Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sterbenz gone from 4frnt, end of an era

-
    Last edited by skiingintherain; 08-04-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Can't say I'm surprised. Actually, IIRC, I think I predicted this when JLev bought 4FRNT.

RIP 4FRNT.

Fuck JLev.

I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. Actually, IIRC, I think I predicted this when JLev bought 4FRNT.

RIP 4FRNT.

Fuck JLev.

I'm out.
    This.

Thanks a ton for the feedback!

All product development decisions were made well over a year ago in order to be available for delivery this fall, as it takes that long to prototype, test and bring to market (same for all ski companies). Matt up till this week has been 100% responsible for all product development and management and my involvement very minimal as I have respect for his vision to be sure the brand stays true to it's DNA.

We actually did release a totally new ski this year, the MSP 107.

It took a ton of work by everyone on the team, Matt, athletes and the factory to dial in and win the amount of awards that will be announced in the coming weeks. Matt and I are really proud of how it turned out.

Regarding the descriptions, having too many exclamation marks, I applogize if it sounds out of tone for the brand. With Matt being so close to the product, he actually drove what you read, and myself and others in our office contributed as a team effort as always.

One of the big changes is how the descriptions are presented in an effort to give each aspect of a ski's info more room to go deeper. We all as a group decided to try to use that top section of the product page to communicate more about the way the ski feels when riding it, as casual conversation as if riding a chair with someone asking about them. Then moved the technical construction info and specs down to their own respective sections further down the page. This gave us more space for all three aspects of product info to go deeper per. Matt wrote all of the technology descriptions and created the spreadsheet that drove the specs provided as well.

My role in this company is honestly to make sure it stays in business financially, as it's been very financially challenged for over a decade and there's nothing I want more than to see it succeed while maintaining it's historic position in the market.

Thanks again for the feedback!

It’ll be interesting to watch the athlete roster this year.

RIP 4FRNT.

Fuck JLev.

I'm out.
    I did same it jlevs M.O. bummer but the ski industry is a tough biz

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

How long until Hoji's gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    I'm sure salomon's been courting...

Quote Originally Posted by JLev View Post

All product development decisions were made well over a year ago in order to be available for delivery this fall, as it takes that long to prototype, test and bring to market (same for all ski companies). Matt up till this week has been 100% responsible for all product development and management and my involvement very minimal as I have respect for his vision to be sure the brand stays true to it's DNA.

We actually did release a totally new ski this year, the MSP 107.

It took a ton of work by everyone on the team, Matt, athletes and the factory to dial in and win the amount of awards that will be announced in the coming weeks. Matt and I are really proud of how it turned out.

Regarding the descriptions, having too many exclamation marks, I applogize if it sounds out of tone for the brand. With Matt being so close to the product, he actually drove what you read, and myself and others in our office contributed as a team effort as always.

One of the big changes is how the descriptions are presented in an effort to give each aspect of a ski's info more room to go deeper. We all as a group decided to try to use that top section of the product page to communicate more about the way the ski feels when riding it, as casual conversation as if riding a chair with someone asking about them. Then moved the technical construction info and specs down to their own respective sections further down the page. This gave us more space for all three aspects of product info to go deeper per. Matt wrote all of the technology descriptions and created the spreadsheet that drove the specs provided as well.

My role in this company is honestly to make sure it stays in business financially, as it's been very financially challenged for over a decade and there's nothing I want more than to see it succeed while maintaining it's historic position in the market.

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Any chance you’re going to make the MSP in a longer size? Big guys like to play too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RIP 4FRNT.

Fuck JLev.

I'm out.
    Pretty harsh feedback so far....

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

good luck!
    Very harsh by posters nobody in the real world knows.

I’ll be the first to say it— Hoji holds all the leverage here. One of the world’s best designers. If he walks, the company tanks.

Nobody cares about executives.

That said— I truly hope for all the best. I’m stoked for Sterbenz creating his life and setting up the sale.

Some of you act like you just woke up today and suddenly 4FRNT changed ownership. How did you not know this was happening?

I’m still loyal.

Renegade for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Not sure what facts you're basing your perspective on, but Eric couldn't be happier.

He's completely re-designed every detail of his Renegade ski for this year in two sizes that he personally prefers. He's also added a new size to his Raven ski. He's deeply involved in all 3 of his skis development which accounts for over 35% of our adult men's product offering.

We're currently working together to develop a revolutionary new skin/ski integration that he came up with and has been prototyping and using for over 3 years. He's involved in every aspect of the ski development process from concept to final production, graphics and marketing, and gets paid well for it. As any athlete will tell you that I've ever worked with in my career, I will continue to make sure all skiers continue to have a heavy hand in driving the vision for our future products.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

good luck!
    I actually thought it was constructive fact based criticism that was worthy of a response. We already this Saturday morning have gone into all the product descriptions and added some of the more tehnical info that was previously listed separately further down the product pages into the top description. There were only a few "!" but removed as well for good measure haha.

I didn't mention earlier but 4 of our 12 models are new/re-designed. 30% is a huge qty for any brand, but especially for a small independent company during a year with so much transition. Possible thanks to Matt and our athletes contributions.

The fact that you maggots have CEOs posting in your stupid threads is beyond me.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    can i please haz a new hat to convey the "matters" on more formal occasions?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

[QUOTE=TheWetNoodle;5405069]Any chance you’re going to make the MSP in a longer size? Big guys like to play too.

We could definitely consider it for next year. Right now where almost done with the season's production but def could consider for the future.

- Which of the 2 MSP models are you refereing to? MSP99 or MSP107?

- In what size are you thinking? We try to space sizes out by approx. 7cm so far apart enough to make a difference, but not so close to the other size that it's pointless.

Thanks for the perspective

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    can i please haz a new hat to convey the "matters" on more formal occasions?
    Holly shit!!! Now that's a used hat, email me and I'll reply with a link to you up with a new one for weddings and funerals: jason@4frnt.com

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    It’ll be interesting to watch the athlete roster this year.
    Thanks for asking. It will continue to grow in quantity and broaden in variety of personalities that contribute to our marketing and product development as Matt has been steering for the past year and we will continue to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The fact that you maggots have CEOs posting in your stupid threads is beyond me.
    I'm still a skier.

Thanks for asking. It will continue to grow in quantity and broaden in variety of personalities that contribute to our marketing and product development as Matt has been steering for the past year and we will continue to carry on.
    Sounds good!

Not sure what facts you're basing your perspective on, but Eric couldn't be happier.

He's completely re-designed every detail of his Renegade ski for this year in two sizes that he personally prefers. He's also added a new size to his Raven ski. He's deeply involved in all 3 of his skis development which accounts for over 35% of our adult men's product offering.

We're currently working together to develop a revolutionary new skin/ski integration that he came up with and has been prototyping and using for over 3 years. He's involved in every aspect of the ski development process from concept to final production, graphics and marketing, and gets paid well for it. As any athlete will tell you that I've ever worked with in my career, I will continue to make sure all skiers continue to have a heavy hand in driving the vision for our future products.
    Hey, that sounds great. I really like his ski designs, and I wish 4FRNT the best of luck in the future.

Also, the new topsheets with the birds being back are pretty neat. The last few years' designs haven't quite clicked with me.

I'm still a skier.
    Props! It's funny to see people shit on an independent brand (that hasn't really changed) in a ski industry that is chugging towards consolidation and a bleak-ish future.

We still need the ski weights up on the site!

Also please make a renegade in a heavier inbounds focused core.

Haa ha
    Awesome
    Thanks for commenting jLev
    Once again the tough guys on here have been proven to be ignoramuses spewing forth on things they know nothing about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums