this past winter/spring , my wife started a little social media campaign to make it happen.

After some hashtags and rallying from a bunch of people , it happened right before the show on Wednesday. We went down to the basement of Safeco, met his wife and Ed came in minutes later.

Roarke told him his favorite song was Yellow Ledbetter and he could play it on the guitar. Eddie said, “get him a guitar” and 20 seconds later my son was strumming the first few notes to Eddie. Surreal experience for sure. Eddie and his wife could not have been nicer. Ed closed the meet by telling Roarke he had to go because they were still figuring out the set list for the night.

For someone to take time before a huge concert to hang out with my son meant so much.

The show itself was 3 hours of an amazing set list that brought me to tears in spots. I spent a good many night nights driving home from the hospital screaming along to “Release” in the car. To hear it live with my son was something I will always remember. His friend looked at me weird since I was crying , but I’m now comfortable crying almost anywhere, so it was all good to me.

Going tonight with my best friend and Roarke’s godfather. Going to be hard to top meeting Ed, but I’m sure it will be another good one.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Just seeing this. Fuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Wednesday night was quite a rush. My son has wanted to meet Eddie Vedder for most of his life and after battling (and beating) brain cancer this past winter/spring , my wife started a little social media campaign to make it happen.

After some hashtags and rallying from a bunch of people , it happened right before the show on Wednesday. We went down to the basement of Safeco, met his wife and Ed came in minutes later.

Roarke told him his favorite song was Yellow Ledbetter and he could play it on the guitar. Eddie said, “get him a guitar” and 20 seconds later my son was strumming the first few notes to Eddie. Surreal experience for sure. Eddie and his wife could not have been nicer. Ed closed the meet by telling Roarke he had to go because they were still figuring out the set list for the night.

For someone to take time before a huge concert to hang out with my son meant so much.

The show itself was 3 hours of an amazing set list that brought me to tears in spots. I spent a good many night nights driving home from the hospital screaming along to “Release” in the car. To hear it live with my son was something I will always remember. His friend looked at me weird since I was crying , but I’m now comfortable crying almost anywhere, so it was all good to me.

Going tonight with my best friend and Roarke’s godfather. Going to be hard to top meeting Ed, but I’m sure it will be another good one.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Amazing!!

Holy shit!! Awesome! What an experience for your kiddo, happy to see him healthy and smiling.

I'm counting down the days until Pearl Jam in Boston in a few weeks. Haven't seen those guys in almost a decade.

More hands = more thumbs up.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do