Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Thanks 666!

How much do you weigh 666?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

6-2 @ 205lb - aggressive long carve fast skiing style especially at the magic carpet with the 2 year old.

I'm working on some NZ trip reports and have some vids to sort through so I should be able to share some footage on the new skis.

Sounds good.

Commander has my attention as an NZ (Clubbies) ski. How did they do with all the Remarks sharks?

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Sounds good.

Commander has my attention as an NZ (Clubbies) ski. How did they do with all the Remarks sharks?
    Coverage was pretty good so didn’t do any damage. My Deathwish over the years have handled damage pretty well. It does seem like each year the quality of construction improves.

Mounted up my new Deathwish's yesterday with STH2-WTR13's, look good. Put Rossi demo binders on my old Deathwish's for rock skis or if visitors want to try them. Also have two pair of Zephyr's that Luke had in the back. One for my diminutive wife who has a well worn pair of Zephyrs she needs to replace and the other for our ripper granddaughter to use starting next year. Attachment 245171

Nice. My 10 year old has a pair of the 146 Zephyr but still prefers the Carson.

Graphic reference material:

LJ - Issuu
    MLM - Issuu

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Nice. My 10 year old has a pair of the 146 Zephyr but still prefers the Carson.
    Our nine year old Granddaughter is on her second pair of Carson’s, 136 mm. She does love them

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Graphic reference material:

LJ - Issuu
    MLM - Issuu
    Quality post.

Anyone happen to know the mount point on 12/13 187 Belafonte? Graphics on the sidewalls are completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Aever-Betel,

Here's another review for the front page: Meridian 117: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ian-117-Review

I'd really like to see more comparo's of the M117 and teh Bibby. My Bibbys will die someday, and I'll need a new resort pow slayer...
    I currently have the 187 m117 and the OG Bibby 190 changed my life and made me an unpaid fanboy. I have had 5 pairs of moments and will get a new dw 190. I'm 6 feet and around 180 for reference. I like front and tail rocker and for me the bibby was the playful charger I had always wanted. My bibbys had hundreds of days on them and last season I wanted to replace. Since purchasing the bibby I had started touring on the meridian tour and the old dw had become the daily driver.

I feel like the m117 is certainly a more pow specific tool than the bibby, and with that on an inbounds pow day I find it more fun which is a big claim. I've never been on full rocker ski that does better in the chop. Again it's not a bibby which is the best ski I have ever had in the chop. In the deep the pivot and smear is effortless and you can rail them easily. The main difference that I find between them is the sweet spot on the m117 is much smaller. Once you figure it out they are legit. I also skied them on some of those spring days where morning pow afternoon slush and they were fun there as well.

In summary if you are filling a quiver and want max fun in pow get the m117. If you are looking for versatility go wildcat. My m117 are mounted with demo binders and I'm happy to let any mags take um for a lap at Solitude.

Happy to answer specific questions as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Solitude.
    Bring em to BBIU!

I'm curious, how do Moment's measure length-wise? Straight pull or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm curious, how do Moment's measure length-wise? Straight pull or not?
    Mine all measure a bit shorter than stated. So ... like most manufacturers -- not like On3p.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    In summary if you are filling a quiver and want max fun in pow get the m117. If you are looking for versatility go wildcat. My m117 are mounted with demo binders and I'm happy to let any mags take um for a lap at Solitude.
    Lemonhead - that was exactly the perspective I needed - thanks.

Seems like they might be somewhat akin to Renegades with that 33m radius.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Lemonhead - that was exactly the perspective I needed - thanks.

Seems like they might be somewhat akin to Renegades with that 33m radius.
    Yeah great insight. Seem similar to other full rockered skis like the renegade, but slightly short in length at only 187cm. My exact concern about the length is confirmed when he mention it feels like they have a "small sweet spot". While they do have slightly more effective edge than the Bibby (less tip/tail taper), wouldnt the full rocker make them ski shorter? Why not make these longer than most other big full rockers powder skis which are 190cm + ?

Doesnt make sense. Glad i picked up those Ghost Train 194s.

The physics might not make the most sense. But didn’t on3p chop 2 cm off the Billy goat tail just so they didn’t have to try to sell a 190+ ski? So...I bet it makes sense for the business.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I’d try a 191 Meridian 117

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    The physics might not make the most sense. But didn’t on3p chop 2 cm off the Billy goat tail just so they didn’t have to try to sell a 190+ ski? So...I bet it makes sense for the business.
    Yeah that makes sense. But a 189 ON3P = 192 Moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I’d try a 191 Meridian 117

I would have have bought them immediately if they existed.

Moment Skis Discussion

Yup. I love full rocker in difficult 3D conditions, almost as much as on3ps RES. I dont mind the smaller sweet spot.

IIRC, the 187 Meridian 117 seems close to 187cm. It wasnt shorter than 188 PB&Js which measure close to 187cm.

My 196 Govs measure 195.6, so some are truer to length than others.

Wildcats are 188.x cm

And speaking of Physics, I still cant wrap my head around this whole weight reduction thing. Everything I've learned from TGR, Blister, and my own experience on snow with skis follows the principles:

More Mass = Dampness, and More Dampness = Better Performance.

So we are removing 200 grams from the Bibby, Deathwish, etc, with the same design otherwise, and they will still perform the same? If the theory above is no longer true, I am willing to be educated otherwise, but Im not sure how one fucks with Physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Yup. I love full rocker in difficult conditions, almost as much as on3ps RES. I dont mind the smaller sweet spot.

IIRC, the 187 Meridian 117 seems close to 187cm. It wasnt shorter than 188 PB&Js which measure close to 187cm.

My 196 Govs measure 195.6, so some are truer to length than others.

Wildcats are 188.x cm

Good to know, I stand corrected. It seems like the other designs with more rocker have a larger discrepancy in true length vs stated length.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    More Mass = Dampness, and More Dampness = Better Performance.
    I suspect there is more to it than that (e.g. materials' inherent dampness or not, independent of weight - only takes a little rubber to add dampness, doesn't weigh much). Plus there is a point of diminishing returns. Plus it depends what you're trying to get out of the ski, and on personal preference (not everybody wants super heavy, super damp skis)

I think I’d still have a lot of fun on that 187 length Meridian 117. I’m definitely gonna demo this year. 187 (maybe 186.x true length?) is a little short ideally, but the skis are stiff and heavy enough, and I bet they charge hard if you stay balanced. They were noticeably beefier than Govs or Wildcats..and the effective edge is longer.

Sometime short length is good, thats why I like 189 Rx (Measure 187cm).

I used to ski on the 184 Katana, and had no issues with length. The 187 Meridian seems like a stiffer ski, albeit lacking metal.