Park City: Where to Stay?

Having never been to Park City before can anyone recommend generally the best areas to look for lodging? Probably looking for something mid-range.

What time of year? Is this a ski or a bike trip? IS it important for you to be able to walk to bars and restaurants or is the (easy to use) bus system OK?

Ski trip. No issues with riding the bus. This would probably be a guys trip, so "family friendly" not really a concern.

I've never stayed in the winter so I'm sure others are more qualified to comment, but I've stayed at Shadow Ridge at the base area and it was reasonably priced. I'd look at the the AirBnB's along Lowell Ave as well.

I would look into an AirBNB in old Town if you have a pack of dudes to split the rental fee and you can make the money work. The nightlife stuff is all on main, and you can boot up at home and clomp a few blocks to snow or a chairlift. Prospector is a little cheaper and almost as convenient: it's a long, chilly walk or a short bus or cab ride to Main from there.

I am sitting in a coffee shop in Kimball Junction right now. A condo out here (Redstone, NewPark, or nearby) or at Bear Hollow could be a good deal if you don't want to pay old town prices. The express bus into town is easy, and there are a handful of decent restaurants and bars. Also the only good grocery store in the area, fwiw. Plus it is easy to hop on 80 and hit up the cottonwood canyons, Snowbasin, etc. if you feel inspired.

I wouldn't bother staying at Canyons unless you can get hooked up with a house in the Colony on the sly or you really want to be slopeside. The Canyons base area is dead after 4 PM.

Try the cliff lodge or iron blossom lodge. Technically not in PC, but very close to the best skiing in the central Wasatch

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Ski trip. No issues with riding the bus. This would probably be a guys trip, so "family friendly" not really a concern.
    Guys trip? The don't go to Park City?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Is the bottom of the Town Lift approximately the center of the action in terms of restaurants and night life?

Snowbird and Alta both seem ridiculously expensive. Also I think LCC would be great, but I'm not sure everyone else would enjoy it more than PC.

Park City: Where to Stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I would look into an AirBNB in old Town if you have a pack of dudes to split the rental fee and you can make the money work. The nightlife stuff is all on main, and you can boot up at home and clomp a few blocks to snow or a chairlift. Prospector is a little cheaper and almost as convenient: it's a long, chilly walk or a short bus or cab ride to Main from there.

I am sitting in a coffee shop in Kimball Junction right now. A condo out here (Redstone, NewPark, or nearby) or at Bear Hollow could be a good deal if you don't want to pay old town prices. The express bus into town is easy, and there are a handful of decent restaurants and bars. Also the only good grocery store in the area, fwiw. Plus it is easy to hop on 80 and hit up the cottonwood canyons, Snowbasin, etc. if you feel inspired.

I wouldn't bother staying at Canyons unless you can get hooked up with a house in the Colony on the sly or you really want to be slopeside. The Canyons base area is dead after 4 PM.
    This^^^^

If you want flat out right on Main St.....and get on town lift in PC......look into Marriott SummitWatch. It's walking distance to everything in Old Town.

Dirtbag trips I've stayed at Park City Peaks. Good breakfast in am. Bus stop is right at entrance.

Rent a car. Ski little, big, powmow and PC.

Serious

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Is the bottom of the Town Lift approximately the center of the action in terms of restaurants and night life?

Snowbird and Alta both seem ridiculously expensive. Also I think LCC would be great, but I'm not sure everyone else would enjoy it more than PC.
    Are you skiing on the epic pass? Otherwise, day tickets at PCMR are a tough pill to swallow and the cottonwood canyons are cheaper. But the drive isn't terrible if you want to pop over to any of the other resorts.

The base of the town lift is the bottom of Main Street. The ten blocks or so up to the intersection of Main and Swede Alley contain pretty much all the nightlife. All of old town is very walkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Are you skiing on the epic pass? Otherwise, day tickets at PCMR are a tough pill to swallow and the cottonwood canyons are cheaper. But the drive isn't terrible if you want to pop over to any of the other resorts.
    That's good to know. I've got a five day Whistler Blackcomb Edge Card and I can use two days of that at other Vail resorts, but everyone else would probably be biting the bullet for however many days we ski.

That's good to know. I've got a five day Whistler Blackcomb Edge Card and I can use two days of that at other Vail resorts, but everyone else would probably be biting the bullet for however many days we ski.
    Vail's pricing model is that the Epic Pass is cheap and they ream you hard for day passes. It might be worth considering either Epic or Ikon for you and your buds. If they work with your local ski hills, it can be a much better deal than day passes at PCMR.