Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    I had forgotten about this gem until now, so thanks for that...

Name:  IMG_9918.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  35.9 KB

[/DRIFT]

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    JLev, here's a question re: not being profitable with Line, 4frnt and/or Armada (not you but I'd guess you'd know).
    3 basically "athlete driven companies" that couldn't make money and all sold to or pawned off on other entitities, is the "athlete driven" model flawed? As you know from even this forum and/or newschoolers everyone think they're pro so they should get a deal. Doesn't selling skis for what they're actually worth and not offering "deals" make more sense?
    The average skier skis something like 7-10 days a year with mean probably falling to like 5 days a year.

People who ski freeride, park or powder skis are like ~2% of all skiers. Thatís the market ALL of the athlete driven companies are competing in. Think how many brands out there are competing for like 50k customers worldwide. Also this group is the most likely group to have pro-deals, industry friends, etc and you can see how these companies are struggling to make a profit.

They are also either constrained on the production side by financing their own construction (ON3P model) or paying a factory like Elan or Atomic to make them for you (4FRNT and Armada). Both have distinct disadvantages when you try to scale or make product changes.

Add in staff, R&D fees, sponsorship costs, etc. not a lot of meat left on the bone.

Big brands can break even or even take small losses on their flagship skis and then sell 50k entry level skis at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Challenge Q: How can you be so skinny and live so fat?

Super Challenge Q: As CEO of both J and 4FRNT, are you the Maestro?

PM me for details.
    These are some seriously intriguing questions. Thanks JLev for taking time out of your day to answer such hard hitting inquiries

Sterbenz gone from 4frnt, end of an era

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    These are some seriously intriguing questions. Thanks JLev for taking time out of your day to answer such hard hitting inquiries
    Hahaha. I didn't want him to get skerd and run away!
    sproing!

Hey J - now that 4FRNT are being made in Canada, you totally have to bring back the Pil graphic...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  45.6 KB

Consider this the first preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The average skier skis something like 7-10 days a year with mean probably falling to like 5 days a year.

People who ski freeride, park or powder skis are like ~2% of all skiers. Thatís the market ALL of the athlete driven companies are competing in. Think how many brands out there are competing for like 50k customers worldwide. Also this group is the most likely group to have pro-deals, industry friends, etc and you can see how these companies are struggling to make a profit.

They are also either constrained on the production side by financing their own construction (ON3P model) or paying a factory like Elan or Atomic to make them for you (4FRNT and Armada). Both have distinct disadvantages when you try to scale or make product changes.

Add in staff, R&D fees, sponsorship costs, etc. not a lot of meat left on the bone.

Big brands can break even or even take small losses on their flagship skis and then sell 50k entry level skis at Dicks Sporting Goods.
    Off season price on 4FRNT skis is 600$ which doesn't seem like a lot of money

maybe they need to charge mo money ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nice. I can finance the stickers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.GIF 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	243944
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    People who ski freeride, park or powder skis are like ~2% of all skiers.
    Uhhhhhhh.... not sure where you got that info, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Uhhhhhhh.... not sure where you got that info, but no.
    I just made it up, but from what I see itís close. I would love to see real numbers if they exist

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Thanks, I was looking in 4frnt site

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Nice. I can finance the stickers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.GIF 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	243944
    J really has thought of everything! With finance charges, that sticker should be paid off In just over a year!!