Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Must be sister states with Louisiana.

CBD Oil - Official Thread

Washington mags I need your help. My partner will be traveling to Washington and would like to pick up some high CBD:THC stuff. She's mainly interested in sublinguals or tinctures. The two products she's used and likes are only available in CO are the SUM Relief and the 60:1 tincture from marQaha. Any recommendations for specific stores that sell products like these? It looks like Fairwinds would be similar.

Edited to add that the Eastern part of the state is where she’s traveling to. We’ll call to check who carries Fairwinds. Thank KQ.

https://www.marqaha.com/tinctures
    https://www.summicrodose.com/
    https://fairwindscannabis.com/produc...-201-tincture/
    Last edited by concretejungle; 06-08-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Cool.
    I will PM you.
    FKNA
    Thankyou Splat for getting this to me so quickly.
    Mother in law will give it a go next week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Washington mags I need your help. My partner will be traveling to Washington and would like to pick up some high CBD:THC stuff. She's mainly interested in sublinguals or tinctures. The two products she's used and likes are only available in CO are the SUM Relief and the 60:1 tincture from marQaha. Any recommendations for specific stores that sell products like these? It looks like Fairwinds would be similar.

Fairwinds for the win! Everything they make is top notch - they are a seed to sale company with amazing (i.e. educated in bio engineering, science etc) people behind their products.

A Greener Today carries their full line. They have six locations in Washington.

Edit/Add: She'll probably see and have recommended another Washington brand called "Green Revolution." I started with them and while they aren't bad they aren't as wonderful as Fairwinds. Their potency isn't comparable to Fairwinds and the water/coconut oil base isn't as pleasant as the avocado oil/mango Fairwinds uses.

I know she's not looking to get high but there is science behind the enhancing effect of terpenes in mango and THC:

How mangoes can increase a cannabis high
    Last edited by KQ; 06-08-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I luv mangos.
    watch out for snakes

Love to find some mango oil. As in oil extract from mangoes.
    You got any info on avacado oil and how might impact uptake for both oral and topical use, KQ?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Love to find some mango oil. As in oil extract from mangoes.
    You got any info on avacado oil and how might impact uptake for both oral and topical use, KQ?
    From Fairwinds site:

We have transitioned to avocado oil from coconut oil for even further improved health benefits and higher bio-availability. Avocado also contains a high supply of healthy and desirable mono-unsaturated fatty acids and poly-unsaturated fatty acids with a whopping 13% Omega-6 composition, a profile that has been shown to help support wellness. Avocado oil is not just a carrier oil, it is one of the powerful active ingredients. Other tincture mediums are known to suffer from separation and have a high potential for microbial growth, and some are just plain unhealthy to consume. Fairwinds tinctures are formulated with an emphasis on purity and quality, are shelf stable, anti-microbial by design and the medium itself provides wellness support. With a soft, smooth & non-oily feeling, avocado oil provides a clean, natural & rich experience.

And this from

Healthline - How to Use Carrier Oils

Avocado oil is a heavy, thick, edible oil made from avocado fruit. It has a nutty aroma.

Avocado oil is high in oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid thought to help dry, damaged skin.

Uses: This can be a good carrier oil for dry skin remedies and body creams — unless you’re dealing with acne. Avocado oil may increase sebum production, so if your skin is acne-prone, check with your dermatologist before use.

Here's a bit on Mango oil extract (Check out it's scientific name - interesting!)

Mango oil

Mango oil is a seed oil extracted from the stone of the fruit of the Mangifera indica. The oil is semi-solid at room temperatures, but melts on contact with warm skin, making it appealing for baby creams, suncare balms, hair products, and other moisturizing products.

Looks like you can buy it online. Just need to do some research on exactly what you're getting and product purity.

Mango Kernel Oil Organic 100% Pure by Dr.Adorable 16 Oz/1 Pint
    by Dr Adorable
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

You can get mango butter and mango oil although the latter seems mostly for fragrance.

Used Shea butter the most for lotion and soap.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post

Edited to add that the Eastern part of the state is where she’s traveling to. We’ll call to check who carries Fairwinds. Thank KQ.

Hey CJ!

Forgot to mention - if your partner is able to get to a Greener Today store let her know that everyday until 11am they have an early bird special of 15% off and on Sunday's the entire store is 20% off (at least that is the case here in W2, I imagine it holds true for all their stores).

If she is at all interested in vaping they have tankers by Dose of Sour Tsunami which is wonderful! Of course you can also ingest it. I tend to like to vape ST but have tried it in my morning mocha with very pleasant results.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Used Shea butter the most for lotion and soap.

