Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Not sure I can contribute to an ill advised strategy.

Is there a back story to the user name change? Can yetiman return? I always liked that name. Visions of a 7 foot hairy beast on skis.
    . . .

I think yeti should become our own Bill Brassky.

I hope I can make it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

FKNA!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Awesome idea. Skiing with friends > skiing alone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bump for $1000 raised in 3 days. Booyah

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Love that shot! Fun trip, dude.

Tailgate party shot from the Village lot:

Name:  2018-08-06_08-20-58.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  66.9 KB

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Not sure I can contribute to an ill advised strategy.

Is there a back story to the user name change? Can yetiman return? I always liked that name. Visions of a 7 foot hairy beast on skis.
    My partner (me: sawyer, him: swamper) on the Taos BLM fire crew was half asleep when we were all spike camped out on a smokey fireline one night. As the smoke laid low at the treeline, he looked up and saw a large shaggy figure coming toward the crew. I had long hair all scraggly from days out working and a big beard, and was wearing my tattered old shirt I kept in my pack for the odd cold night shift like that one. He thought I was bigfoot, and named me YetiMan. When I changed it here nobody had called me that in more than a decade. It was outdated when I signed up, really, because by then I'd already moved and that crew and friends were gone.

I just thought a weird disclaimer as a username would be funny. I still think it's funny. YetiMan makes/made people think I was super into Yeti bikes or some sort of cooler sales rep....
    Now at least the new ppl know how to take my advice.

I am very much, overall, as a whole, an expression of ill-advised strategies, and questionable tactics.

I'm excited to meet you all, and nervous. I'm better in writing, and there will be people there who remember my skiing at a very different pace than anything I can pull off nowadays...that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I'm better in writing, and there will be people there who remember my skiing at a very different pace than anything I can pull off nowadays...that's for damn sure.
    Well said. That hits home for me, too.

But in my experience, maggots are a super welcoming bunch in general. I haven't skied much at all since moving to Baltimore for grad school almost exactly five years ago, but a few of the Alpy mags showed me around/let me tag along on a random day last winter for my first time at their home resort. First day on skis in a long time, but everyone was just out to have fun.

Not sure I'll make any of the BBIs this year (time and money, as always...unless there's one in the front range), but I'm stoked that they're happening and that deserving mags are being given the opportunity to attend when they otherwise couldn't.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

No judgement on skibility or health, Yeti. Attitude is prime and I'm very glad that you're stoked.

Radicools will peel off to shred if the urge is unbearable, leaving the stonezies and graybeards to shack-hop and noodle.

Don't stress about perceived abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    No judgement on skibility or health, Yeti. Attitude is prime and I'm very glad that you're stoked.
    ^^^This.

This whole thread is awesome. So glad mags are doing this for Yeti/IAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Thanks, Dibs.

For those not clued, this was at Bridger Bowl on the first morning of BBi MT 18.

L to R are 4Matic, swerve, jackattack, Djongo Unchained, NW_SKIER, climber Joe, Leavenworth Skier, Norseman, WMD, flowing alpy, mofro261, mooseknuckles, (blanking... sorry), sailcat, mtnbikerboarder, and Gepeto.

Dibs took the shot and I believe SkiJ was also out of frame.

Let's send YetiMan to BBi19 in Utah

How the fuck did I miss that line up? At least my truck made it in. Must have been when I went to take a shit.

Oh yeah, 2funky! I think you were sitting in the passenger seat fuckin around with something. Probably doing your makeup.

Probably, my mascara kept getting all fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Probably, my mascara kept getting all fucked up.
    For anyone wondering, this is what 2FUNKY looked like after stepping out of his truck that day:

Name:  Johnny-Depp-Diors-Mens-Fragrance-1.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  48.7 KB

damn I’m a sexy mofo. Lmao!!

Missed this for the past couple days. Love this idea. In!

Thanks, Kevo.

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thanks, Kevo.

Bump!
    Next to mooseknuckles is paterero.

Yes, thanks. You introduced us at your wedding, iirc.

I sure did.

I'm restarting my bike commute in hopes of being less wheezy and leg-burny by late winter. Pedaling carefully this time so as not to re-injure.
    I spend a lot of time thinking about this whole situation, I'm trying to focus on excitement more and anxiety less.
    One thing remains steadfast: I'm an odd duck, and it's comforting to have some sense of community away from ski town life, because my place is scrambled, and I'm scrambled, so being out of place is now a constant sense....and having some connection to normal helps.

😁

do it yetiman. it would be hard to be more nervous than i was to show up for bbi16 and nobody was cheering me on to come! everybody was kind, funny and generous. whatever you need, when the time comes it will be just what you need.