Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ahhhhhh... 4mg can be a hit. The saying in this burgeoning industry is "start low, go slow" esp. for the edibles. Also, don't forget to look for something that is Sativa not Indica. That will give you more focus and less coma. Remember: Indica = "in the couch"
    Hahaha. Yep, that'd be it. My kids thought I was nuts and sweet at the same time.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Riser- check out Ceres, they are now open downtown in Burlington. Full range of Cbd products. Stopped in this weekend as Mrs Flounder is having issues with her shoulder. Helpful staff with decent selection. Cash or check only at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Will do. And I just like to bitch that VT won't go full retail legal.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Will do. And I just like to bitch that VT won't go full retail legal.
    Looks like they are studying it:

https://www.mpp.org/states/vermont/

Anyone try this stuff? https://www.stravacraftcoffee.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    That guy in the grey looks like he's having a moment. LOL!

That guy in the grey looks like he's having a moment. LOL!

They look like Stravassholes to me.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 08-14-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Looks like they are studying it:

https://www.mpp.org/states/vermont/
    Quit studying it and pass it on over to me, I sure would like some.

It needs some of that erl Bobby b is on about.

I have found CBD on its own to produce little to placebo - vaped CBD oil (under the federal thc limit) at varying doses with no other substances. It didnt do anything for pain at all on its own, helped a little bit in combo acetaminophen (could be because acetaminophen 's relationship with cannabinoid receptors), and I didnt get a chance to test it with an opioid at the time. I felt a little more chilled in social situations, but once again, not sure if it did anything. It didnt do anything for my general anxiety that I would occasionally get. It absolutely did not do a thing for sleep, even thc + cbd doesnt do that much for me (I need other cannabinoids in conjunction).

I personally want to find CBN oil, preferably with nothing else or just with other cannabinoids outside THC, basically minimally psychoactive (CBN is mildly psychoactive, though never done it with out thc)

I just found this site which seems too good to be true, https://potluckexpo.com, it has isolated cannabinoids like CBN, CBG, and CBD. They have them in combinations or by themselves in both tinctures and vape carts. If this site is legit and the amount of cannabinoid is what it says it is, Id love to get a vape cart of CBN. Hell, a cart of each and then use them to add extra cannabinoids to a dab. Hmmm the idea of crafting your own high....

This topic is important in my life. So, I will bare some soul. I have a myriad of afflictions that makes the pursuit of a balanced intake of CBD a necessary indulgence.

Some substantiation as it relates to the need; 38 broken bones, this excludes noses, fingers and toes. Chronic pain has been a companion for 40yrs.

Some of you have connected the dots; I have lived on the edge all of my life.

The most prevalent issues are a cumulus cloud (that’s what the mri looks like) of severe stenosis of the lumbar region; specifically herniated L3/4, ruptured L4/5 and a severed peroneal nerve at S1. I have been clinically disabled for 22 years. Coming on 15yrs legally and maybe 12 logistically. Seconded by cervical damage that makes my thumbs numb 25 days a month (summer) and lower lip maybe 10 days a month. The discomfort can extend to other parts of the face and hands if I ignore this region during PT.

PT is a requirement. Daily would be nice but, I missa few days a week. 2 Hours is a good day, 70 minutes or so to start the day is more the norm. By any measure, I make every effort to do something every day. If not, the body rebels.

The barometer plays havoc with assorted surgical repairs – 4 knees – 2 major, 2 minor. An Implant (acl cadaver) and a bone transplant with a grade4 TPF combined with a severed acl/mcl and split patella being the most dramatic. Fractured right hip, 1 clavicle, 1 arm, 5 wrists. These are just the surgeries and exclude a good many ER visits to set or otherwise treat 10+wrists, 2 forearms, 1 shoulder, 2 clavicles, orbital bone, jaw bone. This does not include somewhere north of 500 stitches. Two eyelids, a full brow, 1 ear, etc. etc..

4 full upper and lower sets of teeth (no denture). The last go around anchored by implants.

Couple the above with 5 TBI events that I can recall vividly; CTE is a definite concern.

Add all this to my personal military experience; (some would say “because of”) and you should have a clearer idea of the daily expectation of discomfort.

