Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've been using indica vape but last night tried a 1:1 CBD/THC to help me sleep on my broken ribs. Worked very well (in addition to 1300 mg of Tylenol, 10 mg of oxycodone, and 900 mg of gabapentin. Need to try and get the Tylenol down, for the sake of my liver.)

According to the stoner at the shop the THC and CBD work differently on pain so the combo is better than either alone. He might be right. The brand is Himalaya--first vape cartridge I've tried that doesn't make me cough. I don't get edibles for pain, unless someone is lying around the house and on cannabis around the clock, due to the lag time. When I take something occasionally for sleep or for pain I'd like it to work fast.
    Entourage effect doc... entourage.....

Cannabis’s Entourage Effect: Why Whole Plant Medicine Matters

and another view:

Some of the Parts: Is Marijuana’s “Entourage Effect” Scientifically Valid?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Jong question: might I get better pain relief from a 2:1 cbd:thc cream than I do from hemp based cbd only cremes? My knees, back, and shoulders are all fucked up and I just got a new medical mj card that allows me to get cream with thc in it. I'm new to all this so will no doubt have more questions but thanks for all the info in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Jong question: might I get better pain relief from a 2:1 cbd:thc cream than I do from hemp based cbd only cremes? My knees, back, and shoulders are all fucked up and I just got a new medical mj card that allows me to get cream with thc in it. I'm new to all this so will no doubt have more questions but thanks for all the info in this thread.
    Personally I would give both a try if you've got that luxury just so you can contrast and compare.

That said I use a1:1 cream that has essential oils and terps.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Cool, thanks.

The person who wrote that article is named Angus Chen, which is a pretty weird name.

Sorry, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The person who wrote that article is named Angus Chen, which is a pretty weird name.

Sorry, carry on.
    That fucker can throw a keg of Sapporo 25 meters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Worked very well (in addition to 1300 mg of Tylenol, 10 mg of oxycodone, and 900 mg of gabapentin. Need to try and get the Tylenol down, for the sake of my liver.)
    Skip the Gaba, unless you are taking it long term, on a schedule, it doesn't do shit. Cut the tylenol in half, and add in ibuprofen. Sure the CBD and THC might help, but the others are proven.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post

LOL!!! Does he wear a Kilt or a Hakama?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Skip the Gaba, unless you are taking it long term, on a schedule, it doesn't do shit. Cut the tylenol in half, and add in ibuprofen. Sure the CBD and THC might help, but the others are proven.
    The gabapentin works. You have to push the dose. 1800 that I'm taking is bare minimum. I'm trying to get up to 2700. Definitely on a schedule, and I think it's going to be months. 5 weeks so far. Definitely not adding nsaids. Contradictory evidence re bone healing, not taking any chances on my t spine healing. Strong evidence re cardiac risk and I'm high risk. The safest drug I'm taking right now is the oxycodone but the docs will only give me so much.

It's important to understand that all drugs, including otc, have risks and side effects. For managing pain the best way to minimize risk is to use low doses of multiple drugs, which is why I'm on 4. Do not underestimate the risks of nsaids. I've fixed plenty of perforated ulcers and placed dialysis access in NSAID users.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post

He can probably throw a keg of Miller Lite 30 meters
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

The gabapentin works. You have to push the dose. 1800 that I'm taking is bare minimum. I'm trying to get up to 2700. Definitely on a schedule, and I think it's going to be months. 5 weeks so far. Definitely not adding nsaids. Contradictory evidence re bone healing, not taking any chances on my t spine healing. Strong evidence re cardiac risk and I'm high risk. The safest drug I'm taking right now is the oxycodone but the docs will only give me so much.
    Fair enough, you are/were a doc iirc. Wife has been on gaba for a while with nerve pain so that's what she tells me when I try to take hers for my sciatica. She is taking a shitload.

CBD doesn't seem to do much for her, or my sciatica.

I've only got one functional kidney so I'm definitely taking it easy with the NSAIDs. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do though.

Fair enough, you are/were a doc iirc. Wife has been on gaba for a while with nerve pain so that's what she tells me when I try to take hers for my sciatica. She is taking a shitload.

CBD doesn't seem to do much for her, or my sciatica.

I've only got one functional kidney so I'm definitely taking it easy with the NSAIDs. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do though.
    Dood. Are you getting any bodywork? There's a lot of hands on therapies that can fix sciatica in one treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Dood. Are you getting any bodywork? There's a lot of hands on therapies that can fix sciatica in one treatment.
    Other than my wife rubbing my ass with some CBD salve, no .

