Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    While most of their output after the first 3 albums is garbage, Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith has to be a top 5 worst song of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Not even close. While Mr. Roboto wasn't a great song, it was far from their worst. Try this instead.

Tommy Shaw and JY refused to play this song after firing Dennis DeYoung. To this day, they refuse to play it. This is what broke up the relationship with DD.

Ya, i posted that Mr Robato sucked so bad it wrecked the whole band Styx quicker than you can say Yoko earlier in the thread but not the actual embedded video. That song wrecked a kick ass band. They have toured recently without DD and with a new drummer. Todd Suchermann kicks ass..

According to this, it was the whole Kilroy album the others refused to play.. any song from that was banned from their set lists..
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/styx-kilroy-was-here/
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

these guys got a hell of a catalog to the subject matter. I'm sure there's worse but this one's way the hell up there. I'd do the earlier comment one better. Start me up the only thing worh a shit since shattered. In fact, given the volume of just shit that it took to get to one or two "good" songs, since Exile, they should have just quit the studio after that, made the occasional live album.

Now through exile...by far #1. Beatles were good, but for pussies. and yeah zepplin invented metal blah blah blah. sorry. through exile these guys were just IT. Just a staggering body of work.

"Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ya, i posted that Mr Robato sucked so bad it wrecked the whole band Styx quicker than you can say Yoko earlier in the thread but not the actual embedded video. That song wrecked a kick ass band. They have toured recently without DD and with a new drummer. Todd Suchermann kicks ass..

According to this, it was the whole Kilroy album the others refused to play.. any song from that was banned from their set lists..
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/styx-kilroy-was-here/
    Straws break the backs of camels so, yeah, that may have been the last one. I just remember TS and JY being really resistant to the direction DD wanted to take the band as exhibited by Babe. As I remember it, DD wanted to go softer and theatrical (Kilroy album, as example) and TS and JY just wanted to rock. I really kind of lost track of them and lost interest after The Grand Illusion. Loved them in their early years but moved on. And I stand on Babe being THE worst song they ever did.

The song that really got me early was from Styx II, A Day. I haven't heard it for years so, here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Straws break the backs of camels so, yeah, that may have been the last one. I just remember TS and JY being really resistant to the direction DD wanted to take the band as exhibited by Babe. As I remember it, DD wanted to go softer and theatrical (Kilroy album, as example) and TS and JY just wanted to rock. I really kind of lost track of them and lost interest after The Grand Illusion. Loved them in their early years but moved on. And I stand on Babe being THE worst song they ever did.
    Gonna disagree because IMHO Babe was light years better and more along the genre than anything from KillBand.. Every solid rock artist had a power ballad by their third or fourth album. Zeppelin had Thank You. REO had Time for Me to Fly, KISS had Beth, etc.. Styx doing Babe was no more against the grain than any of those others. Making an entire album of trendy crap was way worse IMO.. Leave the techno to Kraftwerk, Devo, and Gery Numan.

I've never heard a power ballad I liked, with one exception from Styx: Lady, also from Styx II. I like rock bands to play rock. Leave songs like Babe for the mushy musicians. Besides, Babe was just too soft for ANY true rock band. It sucks. Give me rock!

Every solid rock artist had a power ballad
    cough cough come sail away.
    babe=total suckage. he blows goats. I have proof
    "Can't you see..."

Revolution #9

Not even a song, really, but I have no idea why the best band ever thought it was a good idea to put that garbage on what was otherwise a masterpiece.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Who hurt you? Who broke you inside?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

People must like this, it's still on the radio. I find it cringe-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Who hurt you? Who broke you inside?
    Nice loved it!!

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney did some songs together in the early 80s: The Girl is Mine and Ebony & Ivory were both particularly nauseating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    cough cough come sail away.
    babe=total suckage. he blows goats. I have proof
    Cough cough cough.. Come Sail Away wasn't a love song power ballad. It was about UFOs aliens ala Children of the Sun or other pop culture of that time. Babe is every bit in line with Beth, Peg, Thank You, etc.. You don't have to like it, but it was along the same lines as those others. Come Sail Away was definitely a better song.,. Not what I'd call a power ballad by any means though.. Unless we're going to say they were in to anal probes..

And if you really think Mr Robato or anything off Kilroy was better than either of those you need serious help..

Cough cough cough.. Come Sail Away wasn't a love song power ballad. It was about UFOs aliens ala Children of the Sun or other pop culture of that time. Babe is every bit in line with Beth, Peg, Thank You, etc.. You don't have to like it, but it was along the same lines as those others. Come Sail Away was definitely a better song.,. Not what I'd call a power ballad by any means though.. Unless we're going to say they were in to anal probes..

And if you really think Mr Robato or anything off Kilroy was better than either of those you need serious help..

Oops, here's another power ballad by Styx I'd forgotten about. Try ranking this one above or below Babe hahahaha..

We need to get this back on track. Styx does not meet the definition of 'best artists'.

Van Halen - Me Wise Magic

The Clash - We are the Clash

It's just sad when you know they are capable of so much more (unlike Styx).

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Hardly the worst of his. Kinda catchy, actually, and it helps that Brinkley was the star of the video, so, I always imagine her strutting around while it's playing.
    I don't have the stomach to research his life's work for the worst. There's so many to choose from. If you want to torture Benny, use his greatest hits for background music as he's tied up and poked and pummeled.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Revolution #9

Not even a song, really, but I have no idea why the best band ever thought it was a good idea to put that garbage on what was otherwise a masterpiece.
    Yoko must have written that one.. Add in all of that lame background music they put on Yellow Submarine.

Well, it was a movie soundtrack, after all.

For some reason, both Rock the Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go make me unreasonably angry.

And the whole album this turd is on

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, it was a movie soundtrack, after all.
    Worst movie by the best artist?

Not Yellow Submarine. Do a hit of Sunshine and enjoy.

Yellow Submarine contains “Hey Bulldog” and “It’s All Too Much”, two vastly underrated Beatles tunes.

Doesn't "best artists" preclude Billy Joel's inclusion in this thread?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.