Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Let's send YetiMan to BBi19 in Utah

I’m starting my melon backpack training this week

Bump!

Our man gets the keys to his coins today.

GoFundMe requires withdrawal arrangements to be set up within a month of campaign kickoff, else cease accepting new contributions. That's September 2nd here, so this morning I designated Yeti as the beneficiary.

This platform only allows a single beneficiary to be linked for withdrawal. If we want to do this sort of crowdfunding for others, we can either set up individual fundraisers for them, or find a volunteer to be the manager of the funds and distribute to the worthy. Or buy them plane tickets to avoid gray area cash transactions.

Currently there's $1237 for YetiMan. FKNA!

Further contributions are allowed once he completes the withdrawal setup.

woohoo! better plan to have those days off, yetiman!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    O shit you are a duck
    go dawgs
    i'm only feeling mildly duckish these days

yeti / i-as To utah...

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I'm restarting my bike commute in hopes of being less wheezy and leg-burny by late winter. Pedaling carefully this time so as not to re-injure.
    I spend a lot of time thinking about this whole situation, I'm trying to focus on excitement more and anxiety less.
    One thing remains steadfast: I'm an odd duck, and it's comforting to have some sense of community away from ski town life, because my place is scrambled, and I'm scrambled, so being out of place is now a constant sense....and having some connection to normal helps.
    dude.

1237 is awesome (!)

( I'm (gonna) contribute Today. )

with 1237+, I encourage you to bring Mrs. i-as along ;
    I think it would be cool for her to see you among friends ! !

fwiw, this is the tgr forums ; We are all "odd ducks." ;

fwiw2, I think Marquette is a ski town. ... it ain't Taos nor SquawValley, but 'say, eh... ' You are on "da U.p. "

welcome home. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 08-21-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

I'm restarting my bike commute in hopes of being less wheezy and leg-burny by late winter. Pedaling carefully this time so as not to re-injure.
    I spend a lot of time thinking about this whole situation, I'm trying to focus on excitement more and anxiety less.
    One thing remains steadfast: I'm an odd duck, and it's comforting to have some sense of community away from ski town life, because my place is scrambled, and I'm scrambled, so being out of place is now a constant sense....and having some connection to normal helps.
    Good on ya for the cycling! Slow and steady, as they say.

As for the anxiety, this TEDx is kinda stupid but kinda good. Just keep the good stuff from it. Thought it might help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Bump.

I’m imagining driving, for purposes of saving $ and having some logistical flexibility for some non-bbi-related visiting while in Utah. I just imagined that happening, visting some old friends there, and got a little bit choked up...some times I have what could only be described as flashbacks where for a moment I just feel like I’m there, and if it’s a good one I always drift to going to eat somewhere or going to see a friend....and it just crrrushes me when I realize I’m here and not there.
    I think this could be the trip I’ve been imagining for a long time where I bring my skeptical wife to Salt Lake/Ogden so she can see it’s not Provo.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the furkids welcome too
    youre welcome to a spare bedroom, access to the mancave and anything i got
    i look forward to sharing turns agan
    been a while
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m imagining driving, for purposes of saving $ and having some logistical flexibility for some non-bbi-related visiting while in Utah. I just imagined that happening, visting some old friends there, and got a little bit choked up...some times I have what could only be described as flashbacks where for a moment I just feel like I’m there, and if it’s a good one I always drift to going to eat somewhere or going to see a friend....and it just crrrushes me when I realize I’m here and not there.
    I think this could be the trip I’ve been imagining for a long time where I bring my skeptical wife to Salt Lake/Ogden so she can see it’s not Provo.

yeti / i-as ...

I hope it works for you(,) to make this trip --

I remember standing in the parking lot at Alta in January of '95 as they had ninety-eight inches of snow in four days with tears running, thinking,

' If this is as close to heaven as I get - it's okay. '

Time marches on., and Life takes some unexpected turns...

I don't know If I will get to utah in March ( - Targhee and KC the previous week remain a priority. . . )

But I hope you can do this : your friends want You There (!) Good luck... tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Now you're talking. I'm sure Ned and I could even stage some things around town if needed.

More confusion about the Ogden scale. Is there a Provo scale, for reference?

i DONT KNOW WHAT A bbi IS BUT yETI IS ONE OF THE BEST PEOPLE/SOULS/EMPLOYEES/SKIERS/MINDS i HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO ENCOUNTER.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Now you're talking. I'm sure Ned and I could even stage some things around town if needed.
    Alledgedly?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    BBI’s a mag community invite to gather folks on common snow.
    a winter celebration held at different locations the past 4 years
    basically a knock off of the fabled mini’s of yore. past Invitationals have been held at Jackson Hole, Bridger/big Sky, Bachelor and of course Alpental. this year we are lucky to have acquired the services of skifishbum to be our host. past hosts include b-bear@JH and Norseman@BB/bS.
    thanks you guys and everyone else that has contributed!!
    thanks mang.
    y'all couldnt ask for a better host

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    i DONT KNOW WHAT A bbi IS BUT yETI IS ONE OF THE BEST PEOPLE/SOULS/EMPLOYEES/SKIERS/MINDS i HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO ENCOUNTER.
    it a flocking togather of birds o feathers summit thing
    youre a natural ringer and better b there
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Alledgedly?
    Heh..

I just opened utahrealestate. That was a mistake.

Nearby where I sold my house for 110K is just littered with houses for sale from $300K to $500. I don't think we'll ever be able to move there, my wife's not going to live in some ghetto apartment in Magna so I can go skiing. I'm not going to get divorced to move to Utah at age 40 with a bad back.

I don't know. I thought it would be good to bring her, with a thought of moving, but shit....the whole cost of living has completely changed...there's no way it's even close to feasible now. I don't even know how people manage with little regular houses in the city being half a million dollars. How does anybody live like that?

Check Ogden. There's still some values there, less than 150k, close (15 minutes) to Snow Basin and PowMow with LCC/BCC with easy range. You can do this if you want.

Yeah Ogden.

fuck. the irony is not lost.

Really. Between Washington and Harrison, between 20th and 30th.
    Some great old maggots live there, a surprising number, lots of jobs, lots of opportunity.

I used to have to go to an office at 25th and Adams. Walking across the dead-body, hypodermic needle field between the office and the parking. I was always so happy to get out of there at the end of the day.
    I see on streetview there's a fancy new building where that biohazard field used to be....
    The world is just racing past me like a freight train. I remember when I could take a few strides, catch it and go along for the ride, now it's just going to rip my arm off if I even try.

it's more about getting up to speed so it doesn't hurt so much... not that that's any easier
    ​I am not in your hurry

I used to have to go to an office at 25th and Adams. Walking across the dead-body, hypodermic needle field between the office and the parking. I was always so happy to get out of there at the end of the day.
    I see on streetview there's a fancy new building where that biohazard field used to be....
    The world is just racing past me like a freight train. I remember when I could take a few strides, catch it and go along for the ride, now it's just going to rip my arm off if I even try.
    Yeah, parts of Adams are still a little sketch, but it's way better than it was 20 years ago. If I was looking for an affordable place to live and ski now, I would choose Ogden.

You can do this.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_26377848/

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_25493081/

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_24800445/

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_26084365/

You know meatdrink9, meatsofevil, truth, Trescow. They can give you more info. Ask.