Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    There's no thc because it has cbd isloate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Thanks KQ, I PMd Splat about his cream and will wait for his next batch. Also ordered some oil to check out as someone I was talking to said they were only taking the oil and it made a huge difference. This pain thing is new to me as it just came about the end of last summer. I first got a gel shot (synvik??) which did nothing and got a cortisone shot in January, which helped a ton but I still get pain, especially at night and in the morning.

"I'm a big proponent of stretching. I've been dealing with different degrees of knee injury & pain for more than 30 years which now certainly includes arthritis, and keeping my calves, quads and most importantly my hamstrings nice and stretched out seems to take the strain off the knees."

Yes Powpig, i should definitely do some stretching. I've never stretched out before exercising or sports and never had to for some reason. Now that I'm older (60 this year) it's probably time to stretch, especially in the a.m. when it is very tight. I feel like the scarecrow in the W of OZ. Oil--oil,
    Yeah, stretching is key, but PT knee exercises are just as critical. You need to fire all the muscles that support the knee joint. The stronger and more limber the support group, the better...and ride a bike.

I take cycling classes during the winter and now that it's warm out and stays light later I ride almost every day, weather permitting. My normal route is 26 miles on a hybrid, dodging rush hour traffic and I ride hard. Knee feels fine while riding, it's afterwards that it hurts a bit. I used to swim laps during the summer, but my local pool is closed this year. I'm thinking that would be nice low impact resistance and might have to find a nice outdoor lap pool. I hate swimming inside.

New batch Thursday.

Chef Splat
    watch out for snakes

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    There's no thc because it has cbd isloate in it.
    I don't think a little thc would hurt it, personally.

Not saying it needs it. I'm just a thc fan.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't think a little thc would hurt it, personally.

Not saying it needs it. I'm just a thc fan.
    Yeah, agree. But then its illegal most places and cannot ship...legally. Dumb law of the land

I'm a fan of thc, too, but in order to be legal, I have to keep it cbd only and thank gawd for isolate making it easy to keep it that way.
    I suggest taking a couple hits on a joint for polishing off the full effect.
    Beyond that, heat up some concentrate/oil and stir it in if you want that thc topically

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    i should definitely do some stretching. I've never stretched out before exercising or sports and never had to for some reason. Now that I'm older (60 this year) it's probably time to stretch, especially in the a.m. when it is very tight. I feel like the scarecrow in the W of OZ. Oil--oil,
    From personal experience, I find that when my knee starts hurting it almost always means that I need to stretch my quads and open up my hips. Sitting at a desk all day results in short quads and mis-aligned hips that put extra strain on the knees. Not to mention, riding a bike doesn't exactly encourage a large range of motion.

Look up how to do the couch stretch properly (focus on proper hip position) and give it a try for a few minutes on each leg each night. That might help you a ton or it might not but it's the cheapest option for sure. For me, it has the added benefit of also relieving a tight lower back (likely caused by hips that aren't mobile enough as a result of sitting all day).

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    From personal experience, I find that when my knee starts hurting it almost always means that I need to stretch my quads and open up my hips. Sitting at a desk all day results in short quads and mis-aligned hips that put extra strain on the knees. Not to mention, riding a bike doesn't exactly encourage a large range of motion.

Look up how to do the couch stretch properly (focus on proper hip position) and give it a try for a few minutes on each leg each night. That might help you a ton or it might not but it's the cheapest option for sure. For me, it has the added benefit of also relieving a tight lower back (likely caused by hips that aren't mobile enough as a result of sitting all day).
    I had to google that stretch and found this advice:

So, bring your leg up only if you can maintain the other positions previously discussed and you aren’t displaying any autonomic nervous system responses. These include but are not limited to:

Inability to control breathing
    Shaking
    Sweating like a whore in church
    Inability to keep both eyes open simultaneously
    Involuntary bowel evacuation
    Projectile vomiting

Seriously, though, if it seems like too much, it is. Put your ego in check and back off a notch. Slow and steady wins in the mobility game.

You forgot to post the link your search produced, mtm.

Just finished making the new batch. 4.7 oz jars @2000mg and 2.2 oz jars @1000 mg.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That link is kind of funny. What I meant by proper form is simply take it easy and don't think that just because some ballerina can bend her joints 220 degrees that it's healthy for normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    That link is kind of funny. What I meant by proper form is simply take it easy and don't think that just because some ballerina can bend her joints 220 degrees that it's healthy for normal people.
    I think they covered that, and I felt pain scrolling through it. And I still don't know what it's about.

I ordered some cream from Splat which is en route, but previously ordered some oil online which came today. It seems like snake oil potion. Put .5 ml under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing?? Wondering how TF a tiny drop can do anything, but I've heard good things and it will be worth it if it works.

It's been an hour and my knee still hurts How long before you see results with the oil?

How many mg of cbd are in the bottle?

Put it directly on the fuckdupo knee
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    How many mg of cbd are in the bottle?
    It says 250mg and 17mg/ml.

Certainly one drop at a time won't do shit. The whole bottle is 250 mg. What's a milliliter? More than a drop....

I started making this salve cause when I was working in the shop through the holidays, I was busting through a bottle like that daily and getting a little relief, but not much. I both ate it and rubbed it on my shoulder.

So I should increase the dosage or it's not strong enough?

Yes, and understand how it is absorbed so you make he best of it. Read this article and you'll understand why I put dmso in my cream, as well as how it's absorbed orally.

No article linked but I'm going to apply the cream in addition to the oil drops. Did i read that i should apply the cream with those surgical gloves. I assume just dab on a bit and rub it in.

OK, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this stuff, but after learning that my neighbor is a flat earther I figured anything was possible. I ordered some oil online and started using that when i got it Friday. I then received the 2.2 oz jar @1000 mg from Splat on Saturday and put some on my knee Saturday night. I thought it felt better that same night, but assumed it was just my imagination. I now take the oil at night and apply a small amount of cream in the morning and night.

There is an absolute improvement in my knee to the point where I can sleep at night without fussing around for an hour getting my knee into the perfect position. My knee is much more flexible, especially in the morning when I could normally hear and feel crunching in my knee when flexing. Right now I am not 100% , but easily 50% better than before. Psyched to see what will happen after using this for a few more weeks. This is for arthritis BTW.

Thanks Splat and all for the advice.