Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    No bueno in Idaho.

On second thought, how's your mom's retirement portfolio? Does it beat a cot and 3 hots?

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Thank you KQ. Yes, I read that more is not better but thought that was for the THC infused. I'll be reading up on this subject. I'm interested in trying it out now for myself. I could definitely stand to be less cranky .

You know... maybe it is for the THC infused. Honestly I've read so much in the last week or so that my head is swimming. At one point the meter was swinging the other way for me. I'd gotten into a series of articles that were interviews with pharmacology academics who were down on CBD saying it was nothing and potentially harmful and truthfully at that point I wasn't sure it really was doing anything for me but that was when I was only taking 10mg. I was a bit bummed at that point in my quest for information but decided to forge ahead and moved up to the 20mg. a day.

Aside from the first nights incredible sleep I can't say that I've had an instantaneous "OMG" moment. It has been more a realization over days for me like yoga class yesterday. Hell, the mere fact that I was at 8:30am yoga was something. Lately I simply have not wanted to make an effort but yesterday I really wanted to go. I was actually excited about going and for the last couple months I haven't been excited about anything and have felt quite cynical and down at times.

Who knows, there are so many variables that could add or subtract to account for changes that have nothing to do with the CBD oil or it could actually help. All I know is that right now I feel more engaged and upbeat and I'm sleeping better without waking up sore and stiff. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'd gotten into a series of articles that were interviews with pharmacology academics who were down on CBD saying it was nothing and potentially harmful
    Alcohol and tobacco corporate bootlickers

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    LOL!! Yeah I wondered about where their loyalties lie so I did some digging on them and didn't find anything obvious like they sat on the board of Johnson & Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    Some may be, but there's also not a lot of controlled study of CBD. But, lack of evidence in the form of controlled studies doesn't mean it can't be useful. In the past there was a lot of resistance to acknowledging that it was useful with childhood epilepsy. Case in point, a child going from multiple seizures a day to virtually none a week isn't a controlled anything, but meaningful to the child.

there are plenty of pedophiles to replace them with.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    needs to be taken off the schedule 1 classification but then that would put the prison industrial complex into jeopardy. SAD

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This is true. And is doing *actual* science on ganja a major disservice.

Fucking hippies ruin everything...

No, everybody else ruins it for the hippies.

This product is lovely:

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Following this thread. I'm curious about CBDs not for pain but for anxiety.

Was a stoner years ago too but the last time I had a toke - pretty recently - I really hated how it made me feel. It actually increased my anxiety. I don't want to do that.

I have asked lots of peeps if getting that kind of high is a risk with CBD's but have never really had a clear answer.
    I know people who have tried CBD to help with anxiety and they have reported mixed results. Some have claimed that it helps with their anxiety. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but it is probably a preferable alternative to getting ripped out on Xanax. Any side effects seem to be minimal.

I've tried it myself - maybe I feel a little more relaxed after ingesting some, but it certainly doesn't get you stoned. If getting stoned makes you feel paranoid or anxious, I would not worry about trying CBD.

This product is lovely:

Do want.

Not sure how interested you are in my CBD experiments but I'm going to tell you anyway. LOL! I'll try to be brief and succinct.

As mentioned up thread the first CBD product I tried was a 20mg honey stix from CBD-lish (CBD oil in honey I mixed with tea, coffee or just hot water). Jury is out on on how well the body absorbs CBD through digestion but I felt I had a benefit in the form of less tension and elevated mood (probably due to less tension in my body). That said I think I may have felt so good that I overdid it and further stained my SI joint. Sometimes pain is helpful to keep us from being stupid I guess. After that (re-straining) the oral CBD had a hard time touching the pain in my SI joint and the tension in my neck which I think was due to sinus pressure (smokey conditions messing with my notoriously bad sinuses - I'm just all messed up or maybe I'm just old.. LOL!)

Enter Nectar Craft 1:1 Transdermal Salve. 1:1 means it has both CBD and THC in roughly equal amounts. This stuff is the bomb! In a wonderful base of shea butter with a great smell it does the trick for sore muscles and bruises. Has a bit of a tingling sensation too like so many muscle rubs. According to their FB page they are mixing up seasonal scents like lavender and cinnamon, orange & clove.

I'm out of the pure CBD honey stix so I moved up to a 5:1 ratio tincture by Fairwinds (11mg CBD/2.4mg THC). Evidently studies have shown that adding microdoses of THC enhances the benefits of the CBD and I wanted to see if this was indeed true. This product is administered sublingual (under the tongue) for quicker absorption. The THC is derived from both Sativa (happy focused THC) and Indica (mellow, sedative THC). You get a cannabis smell when you open the bottle but the flavor is light and fruity and the mouth feel pleasant not oily (they use Avocado oil as a base and flavor it with Mango). I did get a bigger mood elevation from this product due to the THC and while I'm not entirely sure if the THC is actually enhancing the CBD or just allowing me to relax and release tension the result is still positive. Not having used any THC products for years I did feel a bit of hit off the meager 2.5mg dose each dropper full provides. Yeah, lightweight, I know.

I liked the Fairwinds product but still want something on hand without any THC so next up will be a tincture by CERES called Relief Super CBD Tincture. This product is in a coconut oil base.

The CERES product is described as follows:

CBD: 250mg

Made from strains chosen for their unique ability to block pain, Ceres Relief blend is formulated with Horse Chestnut, willow bark, and turmeric. Relief contains a powerful combination of pain relieving ingredients that supports the body’s ability to heal inflammation, sore muscles, aches and pains.

Unfortunately I cannot get it in W2 so I'm going to have to wait until a friend brings it back from Seattle for me. So there you have it so far, my CBD trial. FYI: My goal is to find a product that will take me off of Advil/Tylenol for general body aches and inflammation.

/blog

Not sure how interested you are in my CBD experiments but I'm going to tell you anyway. LOL! I'll try to be brief and succinct.

As mentioned up thread the first CBD product I tried was a 20mg honey stix from CBD-lish (CBD oil in honey I mixed with tea, coffee or just hot water). Jury is out on on how well the body absorbs CBD through digestion but I felt I had a benefit in the form of less tension and elevated mood (probably due to less tension in my body). That said I think I may have felt so good that I overdid it and further stained my SI joint. Sometimes pain is helpful to keep us from being stupid I guess. After that (re-straining) the oral CBD had a hard time touching the pain in my SI joint and the tension in my neck which I think was due to sinus pressure (smokey conditions messing with my notoriously bad sinuses - I'm just all messed up or maybe I'm just old.. LOL!)

Enter Nectar Craft 1:1 Transdermal Salve. 1:1 means it has both CBD and THC in roughly equal amounts. This stuff is the bomb! In a wonderful base of shea butter with a great smell it does the trick for sore muscles and bruises. Has a bit of a tingling sensation too like so many muscle rubs. According to their FB page they are mixing up seasonal scents like lavender and cinnamon, orange & clove.

I'm out of the pure CBD honey stix so I moved up to a 5:1 ratio tincture by Fairwinds (11mg CBD/2.4mg THC). Evidently studies have shown that adding microdoses of THC enhances the benefits of the CBD and I wanted to see if this was indeed true. This product is administered sublingual (under the tongue) for quicker absorption. The THC is derived from both Sativa (happy focused THC) and Indica (mellow, sedative THC). You get a cannabis smell when you open the bottle but the flavor is light and fruity and the mouth feel pleasant not oily (they use Avocado oil as a base and flavor it with Mango). I did get a bigger mood elevation from this product due to the THC and while I'm not entirely sure if the THC is actually enhancing the CBD or just allowing me to relax and release tension the result is still positive. Not having used any THC products for years I did feel a bit of hit off the meager 2.5mg dose each dropper full provides. Yeah, lightweight, I know.

I liked the Fairwinds product but still want something on hand without any THC so next up will be a tincture by CERES called Relief Super CBD Tincture. This product is in a coconut oil base.

The CERES product is described as follows:

Unfortunately I cannot get it in W2 so I'm going to have to wait until a friend brings it back from Seattle for me. So there you have it so far, my CBD trial. FYI: My goal is to find a product that will take me off of Advil/Tylenol for general body aches and inflammation.

/blog
    Very nice.

I should add that you only need a small amount of the Nectar Craft transdermal salve. A little goes a long way with shea butter - it melts nicely esp. right out of the shower. For lack of a better measurement, I probably used a small to medium sized blueberry amount on my lower back to soothe my sore SI then just rubbed what was left on my hand on my neck which was more than enough to feel relief.

Also, my reason for trying the Ceres product is because of their use of herbs to further enhance the CBD. Thought I'd test it out and see if there is anything to it. They make an entire line of CBD/THC tinctures with herbs for all sorts of issues.

Check it out:

http://ceresgarden.com/tinctures.html

So jelly. Not of your pain. Rather that you can buy something OTC legally that works, that I can't buy. Just because of my zip code.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So jelly. Not of your pain. Rather that you can buy something OTC legally that works, that I can't buy. Just because of my zip code.
    Where are you? Upstate NY? (notice you smell poutine).

Also want to say about the Fairwinds 5:1 though I was already taking 20mg of CBD a day I went with the lower dose of CBD (11mg) because the THC is supposed to boost the benefit of the CBD and I would say it does because even though I had a lower dose of CBD I felt relief the same. Whether it is because the psychoactive effect relaxes you or because it binds to the CBD releasing more good stuff I don't know. Or it could be the delivery - I took the 20mg orally in tea.
    The 11mg was sublingual. Ugh.. so many variables!

Fairwinds does make other ratios plus they make a product for pets:

Fairwinds Tinctures

Interestingly the higher CBD ratio tinctures have less THC

Where are you? Upstate NY? (notice you smell poutine).
    I am in South Quebec. Vermont to be exact. I can see NY from here. I gotta go up the hill to see Canada. As mentioned earlier, I am not interested in growing my own [two mature plants] at this time for a variety of reasons. I am gonna try CBD products as a few issues are getting worse. However, like all medicines, I don't like to take things regularly or for very long. And I like to be able to get what I need without being in a registry or having a prescription. OTC activated erl would be the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I am in South Quebec. Vermont to be exact. I can see NY from here. I gotta go up the hill to see Canada. As mentioned earlier, I am not interested in growing my own [two mature plants] at this time for a variety of reasons. I am gonna try CBD products as a few issues are getting worse. However, like all medicines, I don't like to take things regularly or for very long. And I like to be able to get what I need without being in a registry or having a prescription. OTC activated erl would be the bomb.
    Riser- check out Ceres, they are now open downtown in Burlington. Full range of Cbd products. Stopped in this weekend as Mrs Flounder is having issues with her shoulder. Helpful staff with decent selection. Cash or check only at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    ^ I get anxious and even anxiety attacks from high THC strains. Same when I'm sober.. OTHO CBDs are smooth sailing. IMO it's not a high at all. Almost the opposite. Just start with super low dose and go from there.

https://youtu.be/hCDAfa-NI-M
    I've suffered from lower back pain and overall muscle aches for years. A co-worker in the know recommended a product known as Funny Honey, saying it's psychoactive/CBD ratio wasn't that pronounced, and that after several doses my issues with pain would subside. Recommended dosage was 35mg of honey, so being cautious, I dosed at a third of that. After several looong hours of being completely baked, anxious, and sleepless, I finally came down. Am I doomed to never get any of the benefits of CBD/THC mixture, and stuck with a CBD only product? This was one of the milder blends on the shelf, I was told, so I'm feeling a little bummed about my prospects. Any sage advice would be welcomed.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

