Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Skiing in Factors sucks. Skiing in broken Factors sucks even more.

Skiing in good boots rules. Skiing is most important.

So buy new boots. You need no more talking.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    If the OP doesn't want these I could be interested. Bought hawx xtds last year but feel like I want more boot inbounds and am cheap.
    130s? and did you keep the stock liner or replace it?

Got the 130s with a intuition dreamliner that im hoping will work touring / inbounds so just wondering

They are 130s with the stock liner and a big forefoot punch. Fit is good but I want something a bit beefier to drive big skis inbounds in chopped up snow, my supergoats overpower these boots. Better liners for inbounds would help but in the long run I think it makes more sense to have dedicated boots so they each last longer.
    Touring wise they are great and go uphill better than anything else I have owned paired with speed turns and pow skis or zero G 95s. One could possibly justify lighter boots for corn season but it is way more fun to treat sun and wind lips as jumps and actually be able to drive your skis.
    Both of these opinions are based on me being 6'3" 200lbs pretty fit and liking to go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by m22922 View Post
    130s? and did you keep the stock liner or replace it?

Got the 130s with a intuition dreamliner that im hoping will work touring / inbounds so just wondering

man, life is short and boots last a few years. you can do it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

They are 130s with the stock liner and a big forefoot punch. Fit is good but I want something a bit beefier to drive big skis inbounds in chopped up snow, my supergoats overpower these boots. Better liners for inbounds would help but in the long run I think it makes more sense to have dedicated boots so they each last longer.
    Touring wise they are great and go uphill better than anything else I have owned paired with speed turns and pow skis or zero G 95s. One could possibly justify lighter boots for corn season but it is way more fun to treat sun and wind lips as jumps and actually be able to drive your skis.
    Both of these opinions are based on me being 6'3" 200lbs pretty fit and liking to go fast.
    Appreciate the insight. and i don't disagree that 2 boots is best for longevity / not compromising inbounds or touring. Still want to give it a go and see if technology has progressed enough that a one boot set up works (at least for myself). Feel like a more substantial liner than whats in there might improve the inbounds significantly. Either way no problem admitting its too much of a compromise inbounds (or touring) and picking up a dedicated alpine boot. We shall see
    Last edited by m22922; 08-10-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Well, good news for you. Factors skied like crap and toured like crap so you're only comparing against crap. However crappy they were, they did force the entire industry to get on the freeride touring market and we have had a good decade of progress since they came out. Many options out there now which will tour and ski better than your Factors. Greg linked a good option for lower costs. start there?
    I think I love you. Of course I still feel that way about about most "hybrid" style boots.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What Bout that Nordica boot?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    My Dobermans are for sale too but they are punched in the ankles and have seen a lot of days. Not sure they’d be worth the cost of shipping.
    If the OP doesn't want these I could be interested. Bought hawx xtds last year but feel like I want more boot inbounds and am cheap.
    You are next if these don’t go to Vermont. Got them boxed up and ready to go.

@carlh, boots are yours. I ended up buying the eBay pair for $100. Now I'm on the lookout for a good touring boot