In the past I've found little long-term relief from from our massage therapist for sciatica. She's good, like world renowned, but I only go see her when it hurts real bad.

So far this morning, I'm hoping to go skiing today, so I've gotten the CBD rub down, lots of stretching with some muscle relaxers, whiskey in the coffee, whiskey in some stout, Vitamin I, heating pad. Feeling pretty good.

In the past I've found little long-term relief from from our massage therapist for sciatica. She's good, like world renowned, but I only go see her when it hurts real bad.

So far this morning, I'm hoping to go skiing today, so I've gotten the CBD rub down, lots of stretching with some muscle relaxers, whiskey in the coffee, whiskey in some stout, Vitamin I, heating pad. Feeling pretty good.
    Are you able to have THC with your job? Are you in a legal state or close to one?

I cannot say enough about Sour Tsunami. It is the bomb! It is very high in CBD and low in THC and give you a nice relaxing mood lift along with the pain/inflammation relief. As far as the THC content goes it is perfect for lightweights like me. A heavy user will probably not feel the THC at all which is not really why you use ST anyway - it's more for the CBD benefits.

I get CO2 oil and vape it (3-4 draws) but have also put some in my coffee (little more than a grain of rice) for an all day clear headed "ain't nothing going to bother me" feeling.

Sounds quite similar to my ski day today.
    I'll say it again, a really good body worker with positional release techniques can usually cure that shit in a session.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Sounds quite similar to my ski day today.
    I'll say it again, a really good body worker with positional release techniques can usually cure that shit in a session.
    It's pretty crazy, but I skied pretty aggressively on hardback today, which usually kills my back. But it actually went pretty well and I feel pretty damn good now. One or a few of the things I did worked. I could barely move this morning, took a few hours of tuning up, but it worked like really well. I was banging the steeps, went for a hike, even hit some moderate jumps. 100% different than how I thought it would go when I struggled out of bed this morning.

You are going to feel like shit tomorrow.

Please prove me wrong, honestly.

I never believed in masking pain. By any means.

There is no super cure for ...

I went down on my bad shoulder skiing yesterday. Was amazed I didn't totally tweak it. Woke up this am and it's sore but not nearly as fucked up as i thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You are going to feel like shit tomorrow.

Please prove me wrong, honestly.

I never believed in masking pain. By any means.

There is no super cure for ...

Well, I don't feel like shit. A little tight, but not incapacitated like yesterday am. Dealing with sciatica is more about stretching the muscles and using them. Getting out moving always helps. The rest of the meds were just supplemental.

One time I was talking to a guy maybe 45 years old about fixing his hernia. In the course of the conversation he told me--Doc, one day after I turned 40 I woke up feeling terrible, hurt all over. It took me a couple of years to realize that day was the best day of the rest of my life.

I'm not sure it's THAT bad---in my case it happened in my 60's. In a way the pain is a good thing--keeps us from doing stuff even stupider than what we do.

One time I was talking to a guy maybe 45 years old about fixing his hernia. In the course of the conversation he told me--Doc, one day after I turned 40 I woke up feeling terrible, hurt all over. It took me a couple of years to realize that day was the best day of the rest of my life.

I'm not sure it's THAT bad---in my case it happened in my 60's. In a way the pain is a good thing--keeps us from doing stuff even stupider than what we do.
    Wait... so what was he saying? That the day he woke up feeling terrible was better than he feels now or that because he felt terrible he got a prescription for pain killers and now it's all sunshine and roses?

Just finished my newest batch of CBD cream (THC-free), bumping it up to 2000mg of CBD in a 4 oz jar, essentially a 1.75 increase of CBD per volume. And it is noticeably that much more potent, taking it into the realm of absolute instant relief. Been doing some homework on the other ingredients since it has healed my shoulder, only to find that DMSO is the kissing cousin of MSM. Both infuse sulfur into cells. Sulfur is absolutely necessary at the cellular level in order to heal joints, etc. My healing on my shoulder is at the point I can sleep on it, something I haven't done in over a year. And I don't need to put the cream on it every day because the constant pain twinge when I use that arm has all but disppeared. I am extremely stoked, as I developed the cream out of necessity for my own personal pain control and now I'm dialing in the herb additives and CBD dosage to make it better every batch. Fukking stokified and putting together a business plan to go into production, either farming it out or renting out a lab kitchen to do it myself.

I'm regretting not carrying some around at all times.

Rotator cuff is killing me today and can't wait to get home to rub Cbd balm on it. Shit worx
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797