Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

CBD Oil - Official Thread

Talk to me about how and why you use it and what products you like and don't like!

I posted some questions in the marijuana thread but the conversation there is pretty narrowly focused so I thought perhaps we needed a separate thread for CBD oil.

Here's my story:

I'm just starting to get into CBD oil for general body aches and pains that come with age and doing physical work. Started with pure CBD oil at night before bed in some herbal tea and had a great nights sleep with minimal discomfort in the morning (better than when I would take two Advil plus 1 ex strength Tylenol).

This is my main reason for trying CBD Oil: lower back generally aches on an off but it's worse when I sleep. I get stiff from laying in one position and if I roll or move in my sleep the discomfort/ache/pain will wake me and I have trouble getting back to sleep. Yoga has helped greatly but I need just a bit more help which is why I've turned to CBD oil.

My next step after the straight oil is to try one with a microdose of THC which is supposed to enhance the CBD. I haven't tried it yet but just picked up this product:

Fairwinds Ratio 5:1 Tincture

The 5:1 ratio is an effective blend of CBD and THC, containing sufficient amounts of both cannabinoids for a diverse array of support. This ratio provides a functional, clear-minded balance to those sensitive to THC.

I'm a stoner from way back though I don't smoke anymore (my lungs get assaulted enough from dirt/dust/bad air) so I'm sticking with the "start low, go slow" protocol with regard to edibles containing THC.

A great product... lots of info
    https://marysmedicinals.com/
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

For people who have dogs that are scared of fireworks or thunderstorms, the CBD products can help a lot. Still better to sit there with a bunch of hot dog bits to make the fireworks fun if you can, but a lot of people don't have a chance to set off enough to really get the dog ok with them. Same for the thunderstorms unless you live somewhere like the front range in summer.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Topical salve works quite well for some. If anyone wants details speak up otherwise I won't bore everyone with a wall of words.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Topical salve works quite well for some. If anyone wants details speak up otherwise I won't bore everyone with a wall of words.
    We've found that in our household too
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Love AC/DC over here also. Harl-Tsu as well-> we have two lady's going of H-Tsu. Our other two are also high CBD but I can't recall the name.

I'll write out our salve making process later if someone wants. But like Bobby said it's pretty simple-> basically just bubble hash mixed with coconut oil.

My step mother has had MS for about 20 years. She had never smoked pot and has no desire to get high. As the MS got worse the pain got worse, and she was eventually prescribed opiates. The opiates were of course not ideal. She stopped the opiates and switched to pure CBD oil. It helped but wasn't strong enough at times. She is now on a 1:1 CBD/THC oil, and it is the most effective pain relief she has ever had.

I know KQ doesn't have MS, just sayin'

I’ve been using this stuff for my aching hands, it has helped a bit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1533434665.162063.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	243296
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I've tried of handful of the non-thc CBD's and I'm unconvinced of their effectiveness for me. The CBD cream has been awesome though. Had shoulder and bicep surgery about 9 weeks ago and the cream is a life-saver.

Following this thread. I'm curious about CBDs not for pain but for anxiety.

Was a stoner years ago too but the last time I had a toke - pretty recently - I really hated how it made me feel. It actually increased my anxiety. I don't want to do that.

I have asked lots of peeps if getting that kind of high is a risk with CBD's but have never really had a clear answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

Was a stoner years ago too but the last time I had a toke - pretty recently - I really hated how it made me feel. It actually increased my anxiety. I don't want to do that.

I have asked lots of peeps if getting that kind of high is a risk with CBD's but have never really had a clear answer.
    Using the dog example, CBDs do anecdotally seem to help many dogs with anxiety issues. I have known people with severe social anxiety who say that CBD helps them. But, with people you don't tend to hear as much from the ones who aren't helped. If it were me, CBD products are fairly affordable and for myself I would try them if severe anxiety were an issue.

I haven't heard of people feeling paranoid or otherwise anxious from CBD.

I sell Floyd’s:
    https://floydsofleadville.com/shop/
    PM me if you want 20% of MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    I've tried of handful of the non-thc CBD's and I'm unconvinced of their effectiveness for me. The CBD cream has been awesome though. Had shoulder and bicep surgery about 9 weeks ago and the cream is a life-saver.
    This is what I have found as well after buying in OR, CO, and some non-thc CBD in SLC.

I use it for soreness and inflammation after climbing (especially on longer trips). I feel less achy and it's replaced ibuprofen for that. I also use it before bed and I think it's made a difference in my ability to fall and stay asleep as well as the quality of the sleep I get.

My girlfriend uses it for the same and she has some rub stick that we use for acute pain. She's used the transdermal patches and thinks they work the best for whole body aches and pain.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 08-05-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    Looks like I really need to try the topical. The straight oil before bed is def. helping me sleep better and awake more rested but I still have a hitch in my lower back. Probably from bucking that 2t of hay and the fact that I've fallen off my 3x week yoga. I still need to try they CDB+THC tincture I bought yesterday but I'm going to finish the straight oil first. I running my own personal "clinical trial." LOL!