Stopping at the VA for an endless supply of pharmaceuticals like they were treats hasn’t been viable for a long while. Shitting like a squirrel has it draw backs. So the search for some type of panacea continues.

Through flowing alpy and no-postholio I have gained a somewhat limited understanding mandated by the fact I live in NJ. If I was in a legal state, I’m positive the quest for a balanced plan of cbd intake matched with particular strains in the right percentages would be so much easier.

AnyWho, my need is no different than anyone else truly seeking some relief from whatever ails you.

From a medicinal view only; decarboxylated flower brewed into coconut oil has been my go to along with pre-prepared syringes used sublingually when I can get them. Vaping concentrates can be very effective but, don’t work for extended periods of time. Ingested orally, the beneficial effects can last many hours. This is a topic all unto itself.

So my take-away so far is that (even if there was dispensary across the street), the objective is a moving target. Once you realize that CBD is beneficial to you, dosage and frequency are constant variables that you will endlessly modify.

As to living with pain. If you can keep it moving, you’re moving forward. Today it’s the knee, tomorrow the shoulder, the next it’s the foot. If pain lingers in one place for more than 72 hours-ish, something has to change.

None of this has anything to do with sitting down to a big ass bong-hit.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    This topic is important in my life. So, I will bare some soul. I have a myriad of afflictions that makes the pursuit of a balanced intake of CBD a necessary indulgence.

Some substantiation as it relates to the need; 38 broken bones, this excludes noses, fingers and toes. Chronic pain has been a companion for 40yrs.

Some of you have connected the dots; I have lived on the edge all of my life.

The most prevalent issues are a cumulus cloud (that’s what the mri looks like) of severe stenosis of the lumbar region; specifically herniated L3/4, ruptured L4/5 and a severed peroneal nerve at S1. I have been clinically disabled for 22 years. Coming on 15yrs legally and maybe 12 logistically. Seconded by cervical damage that makes my thumbs numb 25 days a month (summer) and lower lip maybe 10 days a month. The discomfort can extend to other parts of the face and hands if I ignore this region during PT.

PT is a requirement. Daily would be nice but, I missa few days a week. 2 Hours is a good day, 70 minutes or so to start the day is more the norm. By any measure, I make every effort to do something every day. If not, the body rebels.

The barometer plays havoc with assorted surgical repairs – 4 knees – 2 major, 2 minor. An Implant (acl cadaver) and a bone transplant with a grade4 TPF combined with a severed acl/mcl and split patella being the most dramatic. Fractured right hip, 1 clavicle, 1 arm, 5 wrists. These are just the surgeries and exclude a good many ER visits to set or otherwise treat 10+wrists, 2 forearms, 1 shoulder, 2 clavicles, orbital bone, jaw bone. This does not include somewhere north of 500 stitches. Two eyelids, a full brow, 1 ear, etc. etc..

4 full upper and lower sets of teeth (no denture). The last go around anchored by implants.

Couple the above with 5 TBI events that I can recall vividly; CTE is a definite concern.

Add all this to my personal military experience; (some would say “because of”) and you should have a clearer idea of the daily expectation of discomfort.

Stopping at the VA for an endless supply of pharmaceuticals like they were treats hasn’t been viable for a long while. Shitting like a squirrel has it draw backs. So the search for some type of panacea continues.

Through flowing alpy and no-postholio I have gained a somewhat limited understanding mandated by the fact I live in NJ. If I was in a legal state, I’m positive the quest for a balanced plan of cbd intake matched with particular strains in the right percentages would be so much easier.

AnyWho, my need is no different than anyone else truly seeking some relief from whatever ails you.

From a medicinal view only; decarboxylated flower brewed into coconut oil has been my go to along with pre-prepared syringes used sublingually when I can get them. Vaping concentrates can be very effective but, don’t work for extended periods of time. Ingested orally, the beneficial effects can last many hours. This is a topic all unto itself.

So my take-away so far is that (even if there was dispensary across the street), the objective is a moving target. Once you realize that CBD is beneficial to you, dosage and frequency are constant variables that you will endlessly modify.

