Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Some video from Mid-August on the Commander 108 at Cardrona NZ...

^^ looks like fun

Wondering if you've spent time on belafontes and could offer a comparison?

Its been years since I've been on Belafonte's...but I did use the 192cm as a daily driver alongside a Bibby and Comi. The new Commander 108 is similar but more refined and better all-around ski. It also has 2 sheets of titanal, a semi-cap topsheet and tail-rocker that the Belafonte did not have...if I remember corrtectly, so that should make them a bit more playful.

Hey Skier666,

Thanks for the Commander 108 stoke. I have a pair waiting for me at the factory. My 4th Moment ski purchase - so ya, I'm a fan. BTW, I skied Treble Cone a few years ago and you were super cool about providing me with NZ info. I always appreciated that, so thanks again.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Hey Melee and crew,

Could you guys do the (what I think is a) 2012 Bibby graphic on a wildcat? It’s my favorite top sheet.

Attachment 247829

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Hey Melee and crew,

Could you guys do the (what I think is a) 2012 Bibby graphic on a wildcat? It’s my favorite top sheet.

Attachment 247829

Hey there ski-matchy friend. Even the right binding. My better half told me this is the only topsheet that is allowed over the fireplace.

Attachment 247830

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Hey there ski-matchy friend. Even the right binding. My better half told me this is the only topsheet that is allowed over the fireplace.

Attachment 247830

Three's a crowd my dudes. Its probably my favorite top sheet too!

Attachment 247831

Attachment 247832

Pretty sure they can. Tempted by the wildcat 108 tour with the 2012 (I think) Tahoe topsheet - Sky blue graffiti.

https://goo.gl/images/XsevRN
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Ditto, favorite topsheet.

Attachment 247834

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Three's a crowd my dudes. Its probably my favorite top sheet too!

Attachment 247831

Attachment 247832
    Bibbys over soft bumps gets me going. I can just feel the rage about to commence.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Ditto, favorite topsheet.

Attachment 247834
    Damn Kiwi P18s look really nice in on them. Mine are already on their 3rd mount sadly.

Attachment 247830
    What’s your BSL for God’s sake?? Got a room for rent next to that hoarde?

What’s your BSL for God’s sake?? Got a room for rent next to that hoarde?

I'm impulsive when it comes to cheap skis. BSL for most those is ~310-5 (shorter for touring skis). Will cover 26s and 27s no problem. Given the low cost of everything, mags are always welcome to try something if they are curious or in need.

Haha, my wife still has those topsheets in a 174cm.

PSA Cause I'm NOT buying these Exit Worlds with STH2s for $200: https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/s...701186050.html

Here's some more footage from NZ on the Deathwish & Commander 108...

Nice! Stoked about my Commanders- just hope I chose the right size!

@melee -- any chance ya'll ever gonna make the Strega available in the US in a length for US consumers... say a 182?

http://momentskis.jp/?p=5603
    Unfortunately we have no plans on making a longer Strega. We do have some 162 and 172s that didnt make it to Japan though.

Hey Melee and crew,

Attachment 247829

Yes. It would cost Wildcat retail +$250.

Email jake@momentskis.com and we can get them into production next week.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Sorry if this has already been covered, maybe my search skillz suck.

Looking for info, advice on the Bella for my wife. Is it a slightly less stiff Meridian 107? How accomplished a skier do you need to be to properly engage the full rocker edge to rip groomers? Would an intermediate/advanced primarily PNW skier comfortable with blacks, but used to ancient gear (current daily driver a 89 width old K2) take to the Bella's shape, characteristics quickly? I personally have never tried a full rocker profile ski so I dont really have any insights myself. Goal is to get her something she'll grab 90% of the time here in the PNW, and eventually also use for short day tours, so the relative light weight of the Bella is immediately appealing. She's 5'10", about 135 for ref.

One of the Moment gearheads did a great job convincing me the Bella should be on my short list for her new birthday ski gift (I wish I recall his name, extremely helpful!). Now looking forward to some additional insights from this crew. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Sorry if this has already been covered, maybe my search skillz suck.

Looking for info, advice on the Bella for my wife. Is it a slightly less stiff Meridian 107? How accomplished a skier do you need to be to properly engage the full rocker edge to rip groomers? Would an intermediate/advanced primarily PNW skier comfortable with blacks, but used to ancient gear (current daily driver a 89 width old K2) take to the Bella's shape, characteristics quickly? I personally have never tried a full rocker profile ski so I dont really have any insights myself. Goal is to get her something she'll grab 90% of the time here in the PNW, and eventually also use for short day tours, so the relative light weight of the Bella is immediately appealing. She's 5'10", about 135 for ref.

