Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    What field is your wife in? Job market is strong here. What do u want to do? Look forward to skiing with u and meeting up.
    She manages a corporate retail outlet. She's been a regional manager of the year a bunch of years running and her two way relationship with the company is very good, she loves it, it loves her...etc. There were, or maybe are, promotional opportunities that would involve moving to Milwaukee or Minneapolis or something like that. She enjoys our life here. We're close to the beach, little house, etc. She really doesn't want to leave the company, and her gut reaction to Utah, as a whole, is familiar to me....it was mine before I had life experiences pushing me to go there against my instincts. So I've felt like I want her to see it the way I did, that may not be possible in a short period of time....I'm not sure.

Anyway, yeah, we should go. We've never really done a vacation because the entire time we've been together it's kind of one of us working or lack of money or dog logistics....all that stuff.

basket case. Wear your helmets everybody....being a scramble head is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    No pressure. Take the trip, bring the wife along. Enjoy the skiing, make new friends, treat it as a vacation.
    ditto --

Bump.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    bump back at ya with props to get outside and telefreewasatch
    and a couple hundy more in the kitty
    stoked 2 share sums iistrategies smiles soon
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks man. Plans are coming together.

^^^^Any bumps in the road, Yetiman? How can I hep?
    You still plan on driving? Mag beds/couches along the way could be rad...

youre welcome to stay here, get a nice place alone somewhere
    or the icecrib (given mrs ices blessing)
    sheldon says latters a watershed and if the furkid comes he has to stay here and be his puppy friend
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Bump for the last time... closing the fund to new donations after this week.

Any new year resolutionaries out there with a couple coins to toss?

dogs aren't allowed in Big Cottonwood Canyon or Little Cottonwood Canyon, even in your car afaik, so you can't bring them to Solitude/Alta/Bird/etc just fyi. no clue on dog-friendly hotels in the area though there are a zillion hotels so I'm sure there's something. there is a fair amount of dog-friendly touring if you're willing to get out of the Cottonwoods though. also a lot of dog daycare type things, though be warned they'll want records of vaccines which might be a problem for you PNWers and some places will want an "interview" first (though at Camp Bow Wow at least the "interview" day is just a free day of daycare)

Donated. Hope ya make it there man.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    thanks 4 doing that Norse!!!

so the next mission will be acquiring donations for the 19BBI@Alpental raffle, with 100% of the proceeds going towards funding Pediatric Brain Cancer Research.
    long time mag, Sorrybro’s boy Roarke, just won his battle with brain cancer and i want to help him help other kids that are effected, by supporting Children’s Hospital’s life saving work.
    awesome.

Campaign is closed. Thank you to all donors!

$1820 was raised.

hes home safe and as sound as evars
    bless all of you
    who made this blessing
    happen

For the record, if you guys had put this in the right forum, and I had seen it in time, I might have contributed. Maybe.

very nice

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    For the record, if you guys had put this in the right forum, and I had seen it in time, I might have contributed. Maybe.
    icemanselectivereadsinjeans
    and you did contribute to his enjoyment of his SKIING trip
    on slope and off

Yes, the whole thing was a total dream come true.

Thanks to all of you who contributed money and offers to stay with you and skiing and partying and lending me gear...it was an avalanche of love and I appreciate it so much.

One of my favorite parts of the whole thing is/was just being in the presence of iconic guys like Iceman and Splat and Djongo and Flowing Alpy and SFB and BobMc....Older brothers. I have to take better care of myself because I want to be like you guys in 15 years. I want to be like you guys right now, but I want to still be like you moving indefinitely forward.

It was good to check a series of memories....
    "Steep" is steeper than I remembered...
    The High T is more brutal than I remembered
    Wildcat remains hidden in plain view
    Everywhere we skied I was finding myself enjoying skiing I wrote off when I lived there. I don't know wtf that was all about....Utah has a hell of a lot of skiing.
    My old neighborhood is as skeezy as it ever was, even with 3x the property values. I feel like it may have gained an Ogden.

