Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,241

    SLC UT How to find small office warehouse space

    Where is the best place to find small office warehouse space? Google always wants to turn up loopnet, but they don't have it, I look on KSL, and you can find some stuff there, but Now I need to find 1000-2000sq of warehouse space. I want to store cars there. Where should I be looking?
    Salt Lake is where I am looking. Closer to downtown the better, but I know that makes the price go up. I am after cheap for now.
    sigless.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    3,353
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    25% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT18'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,284
    Loopnet. There just may not be exactly what you are looking for and shit def is not cheap near downtown. or use a broker to find you something.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,241
    No it's not. But stuff down in South Salt Lake towards 33rd or more should be more affordable. Doesn't need to be fancy, just secure, with room for a few vehicles and a desk.
    sigless.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,241
    I have looked around on CL, KSL, and Loopnet many times, and i just feel like there is a lot out there that is not making its way into those channels, and the small stuff, I don't think owners want to deal with a broker, and broker doesn't want to waste their time. But I don't know where else to look. Drive around I guess, but that is time consuming.
    sigless.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,074
    Cruise the area where you want it and talk to the neighbors about who rents, availability, and the general scene.

    The old fashion way.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweepers
    Posts
    3,331
    .
    The BMW Addiction That Completely Destroyed This Man’s Life

    “Before we get to your car questions,” my former next door neighbor, Terrance, said, “I need to tell you both something. My wife left me. My kids won’t talk to me. I lost my job. I embezzled almost a half a million dollars because I’m addicted to BMWs, and have been hiding them all over the state. I’ll probably be going to prison soon.”
    https://jalopnik.com/the-bmw-addicti...n-s-1794882542

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,241
    what are you sayin Bromo?
    sigless.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweepers
    Posts
    3,331
    my first thought after seeing the thread was "sick, car garage", second thought was "remember that dude with all the BMW 2000s?"

    Having a commercial spot downtown is the gateway to elite mode in car collecting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,284
    i'd love to hear from a pro on this. I'm in the market right now to buy, and there isn't much besides some fucking awful looking 80's offices. I may end up leasing. There are a lot of buildings here in SLC not on Loopnet for lease, and there doesn't seem like there as a comprehensive commercial site like there is for houses. Correct? It does seem like an agent is the way to go, even for small guys like me. Ideally a good agent is driving around a couple times a week looking for non-listed buildings, but does that really happen? People are lazy. Maybe for a new agent that is motivated it's worth it and they do this. The big agents who are leasing 100,000 spaces and up don't have the time or need to do this is my guess. I have an agent, but the hunt has just started. I'm guessing he can help with going to buildings that are not for sale and making an offer for me, and if I lease he can negotiate a better price. So I'm glad I have him and I don't think I'm wasting his time, how much time am I really taking from him? Not much.

    What can I expect from an agent buying, or leasing from people with experience?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,241
    yeah, I worry that for what I want, it would be a waste of an agent's time. Maybe not. I am just surprised that there is not a better online listing app that shows small spaces for sale or lease.
    sigless.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,241
    I just found a site I like better than loopnet and KSL, 42floors.com
    sigless.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    4,849
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    i'd love to hear from a pro on this. I'm in the market right now to buy, and there isn't much besides some fucking awful looking 80's offices. I may end up leasing. There are a lot of buildings here in SLC not on Loopnet for lease, and there doesn't seem like there as a comprehensive commercial site like there is for houses. Correct? It does seem like an agent is the way to go, even for small guys like me. Ideally a good agent is driving around a couple times a week looking for non-listed buildings, but does that really happen? People are lazy. Maybe for a new agent that is motivated it's worth it and they do this. The big agents who are leasing 100,000 spaces and up don't have the time or need to do this is my guess. I have an agent, but the hunt has just started. I'm guessing he can help with going to buildings that are not for sale and making an offer for me, and if I lease he can negotiate a better price. So I'm glad I have him and I don't think I'm wasting his time, how much time am I really taking from him? Not much.

    What can I expect from an agent buying, or leasing from people with experience?
    I have no advice about finding an agent, we used the one who helped us sell the building. But in three years of looking (not because of our agents) I was impressed at how they knew about places that were going to go up for lease or sale before they listed. A lot of that game seems to be hoarding and trading information and gossip to connect people and spaces I don't know how much of that is from driving around and hire much is from their contact networks. I think if you have a good idea of what you're looking for you're not wasting an agent's time they do lots of little deals too.

    I can answer questions by PM if you want and ask any questions of my buddy who's a commercial real estate agent here. My experience is in selling a building, then buying and leasing space for a small business.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I just found a site I like better than loopnet and KSL, 42floors.com
    It is a rad site, but a couple listings are off-market so I'm wondering how accurate it is. i'll still use this a bit though, thanks! This is an interesting site, not sure if you need it but here's a link to SLC zoning: https://slcgov.zoningcheck.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I have no advice about finding an agent, we used the one who helped us sell the building. But in three years of looking (not because of our agents) I was impressed at how they knew about places that were going to go up for lease or sale before they listed. A lot of that game seems to be hoarding and trading information and gossip to connect people and spaces I don't know how much of that is from driving around and hire much is from their contact networks. I think if you have a good idea of what you're looking for you're not wasting an agent's time they do lots of little deals too.

    I can answer questions by PM if you want and ask any questions of my buddy who's a commercial real estate agent here. My experience is in selling a building, then buying and leasing space for a small business.
    Thanks Abe, I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •