Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    CBD Bitters for your holiday Manhattan anybody? I got this from the wife for Christmas. Giving them a solid test run tonight. She said the company was amazing to work with. http://mountainelixirs.com/#sip
    Name:  SampleSet-324x324.png
Views: 542
Size:  71.5 KB
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

CBD in everything bandwagon. When is too much? Suppositories anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Suppositories anyone?
    PM Rontele
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I’ve been doing some research, I want to see if CBD oil the helps with ADD and focus.

https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/produ...gory/extracts/

These guys looked good and came recommended

Any other refs for a basic oil to help with focus and old age pains.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    CBD in everything bandwagon. When is too much? Suppositories anyone?
    I've wondered about this myself. Fairwinds makes some. Why? Not something I want to do myself but here's what the internet has to say about the reasons for taking suppositories:

Suppositories may not be the most pleasant product you’ll ever use. But they can make it easier to take medicine that you can't swallow or that your stomach or intestines wouldn't absorb well.

Types of Suppositories

Suppositories have a base made from substances like gelatin or cocoa butter that surrounds the drug. As the warmth of your body melts the outside, the drug slowly releases.

Different types of suppositories go into the rectum, vagina, or the duct that empties your bladder, called the urethra. Sometimes they treat the area where you put them in. Or the medicine absorbs into your blood and travels to other parts of your body.

Rectal suppositories go in your bottom. They are about an inch long and have a rounded or bullet-shaped tip. You might take them to treat:

Allergies
    Anxiety
    Asthma
    Constipation
    Fever
    Hemorrhoids
    Motion sickness
    Nausea
    Pain and itching
    Mental health problems, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder

Why Use Them
    You might need a suppository if:

The drug you’re taking would break down too quickly in your digestive tract if you took it as a pill or liquid.
    You can’t swallow medicine.
    You’re vomiting and can't keep a pill or liquid down.
    The medicine tastes too bad to take by mouth.

and I think they left out that perhaps some people just like sticking things up their arse
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've wondered about this myself. Fairwinds makes some. Why? Not something I want to do myself but here's what the internet has to say about the reasons for taking suppositories:

Suppositories may not be the most pleasant product you’ll ever use. But they can make it easier to take medicine that you can't swallow or that your stomach or intestines wouldn't absorb well.

Types of Suppositories

Suppositories have a base made from substances like gelatin or cocoa butter that surrounds the drug. As the warmth of your body melts the outside, the drug slowly releases.

Different types of suppositories go into the rectum, vagina, or the duct that empties your bladder, called the urethra. Sometimes they treat the area where you put them in. Or the medicine absorbs into your blood and travels to other parts of your body.

Rectal suppositories go in your bottom. They are about an inch long and have a rounded or bullet-shaped tip. You might take them to treat:

Allergies
    Anxiety
    Asthma
    Constipation
    Fever
    Hemorrhoids
    Motion sickness
    Nausea
    Pain and itching
    Mental health problems, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder

Why Use Them
    You might need a suppository if:

The drug you’re taking would break down too quickly in your digestive tract if you took it as a pill or liquid.
    You can’t swallow medicine.
    You’re vomiting and can't keep a pill or liquid down.
    The medicine tastes too bad to take by mouth.

and I think they left out that perhaps some people just like sticking things up their arse.
    Ya. No.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    I’ve been doing some research, I want to see if CBD oil the helps with ADD and focus.

https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/produ...gory/extracts/

These guys looked good and came recommended

Any other refs for a basic oil to help with focus and old age pains.
    First thing you need to do is move out of WV to a legal state

I started with hemp derived CBD and did notice benefits but it really took off when I started using cannabis derived CBD with micro doses of THC (entourage effect). Either way you go I would recommend 10 - 20mg per day based on my experience.