^Lucky enough to be mentored by a few wholesome maggots... I'm sure someone will chime in with a more definitive answer - strain is important in regard to each individual' perceived effect

ime cannabis-derived CBD with low/minut traces of THC dull the senses. I find the THC content important to overall wellness and pain relief
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    I've suffered from lower back pain and overall muscle aches for years. A co-worker in the know recommended a product known as Funny Honey, saying it's psychoactive/CBD ratio wasn't that pronounced, and that after several doses my issues with pain would subside. Recommended dosage was 35mg of honey, so being cautious, I dosed at a third of that. After several looong hours of being completely baked, anxious, and sleepless, I finally came down. Am I doomed to never get any of the benefits of CBD/THC mixture, and stuck with a CBD only product? This was one of the milder blends on the shelf, I was told, so I'm feeling a little bummed about my prospects. Any sage advice would be welcomed.

Do you have any idea what kind and the amount of THC you consumed? I did a search and couldn't find it under "Funny Honey" but I did find this amusing article:

What A Workday Feels Like High On THC Honey

If you can get me the name of the product you tried I'll do some research for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

ime cannabis-derived CBD with low/minut traces of THC dull the senses. I find the THC content important to overall wellness and pain relief
    ^^ that is my sense of the THC/CBD combo too. The THC seems to help relax pain tension more than anything but then I don't know what type of chemical reaction might be happening too.

I carry a lot of tension in my body from aches and pains so even if the pain is in my knee I end up hunching my shoulders thus causing discomfort there too.

CBD Oil - Official Thread

Have a friend in cali with a kid diagnosed with duvets. When the kid was 9 or 10 (12yo now), they tried cbd for a year. They felt pretty informed about the decision. They drove monthly into the adjacent county to get their product and apparently paid a lot both for the medical advice and product (neither covered under insurance). They gave up after a year and moved onto other strategies to control seizures. They were pretty bummed that it didn't work out for their kid. In the process, they loss their neurology team that had been working with the child since infant diagnosis because the team did not support the decision for cbd. It was a high stakes decision that didn't work out.

Personally, i occasionally use a high cbd to thc ratio honey that a friend makes, who is a beekeeper. I usually take it when having back issues or headaches for neck muscle issues. The amount that i take is enough for an extremely mild head change but i consistently experience good results for the muscle stuff.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 08-14-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Do you have any idea what kind and the amount of THC you consumed? I did a search and couldn't find it under "Funny Honey" but I did find this amusing article:

What A Workday Feels Like High On THC Honey

If you can get me the name of the product you tried I'll do some research for you.

^^ that is my sense of the THC/CBD combo too. The THC seems to help relax pain tension more than anything but then I don't know what type of chemical reaction might be happening too.

I carry a lot of tension in my body from aches and pains so even if the pain is in my knee I end up hunching my shoulders thus causing discomfort there too.
    Cannalicious Hybrid Oil. I was mistaken on the amounts recommended and ingested. Only 10mg for the recommendation, I reckon I took about 4. It's a 1:1 ratio product. After seeing some of the previous posts, I'm thinking a 3-5:1 cbd to thc might be more palatable. Seriously, I was ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Cannalicious Hybrid Oil. I was mistaken on the amounts recommended and ingested. Only 10mg for the recommendation, I reckon I took about 4. It's a 1:1 ratio product. After seeing some of the previous posts, I'm thinking a 3-5:1 cbd to thc might be more palatable. Seriously, I was ruined.

Ahhhhhh... 4mg can be a hit. The saying in this burgeoning industry is "start low, go slow" esp. for the edibles. Also, don't forget to look for something that is Sativa not Indica. That will give you more focus and less coma. Remember: Indica = "in the couch"

Can’t remember if I posted this but I have meant to-> neighbor about a mile away has about 7-10 acres planted in what I’d have to assume is high CBD no THC weed.

Prolly illegally watering it as he does not have water rights... but it is along a creek so maybe it’s roots went crazy and went down into the 10-20 feet into the water table.

Impressive regardless.