Speaking of which:
    I'm rating Ogden at 1 Ogden....It could be zero Ogdens, it's trying. Maybe it's zero.
    I'm also rating Carter Lake Iowa (Omaha) 3 Ogdens.
    Green Bay: 0 Ogdens
    Solitude -9 Ogdens.
    Laramie Wyoming -1 Ogden.
    Galena IL -2 Ogdens

It was fun to spend time in the valley with all the Husky Latin Women.

Norseman really stood out in the ripper dept.
    If any of the scouts read my emails, we'll never see sirvicsmasher again because he'll be playing for the Canucks next year.

Iceman will need to write his book on The Wheel, because there isn't enough time in the day to explain it in conversation form.

Brock Landers is such a boss I'm just glad he didn't write me up. He handled being dragged to The Best Worst Mexican Restaurant in Salt Lake City like a champion.

All you guys, so many more of you....just being around normal skiers for a few days charges my batteries.

Thank you all so very much.

This thread rules

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yes, the whole thing was a total dream come true.

Thanks to all of you who contributed money and offers to stay with you and skiing and partying and lending me gear...it was an avalanche of love and I appreciate it so much.

One of my favorite parts of the whole thing is/was just being in the presence of iconic guys like Iceman and Splat and Djongo and Flowing Alpy and SFB and BobMc....Older brothers. I have to take better care of myself because I want to be like you guys in 15 years. I want to be like you guys right now, but I want to still be like you moving indefinitely forward.

It was good to check a series of memories....
    "Steep" is steeper than I remembered...
    The High T is more brutal than I remembered
    Wildcat remains hidden in plain view
    Everywhere we skied I was finding myself enjoying skiing I wrote off when I lived there. I don't know wtf that was all about....Utah has a hell of a lot of skiing.
    My old neighborhood is as skeezy as it ever was, even with 3x the property values. I feel like it may have gained an Ogden.

Speaking of which:
    I'm rating Ogden at 1 Ogden....It could be zero Ogdens, it's trying. Maybe it's zero.
    I'm also rating Carter Lake Iowa (Omaha) 3 Ogdens.
    Green Bay: 0 Ogdens
    Solitude -9 Ogdens.
    Laramie Wyoming -1 Ogden.
    Galena IL -2 Ogdens

It was fun to spend time in the valley with all the Husky Latin Women.

Norseman really stood out in the ripper dept.
    If any of the scouts read my emails, we'll never see sirvicsmasher again because he'll be playing for the Canucks next year.

Iceman will need to write his book on The Wheel, because there isn't enough time in the day to explain it in conversation form.

Brock Landers is such a boss I'm just glad he didn't write me up. He handled being dragged to The Best Worst Mexican Restaurant in Salt Lake City like a champion.

All you guys, so many more of you....just being around normal skiers for a few days charges my batteries.

Thank you all so very much.

: ) Thank you, -J (!) tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Hey, my friend, thanks for including me with the old Lions. Those guys have a ton of mileage on me here at the trg'z. I hope to be able to pull my weight with the Bosses. And everyone for that matter.

And FWIW, I feel that I have found my lost tribe here. Most I like, one or two not as much, and a few who are plainly from the same gene pool.

IAS - I would be psyched to have you as a guest of the Teton Mags. Anytime, this summer, next winter, whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hey, my friend, thanks for including me with the old Lions. Those guys have a ton of mileage on me here at the trg'z
    Posting is one thing. Living is another.

I'm just honored to take a few runs with you guys. The little mouse inside my skull was going FULL SPAZ . I don't know how I even held it together.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    safety meetings
    FKNA right.

IAS, did you haul those solly PRs home?

Oh hell yes I did.

60% chance I ski those tomorrow. Gotta get up sfb-early so's I can mountify before the poodle wakes up and gets all stressed out and poodly about "scary basement noises".

S T O K E D

The last day he was here we rode up the lift with a guy on pocket rockets and a MATCHING baby blue one piece. After giving him crap about his skis the entire chair ride, IAS finally confessed that they were actually his favorite skis. Quite comical.

JH thrift store specials. No shit. git sum.