Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    You guys have too much time on your hands, or perhaps a sealant huffing addiction. NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Dynaplugs are expensive, but they work great. How often are you guys putting holes in your tires that the expense of a dynaplug is a deal breaker?
    Quite a bit lately, but my Huck insert looks like chewed bubble gum and is just added weight at this point. I have a Rimpact I'm going to install tonight, so hopefully back to normal levels. I'm also a stubborn EXO hanger-on.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Dynaplugs are expensive, but they work great. How often are you guys putting holes in your tires that the expense of a dynaplug is a deal breaker?
    This. Also, since I installed Cushcore, the answer to "how often are you guys putting holes in your tires" is never.
    Cushcore FTW.

Anyone here tried the Granite Stash?
    At $19.95(MSRP) I'm wondering what it gives up to Dynaplug...

I'm also a stubborn EXO hanger-on.
    I think we've found the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    This. Also, since I installed Cushcore, the answer to "how often are you guys putting holes in your tires" is never.
    Cushcore FTW.
    I had an interesting conversation with a guy who owns a carbon rim company. He said that once their sponsored riders starting running cushcores, they started exploding rims really often. His theory is that cushcore actually puts more stress on the rim - it spreads out the impact over a wider area, but the stresses on the rim are much, much more frequent since any moderate to large impact is going to hit the cushcore foam, which then transmits the force to the rim (and it's placing that force on areas of the rim that maybe weren't designed with impacts in mind).

No idea if his theory is true, but I thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Anyone here tried the Granite Stash?
    At $19.95(MSRP) I'm wondering what it gives up to Dynaplug...
    Similar idea to this, but looks be be nicer and better executed.

My experience has been that Dynaplug works great, but isn't so much better that it's worth the additional cost, particularly with some of the new options, and the big fat plugs they're including. Every time I bought replacement plugs for my buddy's Dynaplug, I wondered why I wasn't buying my own full alternative setup for the same price as a set of refills. I'm a cheap bastard, and Sprockets needs some controversy to get the post count back up.

I think we've found the problem.
    Yeah, yeah. I tore the shit out of my Aggressor last week, and would have ordered a DD to replace it if I hadn't gotten that Rimpact to try. It's a vicious cycle.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I wondered why I wasn't buying my own full alternative setup for the same price as a set of refills. I'm a cheap bastard, and Sprockets needs some controversy to get the post count back up.
    You're speaking my language...

I had an interesting conversation with a guy who owns a carbon rim company. He said that once their sponsored riders starting running cushcores, they started exploding rims really often. His theory is that cushcore actually puts more stress on the rim - it spreads out the impact over a wider area, but the stresses on the rim are much, much more frequent since any moderate to large impact is going to hit the cushcore foam, which then transmits the force to the rim (and it's placing that force on areas of the rim that maybe weren't designed with impacts in mind).

No idea if his theory is true, but I thought it was interesting.
    Have you posted this elsewhere in Sprockets, I feel like I have read or heard this before.