Note: I wasn't using it for ADD so I can't answer to that but it was a game changer re: old age pains. For focus I rely on good ol' THC - a mellow sativa or hybrid.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Wife bought a bottle of Ned full spectrum hemp oil a few weeks ago. I've tried it out a half dozen or so times now with no apparent benefit to, well, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wife bought a bottle of Ned full spectrum hemp oil a few weeks ago. I've tried it out a half dozen or so times now with no apparent benefit to, well, anything.
    I've had very few hemp based CBD that had any noticeable effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    For me it's not like taking an aspirin. Benefits IMO are long term from continued use with at min. dosage of 10mg per day to receive full anti-inflammatory effect. I can say that CBD does nothing for my sinus headaches that I get due to allergies but using a topical CBD salve will help release tension in my neck and shoulders that accompany my sinus headaches. I've even used it on my temples with some benefit.

Yanno, I'm sure it's no different than any drug that works for some and not for others.

Have I mentioned weight loss? I've dropped 10lbs without trying. Only thing I changed was taking the CBD oil which I've been using daily since August. I think I posted an article about the correlation (alleged, since there is no testing/studies) between CBD and weight loss. If you Google it you will find all kinds of stuff saying "yay" or "nay." Of course I don't know for sure except that my clothes are not really fitting anymore (and some are fitting better) and the comments people make about how I appear to have lost weight. I'm not skinnier than I was in my 20s and I have good energy/whatnot so I don't feel it's due to an undiagnosed disease. If anything I have more energy because I'm sleeping better due to taking CBD at night. Who knows but maybe one day we will when the Federal government gets it act together and allows research into CBD.

Here's two article from a quick search. Food for thought - not saying either is gospel:

Can CBD Help you Lose Weight?

Can Cannabidiol (CBD) Help Support Weight Loss and Metabolism?

Edit/Add: This probably goes without saying but I'm sure not all CBD products are created equal and it's just as likely other components in the product I take could be the reason for my positive results as much as the CBD. The stuff I take, Fairwinds AM Relief 300 and PM Relief 300 have herbal extracts as well as CBD and THC. I did not start out with these products but it is what I've settled on as working best for me.
    Last edited by KQ; 01-04-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Do want Fairwinds. My state is not there. :cry:

I purchased some hemp based CBD oil and slave from Lavender Blossoms a few weeks ago and have had positive results with sleeping. .5 - .75ml under the tongue before bed. My wife was not a fan of my purchase and offered me a huge eye roll when I told her I ordered it. Guess who refuses to go to bed without it now... We have never tried the fairwinds or a similar thc:cbd tincture so I can not compare them. Do I sleep great with a higher cbd flower strain, absolutley. Is that an option for the wife, nope. Salve applied to areas with tendonitis has provided relief too which was a pleasant surprise. Overall impressed as both my wife and I were extremely skeptical of hemp based CBD offerings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56799380263__9F917904-C681-4DA5-A7F7-E247685780AD 3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	863.7 KB 
ID:	263003

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    I purchased some hemp based CBD oil and slave from Lavender Blossoms a few weeks ago and have had positive results with sleeping. .5 - .75ml under the tongue before bed. My wife was not a fan of my purchase and offered me a huge eye roll when I told her I ordered it. Guess who refuses to go to bed without it now... We have never tried the fairwinds or a similar thc:cbd tincture so I can not compare them. Do I sleep great with a higher cbd flower strain, absolutley. Is that an option for the wife, nope. Salve applied to areas with tendonitis has provided relief too which was a pleasant surprise. Overall impressed as both my wife and I were extremely skeptical of hemp based CBD offerings.
    LOL! That's awesome esp. since you wife was a skeptic and found relief with it despite her doubts. Kinda speaks to there really being something to it since she didn't have expectations of a miracle cure.

My 88yo mother ruptured her Achilles (oy vey!) She ended up with a deep tissue pressure bruise from the boot she had to wear for 4 months. I got her some Fairwinds Flow Gel and bam! No more pain and she was up and moving rather than sitting around.

I've not used it myself yet as I still have some Nectar Craft Transdermal Salve which is a shea butter base (LOVE this stuff may not switch). My GFs 90yo mother uses Muscle Melt by Green Revolution (formerly Ethos) for her aching knees and swears by it.

Looks like you've got a few places to shop should you be interested in trying Fairwinds, Nectar Craft or Green Revolution:

https://fairwindscannabis.com/where-to-buy/

https://nectar-craft.myshopify.com/apps/store-locator

https://greenrevolution.com/find-our-products/

^ appreciate all the feedback and trials you have going on KQ. Always following along and with even more interest now that our n=1 trails are a success. Looking forward to testing your linked aides.

Funny I been pushing my mom. Got her to try a few (don't recall names) thc/CBD combos. Said one got her "loopy". I pointed her here. Feels weird and liberating at the same time. Mom welcome to tgr

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

^ appreciate all the feedback and trials you have going on KQ. Always following along and with even more interest now that our n=1 trails are a success. Looking forward to testing your linked aides.
    Funny, just the other day I was thinking for all I know I could end up like that guy in town who is blue from taking that silver stuff. I'll be sure and let you all know if anything funky happens. LOL!

My doc knows I'm taking it and I have given her some literature from Fairwinds so she can see what all is in the products. She was all for it as were the physical therapists who have been working with my Mom. I had to get her info on the salve so she could share it with them because they wanted to know where to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Funny I been pushing my mom. Got her to try a few (don't recall names) thc/CBD combos. Said one got her "loopy". I pointed her here. Feels weird and liberating at the same time. Mom welcome to tgr
    Hi Mom!

Not sure what you tried but I will say that the first time I used an oral 5:1 CBD/THC product I felt a bit buzzed but that dissipated quickly.

I also had a incident where after a hot shower I took a 5:1 tincture sublingually AND I rubbed some transdermal salve on my lower back then settled in to watch TV. It wasn't long before I realized I was high. LOL!! Again this was early in my CBD self-trails so I may have been more sensitive to the micro dose of THC contained in the products since I hadn't used THC for years. I also think having taken a hot shower contributed to a higher absorption rate due to open pores (they say that topical CBD/THC doesn't break the blood-brain barrier but I'm not so sure). It was pretty comical and again it didn't last too long plus I wasn't going anywhere so it was all good. Made the football game I was watching more interesting and I might have been a bit more animated yelling at some of the calls.

Just remember - no one has ever died or OD'd from THC. If the going gets weird do something to distract yourself, breath and know this too shall pass.

Ten Things To Do When You’re Too High

Any thoughts on CBD for migraines? My wife gets them often, and the past few weeks have been really bad.

any brands to look at? Would have to be hemp based since NJ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56799380263__9F917904-C681-4DA5-A7F7-E247685780AD 3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	863.7 KB 
ID:	263003
    What was the price on that 1000 mg bottle, like $75? And $55 on that salve?
    I might notice the 1000 mg doses but 250 mg in that salve gonna go quick.

I just got a gram of cbd isolate for $25 yesterday and added half of it to my kung foo go linament I've been making. That's 500 mg, since a gram is 1000 mg. Fuckin made a day and night difference on my torn up shoulder (ac, rc, labrum, and tendons fucked up bad) immediately. I'm basically bypassing the oil/salve/bottling/marketing of others to get the shit for less, combine it with other things that I know work, and happy about it. I'm also adding dmso to my goo for even better absorption on skin applications. I'm now collaborating with some friends to do a bulk buy on 100 grams to knock that price down further and am going to start doing bottled batches for friends.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

I just got a gram of cbd isolate for $25 yesterday and added half of it to my kung foo go linament I've been making. That's 500 mg, since a gram is 1000 mg. Fuckin made a day and night difference on my torn up shoulder (ac, rc, labrum, and tendons fucked up bad) immediately. I'm basically bypassing the oil/salve/bottling/marketing of others to get the shit for less, combine it with other things that I know work, and happy about it. I'm also adding dmso to my goo for even better absorption on skin applications. I'm now collaborating with some friends to do a bulk buy on 100 grams to knock that price down further and am going to start doing bottled batches for friends.
    I am interested in buying a bottle

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Spot on for the 1000mg. $24 for the salve. 10% discount code ITM to knock the price down a bit and free shipping.

