Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I love NY

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Did that too

Got the super sampler, should be here tomorrow. It’s a whole new world.
    Glad to help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Glad to help

Growgods...... Dear God!
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    except in most places (not all), wells ultimately draw from the nearby streams, or more accurately, they are hydrologically connected to the nearby streams. When the streams start running low, and the water table starts lowering due to drought, things could get interesting. I don't see wells as being safe from extreme drought. But you are right, the deeper the well, the safer you are from physical impacts (legal is another story).
    The well at my house is 390 feet deep and never runs low or dry, most of the neighbors are 150 or less and they do occasionally have issues. When I had to have the pump replaced last year the well guy couldn't believe how deep this one is, he was also impressed with the water quality compared to most others in the area.

i was there when they dug the well at my place, they hit water at 80 feet but went to 120 to create a reservoir. When they measured the flow they could only measure up to 20 gal/minute and it was way more than that, the guy said I should open a business filling swimming pools. Awesome water too, no filtration and no softening needed. Some things we don't have around there but water we got.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Growgods...... Dear God!
    All set? Nice

Lotta sick people in NY these days all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They've always been here just needed to be in the know. Now they are.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There's a more intense concentration of sick fuckers around here than pretty much anywhere else in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    They've always been here
    This. The fucking country is FULL of them.

Goddam feds and states need to FIX THEIR SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yep that's a big part of why I don't have most western destinations on the list anymore. I also like the idea of the beach and mountains only being a short trip in either direction rather than a day or more in between them. Strangely enough the Lower Keys are also high on the list but I don't really think I could do Florida full time even though the Keys aren't like the rest of the place.

Um, did you see what happened to the Keys last year when that storm hit? I don't think so.

Absolutely true. That said, the West (or much of it, not all) has developed a complex legal system over the last 150 years to handle shortages of water. Drought sucks and it will obviously be a huge issue everywhere and the West will suffer, but when water shortage hits the East it has a greater ability to cause chaos, because there is no legal structure to decide who gets water and who doesn't and how that gets administered.

Dude, it rains here, unlike the brown desert towns you guys live in. Oh, every now and then it gets dry, but then, Ouila, it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    unlike the brown desert towns you guys live in.
    It's the main reason I live here. Well, besides the topography.

Now I can see timberridge's pic, weird. But it actually is not a response at all to what I am saying. Not all drought risks are created equal. And "drought" doesn't mean "no water", it means "much less water than is usual/expected". The west has complex legal systems to handle drought, the east doesn't. So to repeat, while drought in the west is far more likely (which is what that pic shows), that doesn't mean no water, it just means less water. And there are more systems in place in the west to address how to handle the less water. I don't mean to minimize the danger of drought in the west, but I can tell you that water managers across the west are actively planning for these contingencies and have been doing so for a long time. In the east, not so much. So while the risk of drought is far greater in the west, the chaos that will result from a drought in the east is far greater.

Typical that a lawyer seems to think the lawyers are going to fix the drought problem out west when the shit hits that fan.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's the main reason I live here. Well, besides the topography.

Where's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Where's that?
    Apparently in a van down by the river. If its the Colorado River, you just move the van a bit closer each year as it dries up.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Apparently in a van down by the river. If its the Colorado River, you just move the van a bit closer each year as it dries up.
    This.

I dunno, it doesn't seem like it's stopped many of them.

Keens
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

kinda neck-and-neck with Amsterdam in the race for world capital of hippie speedballs.

I love NY

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I don't fly very often, so it's probably not worth the risk to me of such an incident fucking up my travel plans.

But don't let me dissuade anyone from flying with weed!
    This is where high thc shatter shines.

Everybody knows what weed looks/smells like but waxes/shatters have a completely different smell, a few grams pack a high buzz factor and it's great for traveling.

These were a favorite the last time we we're in CO.
    http://dabbincbd.com/index.html

I haven't been sober on a plane since I was 16, there is no way I'm dealing with all the bs of commercial flight without being mildly inebriated.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    are you in seattle that’s pretty much the thing that keeps so many people from becoming locals here, the rain.
    No, not THAT much. Enough, though.

That's the schizo of the Pacific coast. L.A. Zero vs Seattle rain forest.

skidog, thanks a ton for the conversation today, great talking w you!

as i mentioned, one of my psycho bitches is now totally psycho on growgods thanks to you!

she will probably be going psycho on me at some point, in the van, down by the river, which is fine. then she'll leave, which is the best part.

thanks again, anything you need in the adk just ask. if i don't get back to you assume i've been fucked to death, which is fine

hey you gotta go some time

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    It's pretty easy to buy weed in DC. Go to the mall. Ask some of the T-shirt and food vendors, then buy a $50 t-shirt and get gifted a free bag of weed.
    Sure, if you still smoke flower (I don't, I vape) then you can get 2 grams of locally grown weed for a $50 shirt. Now you have a shitty shirt and worse weed. Not like there's a selection, like in other States where it's legal. I finally found an Head Shop that has vape carts as a "gift." They work but come the fuck on. The trash can outside is full of t-shirts and hats, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    are you in seattle that’s pretty much the thing that keeps so many people from becoming locals here, the rain.
    Would you believe that on average DC gets more rain annually than Seattle? You have months of drizzle. We got 10" of rain in 2 weeks in July.