LOVE Shea butter! Used to be a Washington cannabis company called Craft Elixers that made a wonderful salve with a shea butter base. Unfortunately they went bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    From Fairwinds site:

We have transitioned to avocado oil from coconut oil for even further improved health benefits and higher bio-availability. Avocado also contains a high supply of healthy and desirable mono-unsaturated fatty acids and poly-unsaturated fatty acids with a whopping 13% Omega-6 composition, a profile that has been shown to help support wellness. Avocado oil is not just a carrier oil, it is one of the powerful active ingredients. Other tincture mediums are known to suffer from separation and have a high potential for microbial growth, and some are just plain unhealthy to consume. Fairwinds tinctures are formulated with an emphasis on purity and quality, are shelf stable, anti-microbial by design and the medium itself provides wellness support. With a soft, smooth & non-oily feeling, avocado oil provides a clean, natural & rich experience.

And this from

Healthline - How to Use Carrier Oils

Avocado oil is a heavy, thick, edible oil made from avocado fruit. It has a nutty aroma.

Avocado oil is high in oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid thought to help dry, damaged skin.

Uses: This can be a good carrier oil for dry skin remedies and body creams — unless you’re dealing with acne. Avocado oil may increase sebum production, so if your skin is acne-prone, check with your dermatologist before use.

Here's a bit on Mango oil extract (Check out it's scientific name - interesting!)

Mango oil

Mango oil is a seed oil extracted from the stone of the fruit of the Mangifera indica. The oil is semi-solid at room temperatures, but melts on contact with warm skin, making it appealing for baby creams, suncare balms, hair products, and other moisturizing products.

Looks like you can buy it online. Just need to do some research on exactly what you're getting and product purity.

Mango Kernel Oil Organic 100% Pure by Dr.Adorable 16 Oz/1 Pint
    by Dr Adorable
    GF called it. New summer treat is mango infused popsicles!

M series with no-post Q on CBD....

No, you won't get high on CBD. Except elation from being pain free.

I've been getting some good traction with bodyworkers and therapists now ordering the bulk of my CBD cream. Ran into an old friend yesterday who is a chemist and got rich in packaging of all sorts. He said when I outgrow my kitchen he has a machine that will do heated autofills of my jars that he'll let me use. Stoked, mostly because I'm building up biz on word of mouth only and it's accelerating smoothly.

That sounds great, glad to hear it.

Been using the goo on my knee and a couple other parts.

So far so good.
    watch out for snakes

5 CBD SECRETS
    Little-known facts about cannabidiol and CBD oil

https://www.projectcbd.org/about/5-cbd-secrets

Splat...HAvnt read through the whole thread. Any advice for plantar fasciatus and your cream ? Helpfull ?
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Several years ago I was beginning to develop PF in my right foot. I used Imu oil and it went away over a period of a couple months. It has not returned.

Can not say that cured it or it just got better on its own. YMMV
    Last edited by SB; 06-19-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    Splat...HAvnt read through the whole thread. Any advice for plantar fasciatus and your cream ? Helpfull ?
    I had PF last year for a bit but didn't put any cream on it, as I hadn't developed mine yet, so, no, haven't had anyone try yet. What it has done for my shoulder has been nothing short of miraculous.

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    Never had PF but have used Spat’s cream for gout in my foot and was able to avoid taking any, (including Advil), drugs for it. I’ve had that shit for 25years and that’s never happened. So, I’d definitely give it a go! Works well on feet.

Schwerty - how's that shoulder? Mine just keeps getting better and is on the verge of exceeding my *good* (right) shoulder. Had to lift a 200 lb gate supinated the other day and my bicep tendon didn't even flinch.
    A few months ago I would have been unable to use my arm for a week. That tendon used to geek out carrying groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Schwerty - how's that shoulder? Mine just keeps getting better and is on the verge of exceeding my *good* (right) shoulder. Had to lift a 200 lb gate supinated the other day and my bicep tendon didn't even flinch.
    A few months ago I would have been unable to use my arm for a week. That tendon used to geek out carrying groceries.
    great! Just shy of normal! Still wake up with pain if I sleep wrong or move wrong but daily pinching and stabbing pain when lifting my arm is pretty much gone outside of once in a while. Been working on stretching too which was tough before the cream...always fuckin hurt. I’m pretty much using the cream as a spot treatment. If I workout I use it at night and the next morning. If I sleep wrong I throw some on. Row a boat on the river....I use it.

The tendon and ligament tears as well as the cartilage damage are still there, obviously. But, I think the cream has relieved enough inflammation that I can now do the things, (stretching, weights, shoulder exercises and band), that help stabilize and strengthen!

Thx for the good work!