One of the Moment gearheads did a great job convincing me the Bella should be on my short list for her new birthday ski gift (I wish I recall his name, extremely helpful!). Now looking forward to some additional insights from this crew. Thanks in advance!
    I can only partially comment on this. My wife has some 4frnt Devastators (another fully rockered ski) in a 164cm that we go her when she was skiing similar things to your wife and they have done quiet well for her. She is 5'4" and at this point I think they are actually a little short for her and were looking at getting her something in the low 170cm range. I also had a set of Meridian 117's last year and I've owned a lot of fully rockered skis, so I can somewhat comment on the Meridian.

They will likely be pretty easy on any groomers that are not icy. Basically put the ski on edge and it will initiate smooth easy turns. They will not be 'poppy' meaning they wont have a lot of energy in and out of turns so they will not be the most fun for just lapping groomers. My wife moved over to her fully rockered skis quickly and easily. I think there are a lot of benefits for intermediate skiers in any sort of soft snow.

The only area they likely wouldn't be great is firm choppy snow. Being a stiffer ski and with her being a lighter skier she will likely get bounced around a bit.

If you are looking for something that will be lots of fun lapping groomers this likely isn't your ski. But if you are looking for something that will be 'fun enough' on groomers when you are getting back to the lift from something else they would likely be great.

You also might think about a Deathwish in a 174cm... that's on my short list for my wife.

Wife has some Bellas from a few years back. They're maybe ~4 years old - not sure how much they've changed since then. She likes them a lot, particularly on softer days. She's not a particularly carvy skier - she spends a healthy majority of her time off groomed, but the Bellas seem acceptable on groomers, albeit not impressive. For dedicated groomer skiing, she clearly prefers her narrower skis, but for the occasional groomer lap the Bellas are fine.

The Bellas were her daily driver for a couple years, but she got some Blizzard Sheevas that she prefers for the soft but skied out lumpiness that's so often what we're skiing. The Bellas were just a bit a bit soft and didn't really have the backbone or weight to punch through that stuff. But the Bellas float a bit better, and they're easier to work through tighter trees. Since she got the Sheevas, the Bellas have mostly become her touring skis, but she still uses them inbounds sometimes when sidecountry is on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I can only partially comment on this. My wife has some 4frnt Devastators (another fully rockered ski) in a 164cm that we go her when she was skiing similar things to your wife and they have done quiet well for her. She is 5'4" and at this point I think they are actually a little short for her and were looking at getting her something in the low 170cm range. I also had a set of Meridian 117's last year and I've owned a lot of fully rockered skis, so I can somewhat comment on the Meridian.

They will likely be pretty easy on any groomers that are not icy. Basically put the ski on edge and it will initiate smooth easy turns. They will not be 'poppy' meaning they wont have a lot of energy in and out of turns so they will not be the most fun for just lapping groomers. My wife moved over to her fully rockered skis quickly and easily. I think there are a lot of benefits for intermediate skiers in any sort of soft snow.

The only area they likely wouldn't be great is firm choppy snow. Being a stiffer ski and with her being a lighter skier she will likely get bounced around a bit.

If you are looking for something that will be lots of fun lapping groomers this likely isn't your ski. But if you are looking for something that will be 'fun enough' on groomers when you are getting back to the lift from something else they would likely be great.

You also might think about a Deathwish in a 174cm... that's on my short list for my wife.
    Thanks for chiming in Tailwind. And good suggestion to consider the DW for her. I demod a pair myself in the 183 (I think?) a couple seasons ago at Kirkwood, very impressed with it in the very late season conditions there (zero fresh, but everything else).

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Wife has some Bellas from a few years back. They're maybe ~4 years old - not sure how much they've changed since then. She likes them a lot, particularly on softer days. She's not a particularly carvy skier - she spends a healthy majority of her time off groomed, but the Bellas seem acceptable on groomers, albeit not impressive. For dedicated groomer skiing, she clearly prefers her narrower skis, but for the occasional groomer lap the Bellas are fine.

The Bellas were her daily driver for a couple years, but she got some Blizzard Sheevas that she prefers for the soft but skied out lumpiness that's so often what we're skiing. The Bellas were just a bit a bit soft and didn't really have the backbone or weight to punch through that stuff. But the Bellas float a bit better, and they're easier to work through tighter trees. Since she got the Sheevas, the Bellas have mostly become her touring skis, but she still uses them inbounds sometimes when sidecountry is on the menu.
    Toast thanks for your feedback! Especially the Sheeva compare as it is also on my consider list. Its a bit heavier than I'd like for her, trying stay <1800g per ski as shes had two ACL reconstructions and the less weight to throw around the better.

@Melee and the Moment crew: any thoughts to share? How do Bella and DW stiffness compare? And are the newer Bellas (this seasons and last) stiffer than the 4 yr old model that Toast refers to? I want to avoid stiff tails, I know that won't jive with her ski style well, but moderate stiffness profile should be fine, she's athletic, strong. Appreciate any other suggestions, insights! I'm having a hard time deciding between full rocker vs more traditional rocker/camber/rocker, but this feedback is helping.

Thanks for chiming in Tailwind. And good suggestion to consider the DW for her. I demod a pair myself in the 183 (I think?) a couple seasons ago at Kirkwood, very impressed with it in the very late season conditions there (zero fresh, but everything else).

Toast thanks for your feedback! Especially the Sheeva compare as it is also on my consider list. Its a bit heavier than I'd like for her, trying stay <1800g per ski as shes had two ACL reconstructions and the less weight to throw around the better.

@Melee and the Moment crew: any thoughts to share? How do Bella and DW stiffness compare? And are the newer Bellas (this seasons and last) stiffer than the 4 yr old model that Toast refers to? I want to avoid stiff tails, I know that won't jive with her ski style well, but moderate stiffness profile should be fine, she's athletic, strong. Appreciate any other suggestions, insights! I'm having a hard time deciding between full rocker vs more traditional rocker/camber/rocker, but this feedback is helping.
    Sorry for the delay on this response.

So the Bella Toast is referring to would be one that is camber underfoot and rockered at the tip and tail. Essentially a skinnier Bibby/Wildcat.

The new Bella is a Meridian. That being said it does have a somewhat stiff profile, but you want this on a full rockered ski.

Full rocker on the hardpack essentially acts like a preflexed ski. This allows for the Bella to be extremely quick edge to edge for its width.

The Bella and Meridian absolutely rail on hardpack. You do really need to be on them when you're on ice...but you said you demoed them at Kirkwood, so if you ski out west here all the time she will be fine on them 99% of the time.

Full rockered skis like the Bella and Meridian dont typically overwhelm people with stiffness due to the rocker. Anyone can just roll them edge to edge and they go. If you really want to shorten up a turn and carve them, then you need to be able to flex and drive the ski...

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Sorry for the delay on this response.

So the Bella Toast is referring to would be one that is camber underfoot and rockered at the tip and tail. Essentially a skinnier Bibby/Wildcat.

The new Bella is a Meridian. That being said it does have a somewhat stiff profile, but you want this on a full rockered ski.

Full rocker on the hardpack essentially acts like a preflexed ski. This allows for the Bella to be extremely quick edge to edge for its width.

The Bella and Meridian absolutely rail on hardpack. You do really need to be on them when you're on ice...but you said you demoed them at Kirkwood, so if you ski out west here all the time she will be fine on them 99% of the time.

Full rockered skis like the Bella and Meridian dont typically overwhelm people with stiffness due to the rocker. Anyone can just roll them edge to edge and they go. If you really want to shorten up a turn and carve them, then you need to be able to flex and drive the ski...

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks Melee! Just a couple more q's, I appreciate your input. Any changes from last years Bella to this years other than topsheet? And, I know they are completely different skis, but would the deathwish or bella (both in low 170s length) be a more manageable, fun transition for her coming from her old setup (K2 Dawn Patrols with a gasp 89 width). I want to get this gear refresh right, it happens so infrequently for her due to her "I'm fine I don't need new gear" bs attitude haha. thanks!

Thanks Melee! Just a couple more q's, I appreciate your input. Any changes from last years Bella to this years other than topsheet? And, I know they are completely different skis, but would the deathwish or bella (both in low 170s length) be a more manageable, fun transition for her coming from her old setup (K2 Dawn Patrols with a gasp 89 width). I want to get this gear refresh right, it happens so infrequently for her due to her "I'm fine I don't need new gear" bs attitude haha. thanks!
    Last years Bella and this years are the same other than topsheet.

Th Bella and Deathwish are very different skis.

With the Bella you can roll it over and it goes like I stated before. It also can smear and skid very easily and tight places. One draw back to any full rocker ski is that you dont get as much energy through transitions because you cant pump as hard against the camber. Lastly, they dont feel as damp because their isnt any camber to take the impact.

The Deathwish is our #2 seller, its an amazing ski that lots of people love. That being said it wants to be on edge due to the triple camber, it isnt grabby, it just prefers to rail a turn versus skidding a turn.

I do think that almost any ski would be an upgrade for your wife. It just depends on how she skis and what she is looking for...