The salve has been effective for bicep tendonitis so far. You clearly are getting your formula dialed in.

Looking forward to hearing more about the bottled batches and who makes the friend invite list.

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    Any thoughts on CBD for migraines? My wife gets them often, and the past few weeks have been really bad.

any brands to look at? Would have to be hemp based since NJ.
    Not an issue I deal with but these people seem to have a lot to say on the subject:

https://migraine.com/q-and-a/tried-cbd-oil-management/

Also:

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring/manage-migraines

It's not listed on Leafly's migraine list but I would add Sour Tsunami. I notice that both Sour Diesel and Sour Tangie are on the list so I think Sour Tsunami should be there too. It's one of my favorite CBD strains for body aches. Leaves you with a clear head and uplifted state.

What is Sour Tsunami?

Sour Tsunami is a strain that became famous for being one of the first to be specifically bred for high CBD rather than THC content. The result is a strain that’s effective at treating pain and inflammation without producing a significant “high” that is linked to high THC. Sour Tsunami CBD levels test as high as 10 or 11%, while THC is usually under 10%. Lawrence Ringo of the Southern Humboldt Seed Collective bred this strain over four years of hard work by crossing Sour Diesel plants with NYC Diesel. This sativa-dominant hybrid flowers within 9 weeks, producing dense, dark green buds with dark green and purple-tinged leaves. The buds have a familiar musky diesel smell with sweet undertones.

Without reading 9 pages....

KQ, can you give suggestion(s)?

47 yr. old male with slight depression (see below), knee and back pain (slipped disk, no meniscus, and chunky).
    44 yr. old female with anxiety and bad sleeper
    13 yr old chemo patient with anxiety due to leukemia and subsequent treatment symptoms.
    Last edited by gatorboy; 01-11-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Anybody got experience taking CBD during a t-break? It's going fine except that I'm sleeping like shit. I feel certain that'll pass, but if a little CBD before bed will help, I'd like to try. Just don't want to jeopardize the break. It looks like CBD doesn't bind to CB1 receptors, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Without reading 9 pages....

KQ, can you give suggestion(s)?

47 yr. old male with slight depression (see below), knee and back pain (slipped disk, no meniscus, and chunky).
    44 yr. old female with anxiety and bad sleeper
    13 yr old chemo patient with anxiety due to leukemia and subsequent treatment symptoms.

Are these people in legal states? Can they (with the exception of the 13yo) purchase products with micro doses of THC or do they have to stick to hemp derived CBD?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Anybody got experience taking CBD during a t-break? It's going fine except that I'm sleeping like shit. I feel certain that'll pass, but if a little CBD before bed will help, I'd like to try. Just don't want to jeopardize the break. It looks like CBD doesn't bind to CB1 receptors, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
    I'm assuming a t-break means you are not taking THC is that because you have to be clean for a test? If so keep in mind that there is a possibility CBD can trip a THC test or, like my GF's employer who is a goverment contractor, they could well test for CBD too. Though... now that a think about it... with the federal prohibition lifted on hemp maybe they will stop testing for it. I'll have to ask her.

Anyhoo..... I would recommend these:

https://www.cbdlish.com/product-page...x-20mg-10-pack

Name:  CBDlish Honey Stix.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  44.3 KB

It's where I started when I embarked on my CBD adventure. I def. slept better on it from the first time I used it. Just squeeze the straw into some hot water or herbal tea or straight onto your tongue before bed (I went the herbal tea route).

Sorry, tolerance break. Just seemed like a good idea. I’ve already got the CBD, just not sure I should use it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.