Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Attachment 258806

Carson’s & Commander 98’s

Finish is unreal & Commanders come in at 1821 & 1822 grams.
    Hot damn.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Just got the same size Carson’s delivered. Finish is amazing. Daughter super stoked. Now to find some bindings....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Nice to be back on some Moments today after a 12ish year hiatus.

190 Deathwish. Conditions were less than perfect. It last snowed like 5 days ago. Been super cold though. Not much wind at all. Name of the game was hard "styro-pack" moguls off the tram with a mix of chopped up slab. Can't think of any skis that would have been great in this snow really.

What I really like about the DW is the quick pivot ability like a true rocker-flat/reverse-rocker as well as train tracks when you lay them over in one pair of skis. Pretty freaking cool. Low weight and fairly lively for wanting to ollie from bump to bump. Cool skis. Can't wait to get them out on a softer day.

I am 5'7" and 155#. Might be considered a "big" ski for my size, but it skis pretty short. You can swing it around easily like you are on a 180-185 regular camber + rockered directional ski.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Deciding between the Deathwish tour or the Meridian tour.

DW’s are lighter and I don’t plan on charging in the backcountry so leaning towards them.

Meridian tour seems like more of a 50/50 ski. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Looking for any info on the Meridian tour also. If this is a baby touring Chipotle Banana, my guess is that it kills it anything soft, but my love of full rocker is guessing the Meridian Tour is versatile as fuck. Beta please....

Trigger pulled on some Chipotle Bananas after way too much time spent staring at them on the website...

Quote Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
    Trigger pulled on some Chipotle Bananas after way too much time spent staring at them on the website...
    Gotta take them down the Banana runs at CB

184 Wildcat Tours are pretty fun so far. Prettt decent on firm snow at speed considering the weight. It could double duty as a soft snow resort ski for someone who is touring but wants to ski a handful of powder days with lifts or family.

This is a great life decision. I hope they serve you well. I've always wanted a pair. Just bought some Blister Pro's right before they announced the Chipotle re-release or I might have joined you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    This is a great life decision. I hope they serve you well. I've always wanted a pair. Just bought some Blister Pro's right before they announced the Chipotle re-release or I might have joined you.
    I always felt like I missed out when I didn't get them the first time around...so I couldn't let it pass again

No Beta yet on the Meridian Tour but just bought the wife a pair. Will report back when we actually get snow. In the meantime would also be really curious to hear about any experiences with those boards.

Noticed that the listed weight on the bananas was taken off the website. Looked originally like it was really light, like <1,900 grams touring light. Anyone got an actual weight on them?

Moment Skis Discussion

Selling 196 Governors
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-09-2018 at 06:41 PM.

A “new to me” 2018 184cm Bibby owner that is floored by how great they are even on just softer afternoon groomers and crud on 550’ vert East Coast hills. Hope to get them into some West Coast snow this season.
    Shocking how similar the Bibby flex is to the Rustler 9 and Head Framewall. Now have 3 fun, playful chargers in different widths.

Like others trying out new skis this year, my new 2018 Sir Francis Bacons in 184cm lasted 3 runs and already sold them to a buddy who they will be perfect for. They didn’t love speed and a little too soft for me.

Put me down as another one intrigued by a non-Tour 108 Wildcat that should be a perfect ski to replace the SFB.

I’m now a fellow Moment believer!

Moment Skis Discussion

Whoops
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 12-09-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    A “new to me” 2018 184cm Bibby owner that is floored by how great they are even on just softer afternoon groomers and crud on 550’ vert East Coast hills. Hope to get them into some West Coast snow this season.
    Shocking how similar the Bibby flex is to the Rustler 9 and Head Framewall. Now have 3 fun, playful chargers in different widths.

Like others trying out new skis this year, my new 2018 Sir Francis Bacons in 184cm lasted 3 runs and already sold them to a buddy who they will be perfect for. They didn’t love speed and a little too soft for me.

Put me down as another one intrigued by a non-Tour 108 Wildcat that should be a perfect ski to replace the SFB.

I’m now a fellow Moment believer!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood

Need encouragement to pull the trigger on Bananas

I'm suffering from the same illness, but haven't pulled the trigger. Can you guys convince me that I "need" the Bananas for this season's trips to AK and Jackson (plus usual Tahoe days). I have some DWs for my daily drivers and 190 Bibbys, but I can't stop drooling over the CPs. Thinking they would be a ton of fun in AK fresh.

I'm still skiing on Jaguar Sharks, although looking to switch to something a little narrower in the waist. 116 is a bit too much for a daily... but they still have the best graphics of any Moment ski.

Why don't we just go ahead and start the chant for a standard layup Wildcat 108 in the regular ski lineup. Who wouldn't want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Why don't we just go ahead and start the chant for a standard layup Wildcat 108 in the regular ski lineup. Who wouldn't want that?
    I would want that...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm suffering from the same illness, but haven't pulled the trigger. Can you guys convince me that I "need" the Bananas for this season's trips to AK and Jackson (plus usual Tahoe days). I have some DWs for my daily drivers and 190 Bibbys, but I can't stop drooling over the CPs. Thinking they would be a ton of fun in AK fresh.
    Def worth it. I have bibby's, gpo's and meridians and stilled scored some night trains for deep days. Bibby's don't float the way I like in pow, and something about full reverse skis is just so damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Considering that their regular layup would still be light AF...8.5 lbs (+/-) for the 184?

Especially if we can go Tahoe 2012 blue or governor 2014 red skulls...

How many pairs do we need? Did the PBDeath ever happen?

Attachment 259315
    Attachment 259316
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Attachment 259316

Still regret selling these Govy’s

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

Considering that their regular layup would still be light AF...8.5 lbs (+/-) for the 184?
    THIS. A valid concern. Maybe they could add some maple to the core to add back in some weight? I know they have it, they use maple in the David Wise Pro model.

Moment Skis Discussion

custom Maple Heavy Wildcat 108s for 2020! If I’m only buying one ski next year, I might save up the $1250 for a full custom from Moment. I bet it’s worth it. Will address this 10 months from now

Just pulled the trigger on Meridian Tours in a 181. Stoked! Can't wait to try them!