As to living with pain. If you can keep it moving, you’re moving forward. Today it’s the knee, tomorrow the shoulder, the next it’s the foot. If pain lingers in one place for more than 72 hours-ish, something has to change.

None of this has anything to do with sitting down to a big ass bong-hit.
    Jeebus.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Jeebus.

What would the $6 Million Man cost today?

Holy fuckn shit Gepeto.

Wow. Just getting through the day must feel like a victory. Evel Knievel, is that you?

^^^
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

-Hunter S. Thompson

Did I take him to literally?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Or getting to the end in a morbidly obese, prolapsed pile of sweaty, skin shedding flesh. Unable or unwilling to get your body clean. Knees and ankles screaming from load bearing... bitching about the dystopia to anyone that will sit near you long enough to listen.

Those close to you wondering how soon you'll take your last breath.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Just getting through the day must feel like a victory
    Sometimes I forget to put on my happy face
    ​I am not in your hurry

i hope you had fun getting all that pain, gepeto!

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I have found CBD on its own to produce little to placebo - vaped CBD oil (under the federal thc limit) at varying doses with no other substances. It didnt do anything for pain at all on its own, helped a little bit in combo acetaminophen (could be because acetaminophen 's relationship with cannabinoid receptors), and I didnt get a chance to test it with an opioid at the time. I felt a little more chilled in social situations, but once again, not sure if it did anything. It didnt do anything for my general anxiety that I would occasionally get. It absolutely did not do a thing for sleep, even thc + cbd doesnt do that much for me (I need other cannabinoids in conjunction).
    Probably a matter of dosage. If you make a cbn edible insanely potent, it will knock someone the fuck out. Back in the days when I'd never heard of the decarb curve, I made butter that was basically a tranquilizer dart. I didn't know what I was doing so I'd use a ridiculously high amount of product (it was free) and I'd leave the water bath simmering for 4 to 5 hours. So, unbeknownst to me, I was decarbing much of the THCA all the way to CBN. The resulting butter was blended about 1 to 2 into melted chocolate and had to be kept chilled. The chocolate was just to make it palatable enough to choke it down. I don't know what the dosage was but I've never tried a store bought edible that was even remotely as strong as the shit I'd make by accident. I'd guess a one inch square of the stuff was at least 10x more potent than a typical edible candy.

Basically, no one who used it could stay awake unless they were physically active. You simply could not sit around on the stuff. If you tried to watch a movie or listen to music, you'd pass out. Then you'd wake up groggy on the couch five hours later with a mild headache, feeling a little dehydrated and with the odd sensation that your eyeballs had swollen up one size too big. Since everyone reported this soporific effect, I'd say it is possible to make CBN product that is an effective sedative but the industry doesn't do those high dosages because of the side effects. If you really want to sleep, just take more than the recommended dose. A lot more. At retail prices, however, that could get spendy in a hurry.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 08-29-2018 at 03:08 PM.

^^^
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

-Hunter S. Thompson

This was in my mother's obituary, it was her favorite saying. Great stuff.

^^^

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    This was in my mother's obituary, it was her favorite saying. Great stuff.

That's awesome! Hang in the Gepeto!

I've never used a topical...

A New Way of Getting High Is as Easy as Applying Deodorant

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article...ying-deodorant

NanoSerum, a product of NanoSphere Health Sciences, which delivers microscopic particles of THC right into her bloodstream. It’s an amber-colored gel that comes in a pump dispenser and leaves no stickiness or color, “like a deodorant,”
    ​I am not in your hurry

^^^

-Hunter S. Thompson

The second question is "Has it been worth it?" In other words, does the hurt suck so bad I regret having lived and played so hard.

Hmm, don't think about it often. Relative to Wyeaster's question; living with the results really keeps you in the present. Living in fatburbia where 99% of the people hate winter drives off the positive vibes, even in summer.

I can't run, I can't ride a bike or a motorcycle. So, my pt is limited to apparatus and hard labor like felling a tree or building a masonry wall. The "goodness" if you will, is left to reminisce, which I don't really do (yet).

to ski is the only thing that brings the past into the present.
    ​I am not in your hurry

thc deodorant; i'm fine but my armpits are high as fuck
    ​I am not in your hurry