I can give you my clear answer: CBD oil does not get you high if you use a product derived from Hemp. I have not tried CBD oil derived from marijuana yet.

I've done a lot of reading lately on this and these are a few of the articles that I found helpful.

What is CBD (Cannabidiol) And What Does It Do?

7 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects)

Finding The Optimal Therapeutic Ratio Of THC And CBD

CANNABIS DOSING

Someone posted this up thread - lots here to read, haven't gotten through it all yet:

Mary’s Medicinals

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I can give you my clear answer: CBD oil does not get you high if you use a product derived from Hemp. I have not tried CBD oil derived from marijuana yet.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but FWIG hemp is just a strain of sativa and CBD is CBD regardless of the strain it came from.

I"ll do some reading. Gracias.

I use the tinctures now that I am out of home made butter to make muffins with. For sleeping, an indica that is 10 THC to 1 CBD works best for me.
    For my lower back pain, I must sleep with a small/thin pillow between the knees and I wake up good.
    The CBD creams can work really well for sore limbs. My wife hurt her arm working out and after bitching for a week about it I remembered I had some cream left. Worked like a charm for her.
    As far as anxiety from smoking, I don't feel that if I smoke a good hybrid that is mostly sativia. Rainbow sherbet is high on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^ thanks.

I found this interesting

If, somehow, marijuana grows among (or close to) a hemp field, the hemp’s pollen would immediateately ruin the marijuana crop, diluting marijuana’s psychoactivity.
    I'm somewhat skeptical about that.

Again if I'm wrong please correct--> Cross contamination would make the buds seedy but it will not change the DNA or THC content of the Mary Jane until the second generation (the seeds from the contaminated hemp x MJ cross) like any other cross bred plant.

I don't get anxious or paranoid from smoking, I just don't like the feeling of being high for some reason. The anxiety comes from other places.

This may sound weird but it is what it is: I think what bugs me is knowing that the high is completely out of my control, can't come down if I want to and have to ride it out being uncomfortable or not feeling normal. I know exactly what X number of beers or cocktails will do, how long it lasts, how to handle or minimize it if I have too much.

No clue with weed any more (since 40 years ago when weed was a very different commodity), and I'm a little concerned I'll experience something similar if I try CBD's. I think not knowing what to expect is keeping me from going there.

^ I get anxious and even anxiety attacks from high THC strains. Same when I'm sober.. OTHO CBDs are smooth sailing. IMO it's not a high at all. Almost the opposite. Just start with super low dose and go from there.

https://youtu.be/hCDAfa-NI-M

I don't get anxious or paranoid from smoking, I just don't like the feeling of being high for some reason. The anxiety comes from other places.

This may sound weird but it is what it is: I think what bugs me is knowing that the high is completely out of my control, can't come down if I want to and have to ride it out being uncomfortable or not feeling normal. I know exactly what X number of beers or cocktails will do, how long it lasts, how to handle or minimize it if I have too much.

No clue with weed any more (since 40 years ago when weed was a very different commodity), and I'm a little concerned I'll experience something similar if I try CBD's. I think not knowing what to expect is keeping me from going there.

I'm a pot smoker from way back. I know the feeling of getting/being high and being too high. I've smoked cheap three finger baggies of Columbia Gold, Puna, knife hits of hash oil and Couch lock indica and a lot more. I REALLY used to enjoy getting high and I can tell you there is simply nothing there with CBD oil. Nothing.

The most I've had is 20mg at a time. I get no high, no rush, no relaxed feeling, no distracted thoughts or hyper focused activities like house cleaning. I've taken it mostly at night but also during the day without any issues (been experimenting with dosage and timing. I've taken 10mg at night and nothing during the day. Then I tried 10mg at night and another 10mg in the morning and finally 20mg all at once). So far, so good. I haven't forgotten to feed the animals or where I put the truck keys or been unable to carry a thought through to the end of a conversation nor have I eaten all the food in the house.

This is what I've started with based on a friend's recommendation who uses one of these a day with her morning coffee (They mailed them to me):

Honeystix 20mg 10-Pack

If you're going to do CBD edibles with THC in them it was suggested to me, since I don't like getting out of control high anymore, to go with microdoses of Sativa. Get yourself some 10mg. gummies and only take half a piece. See how that works for you. I haven't gone there yet but that is my next step after the 5:1 CBD/THC tincture. Word is "start low, go slow" with the new edibles on the market unless of course you're a major stoner then by all means have at it.

I picked up some of these to try:

CRAFT ELIXIRS
    Pioneer Squares | PINEAPPLE PIONEER SQUARES CBD
    5.1mg CBD/4.9mg THC
    Available individually, or 10 packs

Fruit chews with pineapple baked inside.

CRAFT ELIXIRS
    Pioneer Squares | CBD Sour Cherry
    A soft fruity candy chew with candied fruit morsel at its center.
    10mg CBD/.8mg THC per chew.
    Available individually, or 10 packs

Holy shit KQ is old school! I knew we had a bond... even though you hate me over my political doubt...

Anyhow I agree 100% with her. Great info up there^^^