Here is a 3 part podcast of CBD and endocannabinoid system. Haven't listen to it yet, but putting it here so I can find it when I have an hour.
    https://kannaboomers.com/27-twenty-4...binoid-system/
    https://kannaboomers.com/twenty-420-...earch-studies/
    https://kannaboomers.com/twenty-420-...bis-confusion/

Hemp is here but hasn't arrived, Senate told
    By DON JENKINS Capital Press Jul 25, 2019 Updated 22 hrs ago

Hemp has a long way to go before joining mainstream agriculture, a U.S. Senate committee was told Thursday, even as farmers in Oregon and Washington continue to embrace the plant's new legal status.

Kentucky farmer Brian Furnish said he's learned a lot about hemp the past five years, such as don't believe the hype. The crop can be hard to grow, harvest and sell, he said.

"The reality is you can make a living growing hemp, but you will not become rich growing hemp in one year," he told the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee.

Furnish, several federal officials and a hemp industry representative testified on the challenges hemp growers still face, even though Congress legalized hemp in the 2018 Farm Bill.

The challenges include a lack of certified seeds, approved pesticides and crop insurance, and the uncertain regulatory future of hemp's hottest product, cannabidiol or CBD, marketed as a health supplement.

In the past two weeks, another 124 farmers have registered to grow 4,565 acres of hemp in Oregon, bringing the total to 1,766 growers and 58,438 acres, according to the Oregon Department of Agriculture. The acreage has grown by about 500% over 2018.

In Washington, the number of licensed growers has nearly tripled to 102 in the past two months. Last year, the state had one hemp farm.

The executive director of the National Hemp Association, Erica Stark, said hemp fiber could someday replace plastic or paper in many products, creating a "massive" hemp industry. For now, though, the demand for CBD drives the market, she said.

"The future of that is largely going to depend on how (the Food and Drug Administration) handles this and what kind of regulatory framework we have," she said.

CBD is a non-intoxicating chemical compound made from the flower. The product commonly known as hemp oil is pressed from seeds.

The FDA has sent warning letters to companies marketing CBD for cancer, Alzheimer's disease and opioid withdrawal. The agency a year ago approved CBD to treat two rare and severe forms of epilepsy.

The FDA reported that three clinical trials found that CBD was more effective in reducing seizures than a placebo. The studies identified side effects, but the agency concluded the benefits outweighed the risks.

"FDA learned that CBD is not a risk-free substance. CBD can harm the liver, create a sense of exhaustion and affect your appetite," said Amy Abernathy, deputy commissioner for Food and Drugs.

There has been an "explosion" of CBD products, such as lotions, gummies and chocolates, she said. The FDA does know not the effects of regularly using these products over a long time without a doctor's supervision, she said. "To our knowledge, the studies haven't been done."

Furnish traced Kentucky's move to hemp to declining demand for tobacco. He said he and other farmers have learned by trial and error. Cutting 23-foot-tall hemp plants was fine after he bought special equipment from Germany and Australia, he said.

"Many farmers have tried to use hay equipment to bale fiber, and it's an absolute disaster," he said.

"I would encourage any farmer who wants to start in this industry to first talk with somebody who's done it for awhile," Furnish said. "By the way, there's no expert in the hemp business because they don't exist."

What’s everyone’s opinion nowadays on flying with cbd oil or mailing it?

Seems hemp based cbd with no more than .03% thc is legal.

What about traveling with the stronger stuff?

I’m flying back to Stl from SD on Friday and this stuff has really helped my tinnitus.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    What’s everyone’s opinion nowadays on flying with cbd oil or mailing it?

Seems hemp based cbd with no more than .03% thc is legal.

What about traveling with the stronger stuff?

I’m flying back to Stl from SD on Friday and this stuff has really helped my tinnitus.

I would put it in your packed luggage. Honestly you just don't know with some of these non-legal states. I know you're talking CBD and that the federal prohibition has been lifted but there are places like ID, WY and TX that have a history of arresting people carrying CBD oil on their person. Not worth the hassle IMO.

If you're using hemp derived CBD you should be able to order that online once you are home provided your state hasn't enacted specific laws prohibiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I would put it in your packed luggage. Honestly you just don't know with some of these non-legal states. I know you're talking CBD and that the federal prohibition has been lifted but there are places like ID, WY and TX that have a history of arresting people carrying CBD oil on their person. Not worth the hassle IMO.

If you're using hemp derived CBD you should be able to order that online once you are home provided your state hasn't enacted specific laws prohibiting it.
    I’m actually changing planes in texas. But I read they legalized hemp based cbd in Texas as well(.03). I can’t see them holding you while they send it to the lab for thc %

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m actually changing planes in texas. But I read they legalized hemp based cbd in Texas as well(.03). I can’t see them holding you while they send it to the lab for thc %

you are talking about Texas.